IGNORED

SL on talksport at 1215 today....

'Orns

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well that's a bit odd then because you joined this forum in December 2016 and immediately set about writing posts that defended LJ, despite the fact we were in the middle of an appalling run of form.

Since joining the forum you've been posting on a very regular basis (750 posts in 4 months) pretty much exclusively defending LJ at every given opportunity.

So, my questions to you are:

1) Did you have a previous alias on this forum before you signed up in December?

2) If not, why did you decide to sign up to the forum 4 months ago? Are you a long-term reader of the forum?

Now, call me suspicious or whatever but it seems a little odd to me that someone should sign up in December and be posting topics/replies within days, prolifically, defending LJ.

You don't have to answer the questions of course but I am interested as people don't tend to appear out of nowhere and immediately start posting on a daily basis...

Defending the manager of our club? What a crime! When we were in the middle of the bad run, my main argument was that I was tired of us sacking managers every season only to go through the same cycle again and again. Seeing some of the posts on here is probably what made me sign up at the time as I simply wanted to put my argument across. I'm a long time reader and used to post on here regularly but stopped and then forgot the password to my old account. It isn't as if I've ever made out LJ was perfect, I've never thought it was a black and white situation where LJ is perfect or LJ is the worst manager we've had, I've simply pointed out the positives as well as acknowledging the negatives - instead of focusing solely on the negatives like some. I do like Lee and think he can take us forward, although that's easier said now admittedly. But in my defence, as you pointed out, I have been one of his biggest defenders even when times were tough. But even I've felt that maybe it was best for him to go at times, particularly after the Preston collapse as I felt the players may have stopped playing for him that night, so I was delighted to be wrong. I've said numerous times that in this day and age of football, LJ would have warranted the sack but SL opted to remain loyal and that has been repaid in the short-term, and hopefully it will in the long-term too.

I have no complaints about people criticising the bad run we went on, as I've said numerous times, even SL and LJ acknowledged that. It's obvious, football fans are passionate people and that run was unacceptable. But we've since recovered in very impressive fashion and I do not like when people overexaggerate the negatives and refuse to acknowledge the positives, those that make out that the bad run was the entire season and focus on an 8 game losing run but then refuse to give praise for 6 wins out of 10 when in such a high pressure moment. People that claim the season is a disaster when we're in 17th place. I have made a lot of posts (probably too many) but it's because I quite often get into debates with people like yourself who are ardently against the manager and as you know, the forum has been quite active in recent months! It's what a forum is for and it's not personal (well maybe it is with one poster who seems to have it in for me :laugh:), I just like to put my opinions (which I think are more balanced than those that focus purely on the negatives always) across. I think most people on this forum are open-minded and are willing to give LJ a chance and are delighted with our recent form. But it just seems to me that a group of posters on here have made their minds up and won't give any credit as well as being willing to twist even positives into negatives. I get having doubts and being dissatisfied at how events unfolded this season, I've said (again numerous times!) this season hasn't been a success, but nor has it been a disaster as some claim. I just don't get how a few people can stubbornly twist everything into negatives even when things have been looking much better and the losing run is long in the past now.

17 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Haven't read the whole thread so forgive my naivety but what has this got to do with the thread or are you just "point scoring"?

Well, I was busy replying to @NickJ somewhat :whistle: when @jAhag whatsisname got a bit upset and decided to join in, then I got sucked into, well, yes, a bit of yah-boo point scoring. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, is it? (I think I won on points, mind.......)

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well, I was busy replying to @NickJ somewhat :whistle: when @jAhag whatsisname got a bit upset and decided to join in, then I got sucked into, well, yes, a bit of yah-boo point scoring. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, is it? (I think I won on points, mind.......)

Clearly not when once again you ignored my reply and no doubt will write the same nonsense in the future and pretend that I'm 'ignoring you'.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So I assume you aren't even going to bother responding to me answering your questions as it's been five hours? Can't even be dignified enough to reply when I've been willing to do so to your patronising post originally.

You have to laugh, this is probably the only football forum where your integrity can be questioned for backing the manager from a person who was calling for and wanting to instigate boycotts.

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

So I assume you aren't even going to bother responding to me answering your questions as it's been five hours? Can't even be dignified enough to reply when I've been willing to do so to your patronising post originally.

You have to laugh, this is probably the only football forum where your integrity can be questioned for backing the manager from a person who was calling for and wanting to instigate boycotts.

'Kin hell,  sweetheart. I didn't realise there were strict deadlines for posting responses. I didn't respond in a whole FIVE hours and in that time you've managed to shit a brick about it? 

I actually think your initial response is fair enough to be honest. I don't agree with pretty much any of it but then you already know that.

Two quick points: 1) my original post was not patronising 2) I wasn't questioning your integrity as such, I just find it coincidental that you appeared at a time the manager was failing badly at his job to back him up. The Johnson family have history of course in influencing debate on this forum...one never knows...

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

'Kin hell,  sweetheart. I didn't realise there were strict deadlines for posting responses. I didn't respond in a whole FIVE hours and in that time you've managed to shit a brick about it? 

I actually think your initial response is fair enough to be honest. I don't agree with pretty much any of it but then you already know that.

Two quick points: 1) my original post was not patronising 2) I wasn't questioning your integrity as such, I just find it coincidental that you appeared at a time the manager was failing badly at his job to back him up. The Johnson family have history of course in influencing debate on this forum...one never knows...

Meh, you were online in that period. I was a bit annoyed at my integrity being questioned for just looking at the manager in a more balanced perspective and yes, I do find it patronising to be questioned like that. I took time to reply to it regardless and was seemingly ignored. You say yourself you think it could be coincidental and that there's a link to the Johnson family influencing this forum so I'm not amiss in stating that you were questioning my integrity.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I was just a bit peeved that I'd took time to respond and thought you'd just blanked it, because it does happen on here.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Your original criticism was both patronising and insulting. His response was spot on. 

Archived