IGNORED

Lansdowns Rage

arpaul

It appears that Mr Lansdown is disgusted by the 'underhand' dealing that went on during the transfer saga of Steve Maclean, and explains of "feeling very badly let down"

Perhaps he now feels how the majority of City fans felt with the appointment of Tinnion. Still, 'He who lives by the sword...'

It appears that Mr Lansdown is disgusted by the 'underhand' dealing that went on during the transfer saga of Steve Maclean, and explains of "feeling very badly let down"

Perhaps he now feels how the majority of City fans felt with the appointment of Tinnion. Still, 'He who lives by the sword...'

I see "many" has now become "the majority". You have been canvassing hard. When can we look forward to reading "all"?

I'm also wondering where the 'majority' came from?

I would much rather have kept Wilson then bring Tinnion in as manager. In my opinion, Wilson wasnt given enough time or funds to ever mount a decent promotion challenge. Furthermore, when Wilson went I would much rather Landsdown had appointed someone who didnt know the club or the division at all and spent another 4 years assembling a squad to get us out of this division....and probably failing.

:city:

My guess is that McClean was offended by the leak on the internet that said Rangers and City had agreed a fee without anyone speaking diectly to him.

It may have been his agents fault but he was clearly unhappy about the leak - he said as much in the EP.Maybe he blamed City for the leak, who knows? and thats why he went to Sheffield.Plus the extra cash of course.

whilst a cynic may suggest that Tins' appointment was a pretty good show of P.R. (and I'm sure it crossed most of our minds) you can't doubt his loyalty, commitment or workrate. Neither would I call the manner of his appointment underhand. SL had a job to do and did it. End of story. Wilson didn't achieve what he was asked to achieve. Losing in the play off final counts for nothing when the new season begins. Everyone starts on 0 points.

Guest Bigals
My guess is that McClean was offended by the leak on the internet that said Rangers and City had agreed a fee without anyone speaking diectly to him.

It may have been his agents fault but he was clearly unhappy about the leak - he said as much in the EP.Maybe he blamed City for the leak, who knows? and thats why he went to Sheffield.Plus the extra cash of course.

Tinnion never spoke to Maclean or his Agent so how does he know his wage demands. Maclean wants to play for Wednesday. Simple. The wage thing is a red herring from Tinnion to stop you Reds being ###### off more than you already are.

Majority, you're having a laugh aren't you. So you would be quite happy for the manager of BCFC to carry on being a passionless stubborn and tactically inept fool, whilst seeing out the remaining two years on his contract then?

He had money to build HIS squad, he had time to win promotion, and he failed on more than one occasion.

You can believe what you want, but don't count me as one of your "majority".

:city:

Guest Lockerman

I feel totaly let down by someone !

Why Maclean just didn't have the decency to at least come down and speak to Brian Tinnion, Steven Lansdown and to actually see what the club was about, I personally hope he ends up as a bench warmer, with sheffield and that they languish in the lower leagues until their extinction.

And if all goes to plan we wave goodbye to him at the end of the season and i hope that it is us that's going up.

Give it up, for feks sake!! Wonder-son, and his love child have gone..they blew promotion for the third time, and were warned things would change. Most clubs wouldnt have waited for that long.Back the current manager, Wonder-son blew his chance, Give Tins a chance, I'm sure the likes of you will be on the minute we lose our first match, baying for blood!

As for McClean, a question for you: As a young Scottish lad, looking at an international career, would you rather play for a side in the West of England, the furthest part of the UK from Scotland, in a side which has a reputation for blowing promotion, and is a perrenial div 2 side, or play for one of the best known sides in England, with gates in Div 2 of 20,00 plus a week, a matter of of an hour or two from home, when you have played for 1 of the best teams in the UK?? Sheffield Wednesday or Bristol City?? We're biased, but most if not all nuetrals would say Wednesday!

""Tinnion never spoke to Maclean or his Agent so how does he know his wage demands. Maclean wants to play for Wednesday. Simple. The wage thing is a red herring from Tinnion to stop you Reds being pi55ed off more than you already are.""

McCleans agent faxed through to City his wage demands which City though were too high for a Div 1 player but City wanted to talk to McClean to see if there was some middle ground, but McClean decIded to go to Wednesday who I understand coughed up the dosh he was asking for without a problem. No wonder Sheffield Wednesday are so heavily in debt.

Guest Bigals
""Tinnion never spoke to Maclean or his Agent so how does he know his wage demands. Maclean wants to play for Wednesday. Simple. The wage thing is a red herring from Tinnion to stop you Reds being pi55ed off more than you already are.""

McCleans agent faxed through to City his wage demands which City though were too high for a Div 1 player but City wanted to talk to McClean to see if there was some middle ground, but McClean decIded to go to Wednesday who I understand coughed up the dosh he was asking for without a problem. No wonder Sheffield Wednesday are so heavily in debt.

So Tinnion did talk to Maclean (thats what you are saying) and he wouldnt pay his wage demands. So Tinnion is lying.

Whichever way you look at it Tinnion is lying to you. He either never spoke to him so how does he know what he would accept or he did and wouldnt pay.

Wednesday have said publicly that their wage bill for this season is 2 million. That works out about £2000 per week for each player. Is that high? Not to what it used to be when we were Premiership or even 1st Div. Remember we have over 20000 people per game. That is over £300K just thro the gate which is probably 2 or 3 times higher than the wage bill.

So Tinnion did talk to Maclean (thats what you are saying) and he wouldnt pay his wage demands. So Tinnion is lying.

Whichever way you look at it Tinnion is lying to you. He either never spoke to him so how does he know what he would accept or he did and wouldnt pay.

Is there a problem with our accents??

Robbored stated:

"McCleans agent faxed through to City his wage demands which City though were too high for a Div 1 player but City wanted to talk to McClean to see if there was some middle ground, but McClean decIded to go to Wednesday who I understand coughed up the dosh he was asking for without a problem."

Where in that does it say we actually spoke to Maclean. Fax does not mean talk....understand :city::cool::D

I read with interest the Lansdown rage & whilst annoying that the player didn't give us the chance to discuss a move,this annoyance does go through the system & how many times have we as fans been full of rage with happenings within the club.

To pick up on Arpauls original post,I think it does have a very clear message & one that many forum users tend to miss.

Yes, perhaps the 'majority' tag was a little OTT, but how many times have we to say it, that this forum represents a very small % of fans & is often used as a PR media to influence many.

We all have our opinions & I too feel that many fans havn't been pleased with the Tinnion appointment, or rather the way it was a done deal before we explored other avenues.

Manager sacked & new one installed within 24 hours (or less).

No one wants to see it fail & I hope it dosn't for the fans sake, but it's a huge risk & one that IMHO should have been dealt & communicated better.

SL, feels as if he has the right man & after all his funds have kept us afloat, but without the fans this club would be nothing & from what I have picked up, many fans would have liked more time given to outsiders to apply for what is a 'big club' job.

The 'stability' issue is a smoke screen & I still can't believe that SL/BT didn't have some idea what was to happen if DW was to go.

Good luck to BT, as he will be needing to have everything right for promotion in his first season.

As for the message that arpaul put, yep your right,many fans did feel let down when BT was appointed & whose to say they weren't right to?

BT & the playing staff I hope prove the many doubters wrong, as whichever camp you have the foot in, we all want success for this club.

Give it up, for feks sake!! Wonder-son, and his love child have gone..they blew promotion for the third time, and were warned things would change. Most clubs wouldnt have waited for that long.Back the current manager, Wonder-son blew his chance, Give Tins a chance, I'm sure the likes of you will be on the minute we lose our first match, baying for blood.

As for McClean, a question for you: As a young Scottish lad, looking at an international career, would you rather play for a side in the West of England, the furthest part of the UK from Scotland, in a side which has a reputation for blowing promotion, and is a perrenial div 2 side, or play for one of the best known sides in England, with gates in Div 2 of 20,00 plus a week, a matter of of an hour or two from home, when you have played for 1 of the best teams in the UK?? Sheffield Wednesday or Bristol City?? We're biased, but most if not all nuetrals would say Wednesday!

Don't think this is about DW.

And yes, I am sure like many were with DW, if BT dosn't get things right it will be on his back time.(and towards the board)

But lets hope this is not the case.

Because, as I have stated, it's BCFC that has to succeed.

As for your comments about McClean, well these should be directed to SL - he was the one in rage.

To pick up on Arpauls original post,I think it does have a very clear message & one that many forum users tend to miss.

Yes, perhaps the 'majority' tag was a little OTT, but how many times have we to say it, that this forum represents a very small % of fans & is often used as a PR media to influence many.

A little OTT? Yes, and the Titanic shipped a little water.

So, MORI ask around 1,000 - 2,000 people (if memory serves) how they would vote in a general election and this is generally considered to be representative of the views of the 40 million eligible voters (0.005% of the population).

We have (at a guess) 300 - 400 regular active users on this forum, yet you do not consider their views to be representative of the 10,000 regular home fans at Ashton Gate (3-4% of regular Ashton Gate attendees). I see...

By the way, I think you're being very unfair on yourself, labelling your posts as PR merely there to try and influence others. Still, good of you to admit it.

Yes. You talk funny. And all drive tractors after drinking a gallon of scumpy or summat.

We on the other hand all have whippets, work 36 hour shifts in t'pit (or we did until everyone's favourite PM intervened), go home (via the boozer), beat up th missus etc.

Glad to have cleared that one up.

DessieBoy

From t'North.

Guest Bigals

Robbored stated:

"McCleans agent faxed through to City his wage demands which City though were too high for a Div 1 player but City wanted to talk to McClean to see if there was some middle ground, but McClean decIded to go to Wednesday who I understand coughed up the dosh he was asking for without a problem."

Where in that does it say we actually spoke to Maclean. Fax does not mean talk....understand  :city:  :cool:  :D

TimmerD.........###### its not difficult. Tinnion either spoke to Maclean or he didnt. Spoke = contacted = faxed = telephoned = emailed or any other form of communication. Its the same thing. Are you still with me ???

So he knew how much Maclean wanted. Did he know how much Wednesday offered. NO, no idea because he never spoke to him(or faxed etc etc). UNDERSTAND???

He say what he was asking for (everyone asks for more: Right?) and decided he wasnt worth it and gave up (didnt talk to him, fax etc) so now he is saying that Wednesady met his demands. Hes lying, he hasnt a fekking clue. Whos going to tell him, not Wednesday and not Maclean (because he hasnt spoke to him)

Have I got through to you

TimmerD.........###### its not difficult. Tinnion either spoke to Maclean or he didnt. Spoke = contacted = faxed = telephoned = emailed or any other form of communication. Its the same thing. Are you still with me ???

So he knew how much Maclean wanted. Did he know how much Wednesday offered. NO, no idea because he never spoke to him(or faxed etc etc). UNDERSTAND???

He say what he was asking for (everyone asks for more: Right?) and decided he wasnt worth it and gave up (didnt talk to him, fax etc) so now he is saying that Wednesady met his demands. Hes lying, he hasnt a fekking clue. Whos going to tell him, not Wednesday and not Maclean (because he hasnt spoke to him)

Have I got through to you

Oh, so a fax is now the same as speaking to someone....right i see....

Anyway, you might want to read this article before you state that Tinnion has been lying http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~538353,00.html

Now will you be quiet :city:

Guest Bigals

Ive read it have you. Someone from BCFC says we paid him more. Well he would wouldn't he. He is covering his arse.

Wake up and read what is published.

Weve got Maclean so why should i want to wind you up. Just read the facts and dont believe everything you are told, think about it first.

This is getting boring so THATS IT, THE END

What planet are you on mate ? We felt let down by old Danny boy who failed to win us promotion and then couldnt live with the implications of his failure

Archived