IGNORED

Lansdowns Rage

arpaul

I bloody well do as I resent some Wendy fan coming on here saying our manager has lied to us when he has done no such thing.  :@  :@  :@

The thing is he's signed for Wednesday. Fact.

He didn't want to play for us so why worry. Heffernan did and good luck to him.

Move on, this site is a festering pit of rumour and resentment and I don't really see the need for it to be so.

If Wednesday feel they can afford such wage bills, good luck to them. we can't (or won't) and that (said Alice) is that!

Who's up first in the friendlies?

- :city:

Ive read it have you. Someone from BCFC says we paid him more. Well he would wouldn't he. He is covering his arse.

Wake up and read what is published.

Weve got Maclean so why should i want to wind you up. Just read the facts and dont believe everything you are told, think about it first.

This is getting boring so THATS IT, THE END

So what are the facts? Have you seen his contract? Where did you get your information? Did someone tell you, either by print or verbally? Or did you see it yourself?

Look duckie, it's all pure speculation if you haven't.

Oh and how is the Roundhouse? Still a chhesy night out?

Guest Bigals
So what are the facts? Have you seen his contract? Where did you get your information? Did someone tell you, either by print or verbally? Or did you see it yourself?

Look duckie, it's all pure speculation if you haven't.

Oh and how is the Roundhouse? Still a chhesy night out?

Thats my point exactly. I dont know. You dont know and Tinnion doesnt know so why did he tell you that Wednesday paid him more than you would????

A little OTT? Yes, and the Titanic shipped a little water.

So, MORI ask around 1,000 - 2,000 people (if memory serves) how they would vote in a general election and this is generally considered to be representative of the views of the 40 million eligible voters (0.005% of the population).

We have (at a guess) 300 - 400 regular active users on this forum, yet you do not consider their views to be representative of the 10,000 regular home fans at Ashton Gate (3-4% of regular Ashton Gate attendees). I see...

By the way, I think you're being very unfair on yourself, labelling your posts as PR merely there to try and influence others. Still, good of you to admit it.

Steady on tiger :city:

Now what made me think you would perk up with this facts?

This forum has worked well in this past - removal of DW etc etc.

And gets mentioned on Radio,Press & TV.

Persoanlly, I reckon the FCC & Supporters club have more of a mix of supporters than the forum.

This forum is used widely as a huge PR exercise by many & it appears that anyone with views that don't take the correct 'party line' are shot down by the 'usual' hit mob.

Some fans are so ###### off with the 'PC' of this forum that they just read & couldn't be ##### to make a real contribution.

Sorry Edson, but we would be wrong to believe this is a true reflection of the thoughts of a huge fan base that could be 30/35,000 strong.

Thats my point exactly. I dont know. You dont know and Tinnion doesnt know so why did he tell you that Wednesday paid him more than you would????

Yeah and someone has told you that your wage bill is £2mill. Is that the truth? Also we were told his demands, and then he signed with you. He must have been quite happy with your offer. Yes you may be a bigger club but you must have come at least close to his offer without him wanting to find out what the others could offer.

Do you think that is logical?

This forum is used widely as a huge PR exercise by many & it appears that anyone with views that don't take the correct 'party line' are shot down by the 'usual' hit mob.

Ohhhhhh, I see, you want to voice your opinions unopposed, regardless of how wide of the mark they may or may not be. Gotcha.

Can I suggest you now look up the definition of 'forum'.

Ohhhhhh, I see, you want to voice your opinions unopposed, regardless of how wide of the mark they may or may not be. Gotcha.

Can I suggest you now look up the definition of 'forum'.

Gosh Edson, you can spin more than Norman Cook & twist things more than Chubby 'bl00dy' Checker!!

I think the unopposed views are firmly the desires of the PR team that whipped up the forum to a fenzy to rid of DW, and firmly use inside information to bring him down?

The Tinnion relationship is well documented.

Please don't try & belittle someone who has views that differ from those of yours. :city:

Gosh Edson, you can spin more than Norman Cook & twist things more than Chubby 'bl00dy' Checker!!

Tut tut, there you go attacking the poster and not the post again. You do have difficulty keeping to your self-imposed rules, don't you.

I think the unopposed views are firmly the desires of the PR team that whipped up the forum to a fenzy to rid of DW, and firmly use inside information to bring him down?

Really? Who are these PR gurus? I think you should name them, so we're all aware of their nasty, underhand methods.

The Tinnion relationship is well documented.

And?

Please don't try & belittle someone who has views that differ from those of yours. :city:

No, you're right. In your case, it's really not necessary.

:city::cool:

Tut tut, there you go attacking the poster and not the post again. You do have difficulty keeping to your self-imposed rules, don't you.

Really? Who are these PR gurus? I think you should name them, so we're all aware of their nasty, underhand methods.

And?

No, you're right. In your case, it's really not necessary.

PR Guru - the one that springs to mind is the one that made such a song & dance with posts on here & the Soapbox in the E Post? :D

:city:  :cool:

PR Guru - the one that springs to mind is the one that made such a song & dance with posts on here & the Soapbox in the E Post? :D

Nope, you've still lost me. I'm afraid I really am going to have to press you to name this incredibly powerful person, who can get the manager of our club sacked and the candidate of his/her choice handed the job.

Do tell, I'm fascinated now.

It appears that Mr Lansdown is disgusted by the 'underhand' dealing that went on during the transfer saga of Steve Maclean, and explains of "feeling very badly let down"

Perhaps he now feels how the majority of City fans felt with the appointment of Tinnion. Still, 'He who lives by the sword...'

Is this numpty serious ?

Guest Bigals
Yeah and someone has told you that your wage bill is £2mill. Is that the truth? Also we were told his demands, and then he signed with you. He must have been quite happy with your offer. Yes you may be a bigger club but you must have come at least close to his offer without him wanting to find out what the others could offer.

Do you think that is logical?

Logical yes but you are saying the same thing you said before only worded differently.

If you dont want to accept my argument, dont accept it. You know I have a point that could be true but you dont want to accept it. I can live with that.

Goodnight and God Bless

Nope, you've still lost me. I'm afraid I really am going to have to press you to name this incredibly powerful person, who can get the manager of our club sacked and the candidate of his/her choice handed the job.

Do tell, I'm fascinated now.

You tease, richie.

As usual, you'll imply but not actually name the person you are referring to. Why not?

I think it's important that people know there is a PR guru moving amongst us on this forum, with the power and influence to get Bristol City's manager sacked and his/her preferred candidate handed the job.

Name the individual you are referring to.

You tease, richie.

As usual, you'll imply but not actually name the person you are referring to. Why not?

I think it's important that people know there is a PR guru moving amongst us on this forum, with the power and influence to get Bristol City's manager sacked and his/her preferred candidate handed the job.

Is it Max Clifford? I didn't know he was a City fan.

And there was I thinking that I had made my own mind up on the Danny Wilson saga.

I was under the impression that I gave him (fairly) unwavering support right up to his failure and then decided he should leave on the grounds that we had made no progress.

I now have to accept that I was all the time being influenced by others and completely unable to make my own judgement on the grounds of the awful tactics we used towards the end of the season.

What a weak-minded 40 something I am, thanks for pointing this out to me RichieB. :@

Wednesday are in financial trouble far more seriously than us, and are patently prepared to take a HUGE financial gamble to get them into the Coca Cola Premier (or whatever). No guarantee it'll work though! Lets not forget that Argyle's biggest piece of expenditure was £30,000 on Mickey Evans. I don't know how many imports they've managed this close season, but it seems to be an entire teams worth.

Tins is right when he suggests we need a target man - is Maclean really one of those - or yet another one for the future? If we have no target man, the overall passing of the side needs to be much more accurate than it has been.

I'm not too disappointed at Maclean signing for Wednesday - we have many strikers of a similar mould anyway. Who would you rather have Maclean (who couldn't be bothered to arrive in Bristol anyway) or Gillespie (who took the trouble)?

:city:  :cool:

'Pele' he was known as Edson?........... am I right?

have I got that right or wrong...... I don't think he'll sue me if I'm wrong... he was still a great footballer.

'Pele' he was known as Edson?........... am I right?

have I got that right or wrong...... I don't think he'll sue me if I'm wrong... he was still a great footballer.

Do you know what DC, you are actually spot on.

Pele, enter centre stage ^_^

You tease, richie.

I think I will leave it up to the Forum Members to use their own judgement, but for some time a campaign on this site was full of certain allegations against DW. (Senior players not happy,DW lost the changing room,where DW lived, training methods,team selections etc etc)

Yes, many of us were concerned with certain,tactics & maybe team selections, but much was being said of the changing room & loss of respect from senior players.

Rumours like this don't just appear, unless they come from an inside source.

Now let people put 2 & 2 together & reach their own conclusion.

I think I will leave it up to the Forum Members to use their own judgement, but for some time a campaign on this site was full of certain allegations against DW. (Senior players not happy,DW lost the changing room,where DW lived, training methods,team selections etc etc)

Yes, many of us were concerned with certain,tactics & maybe team selections, but much was being said of the changing room & loss of respect from senior players.

Richie, whilst I might not dismiss your argument quite as readily as some on here, I do think you are taking it to conclusions that are well beyond reality. This forum is not powerful, has little influence over anyone and basically is only representative of a small number of very opinionated fans! Anyone taking it too seriously needs to take a reality check ^_^

Rumours will always be there, wherever they come from and however seriously (or otherwise people take them). In fact they and the opinions of others are what make the forum.

Now speaking as someone who was (and still is) a Wilson supporter, I still do not believe the comments made on here had anything to do with him going. Either way, now is the time to get over it - continual harping back to the decision (however much one might disagree with it) is not helpful (and yes, I find it hard not to but as a city fan, I have to move on). I fully support Tins in his new role and am really looking forward to the start of the new season (as ever) when expectations will be high and disappointment will no doubt come into it, but that doesn't stop us does it?

This forum is not powerful, has little influence over anyone and basically is only representative of a small number of very opinionated fans! Anyone taking it too seriously needs to take a reality check ^_^

Are you reading this Simon Parkinson ????

So, as ever you imply but won't go so far as to actually name the person you are referring to. Seems you don't have the courage, when push comes to shove.

In that case, may I suggest you either put up or shut up on this issue.

Richie, whilst I might not dismiss your argument quite as readily as some on here, I do think you are taking it to conclusions that are well beyond reality.  This forum is not powerful, has little influence over anyone and basically is only representative of a small number of very opinionated fans!  Anyone taking it too seriously needs to take a reality check  :(

Rumours will always be there, wherever they come from and however seriously (or otherwise people take them).  In fact they and the opinions of others are what make the forum.

Now speaking as someone who was (and still is) a Wilson supporter, I still do not believe the comments made on here had anything to do with him going.  Either way, now is the time to get  over it - continual harping back to the decision (however much one might disagree with it) is not helpful (and yes, I find it hard not to but as a city fan, I have to move on).  I fully support Tins in his new role and am really looking forward to the start of the new season (as ever) when expectations will be high and disappointment will no doubt come into it, but that doesn't stop us does it?

Quite right bobby,we move forward.

Just responding to others requests. ^_^

So, as ever you imply but won't go so far as to actually name the person you are referring to. Seems you don't have the courage, when push comes to shove.

In that case, may I suggest you either put up or shut up on this issue.

^_^

For now I will save you from further postings on this subject.

But the digits are itching to name you? :(

^_^

For now I will save you from further postings on this subject.

But the digits are itching to name you? :(

So, are you saying it is me, Huw Griffiths ,username 'edson' on the Bristol City Forum, that you are referring to as the 'PR team' in your post, where you said:

"I think the unopposed views are firmly the desires of the PR team that whipped up the forum to a fenzy to rid of DW, and firmly use inside information to bring him down?"

Yes or no. Come on, surely you can manage that.

So, are you saying it is me, Huw Griffiths ,username 'edson' on the Bristol City Forum, that you are referring to as the 'PR team' in your post, where you said:

"I think the unopposed views are firmly the desires of the PR team that whipped up the forum to a fenzy to rid of DW, and firmly use inside information to bring him down?"

^_^

Interesting admission

:(

^_^

Interesting admission

:(

Well, it would be an interesting admission, if it was an admission, which of course, it isn't (but when did you ever let facts stand in the way of your theories?)

Interesting side-step of a simple request for a yes or no. Come on, have the courage of your convictions, or don't you have the bottle?

Strange, when you seemed so sure of yourself before.

Even if Richie is reluctant to name names - I think we all know that the person he's refering to is indeed Pele!

The circumstancial evidence is all there for all to see.Make of it what you will but remember that this forum is read by those that hold the power at AG and the forum has influence - especially if you know those in power personally.... ^_^

As you have confirmed all your details,can you just explain to this mere mortal, how come the Edson name never appears on the user list?

Always like to see whose contributing, but you pop up & surprise us!

^_^

Well, it would be an interesting admission, if it was an admission, which of course, it isn't (but when did you ever let facts stand in the way of your theories?)

Interesting side-step of a simple request for a yes or no. Come on, have the courage of your convictions, or don't you have the bottle?

Strange, when you seemed so sure of yourself before.

No side step,nothing strange about it,have my facts.

Just consulting my legal people.

Just hold that breath - a little longer? :P

Archived