IGNORED

SL on talksport at 1215 today....

'Orns

10 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Now now jHag, just because I caught you out on one or two inaccuracies of yours, and your misunderstanding of who "let" Kodj go. Let's not fall out over that.

I have praised LJ, but you don't read every post I post so you wouldn't know that. What "upsets me" is Bristol City being sh1te, which we were for too long this season. That we stayed up, I am absolutely delighted. And looking forward to Sunday.

So, well done Lee Johnson for keeping us in the Championship over 46 games! 

Well done Lee, you kept us up in the end! Ok? Don't forget, I have praised, as well as criticised.

Oh, and we are all "deluded" bud. Fact! That's something - along with wanting City to do well - that we both have in common. We all have in common, on here, and at AG.

You live in hypothetical, conspiracy theorist world. That's how you're deluded. You opt to focus on everything negative and give no credit to the manager, only when called out for your negativity. S***e for too long? We're 17th, went on one horrendous run but started and ended the season well. You opt to focus solely on the negatives and ignore everything that goes against your argument.

Still bringing up the Kodjia post? Haha, some people really can't let things go, as is the case with you and others with the losing run. I pointed out that LJ would not have wanted to lose Kodjia, as would any Head Coach/Manager, and that it would have been a board and financial choice to let him go. Once again, you and the same old negative posters claimed it was LJ's decision and therefore he bore that responsibility. Yeah, just like Rodgers was at fault for Liverpool selling Suarez, or AVB for Spurs selling Bale, eh? Even the top managers struggle in scenarios like that. And they had entire summers to replace them, not two days. We weren't prepared for him leaving and that cost us until we got reinforcements in January. Only then could Lee work with more than a very inexperienced Abraham and a very old (but fantastic servant) Wilbraham as his striking options, which wasn't enough at this level. We had a 0 net spend and find ourselves in a similar position to where we were last season. Nothing groundbreaking.

But the same old names turn every possible thing into as negative spin as possible. It's desperate and really quite sad.

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Do tell us all about this feeling. I'm getting nothing here....

Football on 5, mentioned it, not out of the question at all, he has developed well here with a top coach steering his young career, I am sure Conte can recognise another good manager when he sees one!! 

Oh well, if people believe that this season has been 'average' and that SL doesn't interfere in the football side of things, whilst employing his mate good luck. I'm not going to convince you otherwise, in the same way that the only thing that will convince me is a solid season of consistent results.  The only difference is I want to be proved wrong.

18 minutes ago, iamsober said:

and you know everything about BCFC!!

Cheap shot, at what point did I say I did?  I just said it was easier for people outside listening to the softest of interviews that BCFC knew what they were doing?

13 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

You live in hypothetical, conspiracy theorist world. That's how you're deluded. You opt to focus on everything negative and give no credit to the manager, only when called out for your negativity. S***e for too long? We're 17th, went on one horrendous run but started and ended the season well. You opt to focus solely on the negatives and ignore everything that goes against your argument.

Still bringing up the Kodjia post? Haha, some people really can't let things go, as is the case with you and others with the losing run. I pointed out that LJ would not have wanted to lose Kodjia, as would any Head Coach/Manager, and that it would have been a board and financial choice to let him go. Once again, you and the same old negative posters claimed it was LJ's decision and therefore he bore that responsibility. Yeah, just like Rodgers was at fault for Liverpool selling Suarez, or AVB for Spurs selling Bale, eh? Even the top managers struggle in scenarios like that. And they had entire summers to replace them, not two days. We weren't prepared for him leaving and that cost us until we got reinforcements in January. Only then could Lee work with more than a very inexperienced Abraham and a very old (but fantastic servant) Wilbraham as his striking options, which wasn't enough at this level. We had a 0 net spend and find ourselves in a similar position to where we were last season. Nothing groundbreaking.

But the same old names turn every possible thing into as negative spin as possible. It's desperate and really quite sad.

And the same names keep selling this season, and our underperforming manager, as a success.

Just now, RumRed said:

And the same names keep selling this season, and our underperforming manager, as a success.

Nobody (to my knowledge) has claimed the season has been a success. Just that it isn't the disaster some like to make it out to be. One run was disastrous, the season as a whole wasn't.

My concern is not with LJ.  I have no more idea than anyone else, including SL, on whether he has learned from this and last season's two meltdowns. I, along with most if not all, sincerely hope he has.

My long term concern is with SL's Bristol Sport model which I believe is not in the long term interests of City.  Moreover I find his whole approach to management deeply dated. What a laugh saying we know everything. For a start I should like to know why we have this ridiculous agreement with Rovers, which has no legal basis or sporting basis at all

3 hours ago, RumRed said:

Words are cheap, and forgettable.

When you have to back your words with £100m of your own money, they don't sound very cheap to me. 

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh well, if people believe that this season has been 'average' and that SL doesn't interfere in the football side of things, whilst employing his mate good luck. I'm not going to convince you otherwise, in the same way that the only thing that will convince me is a solid season of consistent results.  The only difference is I want to be proved wrong.

TBH Red I've not noticed your posts before so this antagonist attitude you have has grabbed my attention but you seem unable to support your wayward comments with any substance.

40 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

It's the same negative 10 posters over and over again, constant negativity. But no agendas on this forum, mind you!

Sorry LJ doing so well recently has clearly upset you and others so much. No credit for the run, it's obviously that he's fortunate because Frankie made some saves at the start of the game against Wolves! Hahaha unreal. That's why we've won 6 of our last 10, of course. Keepers never make saves in football, you know. Sorry you and others continually opt to focus on the negatives and won't let a bad run of form which we've recovered from go, always just to suit your argument. LJ won 8 of his last 9 games before he was appointed our manager but just 'winning a few games', eh? Nothing like understating the positives whilst over-exaggerating everything negative. Such a rare occurrence on this forum. I'm sure there was some massive conspiracy where SL was waiting for the perfect moment to replace SC with LJ in your deluded world.

Too bloody right he is.

After the PNE humiliation the crowd arrived at AG already angry and ready to turn on LJ en masse if we'd gone behind against Wolves.

LJ owes a huge debt to Fielding for that save from Dicko. If Dicko had scored confidence would have drained from the team again, another embarrassing debacle was likely, and calls for LJ's head from the stands would have been so overpowering even SL would have been forced to act.

That save was an absolutely pivotal moment.

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

"As soon as results have gone badly"? Sean O'Driscoll's run of games without a win suggests he was given plenty of time.

SOD  took over when we were already in a relegation place. The following season, he was sacked after 18 league games, so it depends whether you think 18 games is plenty of time. IMO, it is a sacking "as soon as results went badly".

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Now now, Nick. You know that's not true. SL gave SO'D plenty long enough, and he gave Cotts longer than he wanted to (because LJ was in the thick of 9 defeats in 10 in Oct/Nov 2015 and he had to wait until he came out of that losing run and started winning a few games before he could bring him here, because otherwise people would've struggled to understand wtf Steve was doing, I mean, why Steve was employing a novice getting dog's abuse from his fans, struggling at the foot of the division below, and in the thick of a dreadful losing run, and this forum would've gone into meltdown, with fans smelling a rat/ questioning SL's ability to ever get on top of this recruiting a head coach lark) so it is not accurate to say what you said there.

Jack, I do believe LJ had been on the "radar" for some time.

The irony that at the same time as SC was having a bad run in the Championship, LJ was having an even worse run in League One, yet somehow, without a meaningful achievement to his name, managed to replace SC here, is one of life's, or Steve's, unanswered questions.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Too bloody right he is.

After the PNE humiliation the crowd arrived at AG already angry and ready to turn on LJ en masse if we'd gone behind against Wolves.

LJ owes a huge debt to Fielding for that save from Dicko. If Dicko had scored confidence would have drained from the team again, another embarrassing debacle was likely, and calls for LJ's head from the stands would have been so overpowering even SL would have been forced to act.

That save was an absolutely pivotal moment.

Well yes, that's what a Goalkeeper's job is to do, it should go without saying. He will be as grateful as any manager would be to any keeper after they've made saves in a win. It happens every week. Winning 4-0 vs an in-form Huddersfield was a pivotal moment, beating Wigan away 1-0 in a real relegation 6 pointer was a pivotal moment, beating a Wolves team that had won 5 on the bounce to respond to that Preston defeat was a pivotal moment. Winning 6 of our last ten was... well, you get my point. It's a team effort, they all warrant praise for the response in recent months. Come on, surely you can see you're grasping at anything you possibly can to not give credit to the manager?

Just now, JHAGa said:

Well yes, that's what a Goalkeeper's job is to do, it should go without saying. He will be as grateful as any manager would be to any keeper after they've made saves in a win. It happens every week. Winning 4-0 vs an in-form Huddersfield was a pivotal moment, beating Wigan away 1-0 in a real relegation 6 pointer was a pivotal moment, beating a Wolves team that had won 5 on the bounce to respond to that Preston defeat was a pivotal moment. Winning 6 of our last ten was... well, you get my point. It's a team effort, they all warrant praise for the response in recent months. Come on, surely you can see you're grasping at anything you possibly can to not give credit to the manager?

It's like knocking your head against a brick wall?

Just now, JHAGa said:

Following the humiliating PNE surrender that save was THE pivotal moment as far as LJ is concerned.

To ridicule that as you did above shows little understanding of how the whole of AG was on the point of open revolt before the Wolves game kicked off.

One Wolves goal would have been the catalyst for an outpouring of pent up fury around the ground.

LJ was very fortunate indeed we didn't go behind.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Following the humiliating PNE surrender that save was THE pivotal moment as far as LJ is concerned.

To ridicule that as you did above shows little understanding of how the whole of AG was on the point of open revolt before the Wolves game kicked off.

One Wolves goal would have been the catalyst for an outpouring of pent up fury around the ground.

LJ was very fortunate indeed we didn't go behind.

Nope, there were many pivotal moments as I said. I laughed at the absurdity of you grasping on to something like that in order to avoid giving the manager credit. He was fortunate we didn't go behind, you're right. Like I said, every week when a goalkeeper does his job (or any other player for that matter) football managers across the world/country will feel that same gratitude.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Nope, there were many pivotal moments as I said. I laughed at the absurdity of you grasping on to something like that in order to avoid giving the manager credit. He was fortunate we didn't go behind, you're right. Like I said, every week when a goalkeeper does his job, football managers across the world/country will feel that same gratitude.

OK JHAGa, you're apparently fixated that I'm pointing out the importance of the save 'to avoid giving the manager credit'.

What you seem to be overlooking is the Wolves game wasn't any old game, it was a crucial match when emotions were running particularly high after the disgraceful performance the credit worthy LJ oversaw at Deepdale.

An early Wolves goal would have been the spark for uproar in the stands.

Therefore that early save was vital for LJ and he was very lucky in terms stemming a vitriolic crowd reaction that they didn't go ahead.

If you can't accept the importance of that moment - because you're obsessed that everybody must 'give the manager credit' - then I've wasted enough time, but I'm glad I at least spent a little time attempting to help you to see the obvious.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

OK JHAGa, you're apparently fixated that I'm pointing out the importance of the save 'to avoid giving the manager credit'.

What you seem to be overlooking is the Wolves game wasn't any old game, it was a crucial match when emotions were running particularly high after the disgraceful performance the credit worthy LJ oversaw at Deepdale.

An early Wolves goal would have been the spark for uproar in the stands.

Therefore that early save was vital for LJ and he was very lucky in terms stemming a vitriolic crowd reaction that they didn't go ahead.

If you can't accept the importance of that moment - because you're obsessed that everybody must 'give the manager credit' - then I've wasted enough time, but I'm glad I at least spent a little time attempting to help you to see the obvious.

Not fixated just laughed at the absurdity of it (and now your continuous defence of the comment). Those other games weren't 'any old games' either, they were all of vital importance. We ended the season in brilliant fashion and you seem opposed to acknowledge that. Again, like a previous poster, you're living in some hypothetical world and refuse to give the manager credit but opt to focus on negatives, even when they don't even exist.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

Not fixated just laughed at the absurdity of it (and now your continuous defence of the comment). Those other games weren't 'any old games' either, they were all of vital importance. We ended the season in brilliant fashion and you seem opposed to acknowledge that. Again, like a previous poster, you're living in some hypothetical world and refuse to give the manager credit but opt to focus on negatives, even when they don't even exist.

I think the problem you have is that you appear to see something in LJ that others can't. You might give a bit more credit to the experience of following City that someone like Noggers has...been on this forum more or less since the start, seen a lot and clearly expressed a lot of opinions through good times and bad.  Personally I think that deserves a bit of respect. When I read some of the more established posters and they challenge what I'm thinking I reflect on why they might say what they say...

You and a number of others seem to think LJ possesses talents that I can't see at all. Most of this season he's looked out of his depth, to me. He looks a man to whom things happen, as I said on another thread recently...not someone who makes them happen. We all see things differently, you might pause to ask yourself why I and others can't see what you see. The answer is not "an agenda". LJ seems a nice enough chap.

36 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

To receive credit, you need to be in credit. All he's done for me in recent weeks is make up for some of what went before. That's not what I'd call being in credit. I'm very pleased we've stayed up, but I think we need to see how it goes next season before we start patting each other on the back. Talk of the stadium and crowds is all well and good, but we don't go there to look at that. The league position has barely changed since last season. This must start to improve (and I think LJ has been told this). If this happens, then I'll be happier that we're making progress.

Amazing that the poster who is constantly claiming people have agendas still maintains (Despite a number of posters pointing out the truth)  that SL and LJ both conspired and lied in interviews earlier in the season about the sale of JK , as one of his repeated repeated excuses for this season was that JK was sold from 'under LJs feet' ,  without a scrap of evidence to even begin to substantiate such a claim , all evidence saying otherwise , and that he's the only person ever to have claimed it

No agenda mind.  :laughcont:

17 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think the problem you have is that you appear to see something in LJ that others can't. You might give a bit more credit to the experience of following City that someone like Noggers has...been on this forum more or less since the start, seen a lot and clearly expressed a lot of opinions through good times and bad.  Personally I think that deserves a bit of respect. When I read some of the more established posters and they challenge what I'm thinking I reflect on why they might say what they say...

You and a number of others seem to think LJ possesses talents that I can't see at all. Most of this season he's looked out of his depth, to me. He looks a man to whom things happen, as I said on another thread recently...not someone who makes them happen. We all see things differently, you might pause to ask yourself why I and others can't see what you see. The answer is not "an agenda". LJ seems a nice enough chap.

I'm sorry, regardless of time spent on the forum or how many posts they've made, if someone makes a silly comment I am free to respond to it. No need to be so patronising.

By opting to not focus solely on the negatives, maybe that's how I see more than those others. Although it's important to note that most people will give LJ credit when due and won't use any excuse to not praise him when its due, as Nogbad did. Nothing against Nogbad personally. I'm debating the post, not the poster.

As with you, I and others on the other side, pause and ask myself how people such as yourself can genuinely judge a person by focusing on one bad run of form, when outside of that, LJ has done a good job since joining, and we've gone on to recover from the bad run of form. Overall he has done a respectable job here and if people want to focus on that bad run and ignore everything that happened before and after it because it suits their argument, it's on them. But in choosing to ignore everything else or come up with excuses to suit their argument, I'm free to point out those factors.

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Amazing that the poster who is constantly claiming people have agendas still maintains (Despite a number of posters pointing out the truth)  that SL and LJ both conspired and lied in interviews earlier in the season about the sale of JK , as one of his repeated repeated excuses for this season was that JK was sold from 'under LJs feet' ,  without a scrap of evidence to even begin to substantiate such a claim , all evidence saying otherwise , and that he's the only person ever to have claimed it

No agenda mind.  :laughcont:

To be fair here, this seems to be you guys clinging to your version of what JHAGa said and what you're claiming here, is not it. Even in this thread  he has explained it:

Still bringing up the Kodjia post? Haha, some people really can't let things go, as is the case with you and others with the losing run. I pointed out that LJ would not have wanted to lose Kodjia, as would any Head Coach/Manager, and that it would have been a board and financial choice to let him go. Once again, you and the same old negative posters claimed it was LJ's decision and therefore he bore that responsibility. Yeah, just like Rodgers was at fault for Liverpool selling Suarez, or AVB for Spurs selling Bale,

He's not even claiming that that Johnson didn't have a say! And the only reason to constantly have to maintain it is that certain people like to continually bring it up.

10 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

To be fair here, this seems to be you guys clinging to your version of what JHAGa said and what you're claiming here, is not it. Even in this thread  he has explained it:

He's not even claiming that that Johnson didn't have a say! And the only reason to constantly have to maintain it is that certain people like to continually bring it up.

Still bringing up the Kodjia post? Haha, some people really can't let things go, as is the case with you and others with the losing run. I pointed out that LJ would not have wanted to lose Kodjia, as would any Head Coach/Manager, and that it would have been a board and financial choice to let him go.

Once again, you and the same old negative posters claimed it was LJ's decision and therefore he bore that responsibility. Yeah, just like Rodgers was at fault for Liverpool selling Suarez, or AVB for Spurs selling Bale, eh? Even the top managers struggle in scenarios like that. And they had entire summers to replace them, not two days. We weren't prepared for him leaving and that cost us until we got reinforcements in January. Only then could Lee work with more than a very inexperienced Abraham and a very old (but fantastic servant) Wilbraham as his striking options, which wasn't enough at this level. 

Seems fairly clear to me that he maintains the same claim - and he has claimed LJ and SL lied to media spin on a number of previous occasions -

Still says it was a board choice which is completely false 

why - because it doesn't suit one of his major argumehts

Laughable

Likes a good spin of the truth  or complete lie he does

Archived