IGNORED

Scottish football (Merged)

Robbored

Just now, Cowshed said:

Linfield's ground is situated just off Sandy Row. As in you are now entering Loyalist Sandy Row.

It works both ways. Could Celtic guarantee given Celtic supporters history they would behave in a respectful manner? No is the answer. The consequences are not just a normal smack in the mouth ... Not worth it.

Behave in a respectful manner?  What, bow to the bonfires with effigies of catholics on?

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I was there and didn't see any trouble at all?

It was all over the papers. Worse happened in Amsterdam several years back as well. Not point scoring but Celtic have their Idiot element and they are more than likely going to behave worse in a game like this. Good action taken by the piggies IMO!

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

It was all over the papers. Worse happened in Amsterdam several years back as well. Not point scoring but Celtic have their Idiot element and they are more than likely going to behave worse in a game like this. Good action taken by the piggies IMO!

Was it? I missed that then. I was there for two nights and did not see one bit of trouble- what papers do you read? I saw the trouble in Amsterdam- did you see what sparked it off? If you think Celtic have a 'reputation' then you are very, very mistaken. 3

Behave in a respectful manner?  What, bow to the bonfires with effigies of catholics on?

Yes effigies of Catholics and the Tricolor are burned in that area. And much more. 

Would Celtic fans turn a blind eye to one of the most staunch Unionists streets in Belfast? The answer is almost certainly no.

When Polish fans attacked locals the riot police were called in and the consequences were Poles living in Belfast having to be rehoused.

Was it? I missed that then. I was there for two nights and did not see one bit of trouble- what papers do you read? I saw the trouble in Amsterdam- did you see what sparked it off? If you think Celtic have a 'reputation' then you are very, very mistaken. 3

Yes well again it comes down to the accuracy of the source doesn't it. As far as im aware the dutch stole some flags and Celtic started throwing objects. Not sure how accurate it is but thats no reason for the violence shown that night.

Just now, Cowshed said:

Yes effigies of Catholics and the Tricolor are burned in that area. And much more. 

Would Celtic fans turn a blind eye to one of the most staunch Unionists streets in Belfast? The answer is almost certainly no.

When Polish fans attacked locals the riot police were called in and the consequences were Poles living in Belfast having to be rehoused.

If you are seriously suggesting Celtic fans would try and start trouble in and around the Shankill then you are very much mistaken, they would run a real risk of being murdered.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes well again it comes down to the accuracy of the source doesn't it. As far as im aware the dutch stole some flags and Celtic started throwing objects. Not sure how accurate it is but thats no reason for the violence shown that night.

It isn't accurate at all. I can't be bothered to post all the links, but the long and short of it is the club launched official complaints regarding the policing that night and were backed up by plenty of video evidence. I have no idea how old you are, but I am sure there are plenty of City fans on here who were at Walsall who need no reminding what trouble can be caused at games when they are policed by coppers who are 'up for it'

I am still mystified as to the trouble in Manchester you are talking about, especially bearing in mind plenty of Celtic fans(including me) were sat in the home sections, with no hint of trouble at all!

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you are seriously suggesting Celtic fans would try and start trouble in and around the Shankill then you are very much mistaken, they would run a real risk of being murdered.

Windsor Park is just off Sandy Row not the Shankhill ... Wearing a Celtic shirt, a word out of place, a drunken song in either ... Simply is not worth it over a bag of air. 

26 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Out of interest how are the old firm derbies these days? Regular trouble in and out of the two respective grounds?

The games themselves are so well policed you won't see any trouble. In town after is normally fine as well, you won't get in many city centre pubs wityh colours on, and at the first sign of any behaviour likely to cause a problem and the bouncers are straight on it. Away from town they do get problems, but I would be far more wary attending a Bristol derby than a Glasgow one.

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Windsor Park is just off Sandy Row not the Shankhill ... Wearing a Celtic shirt, a word out of place, a drunken song in either ... Simply is not worth it over a bag of air. 

Which is why I posted what I did, there is no way on earth any Celtic fan would be drinking or singing around the Shankill.

41 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Sorry I misread your post, yes I'm aware Windsor Park is not in the Shankill- it's closer to the Falls!

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It isn't accurate at all. I can't be bothered to post all the links, but the long and short of it is the club launched official complaints regarding the policing that night and were backed up by plenty of video evidence. I have no idea how old you are, but I am sure there are plenty of City fans on here who were at Walsall who need no reminding what trouble can be caused at games when they are policed by coppers who are 'up for it'

I am still mystified as to the trouble in Manchester you are talking about, especially bearing in mind plenty of Celtic fans(including me) were sat in the home sections, with no hint of trouble at all!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/06/fan-arrested-throwing-burger-police-horse-amid-ugly-scenes-man/amp/

http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2016/12/07/us-fireworks-set-off-in-a-busy-tram-cartridge-a-burger-thrown-at-a-police-horse-and-ira-chants-as-thousands-of-rowdy-celtic-fans-cause-mayhem-across-manchester/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-fans-who-damaged-pub-9412982.amp

All three articles (and there are many more) tell us the story and tweets from witnesses there as well confirming disruption in the home end.

20 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I'm sorry but I am sat here smiling. It seems a flare was set off (not clever I'll admit, but not right up there with hooligan related incidents), some fans were upset by some bad language (while others praised the away support in the home end.) and someone threw a burger at a police horse! And you seriously think that's even worthy of the newsprint?

My only concern, is that I seem to follow two teams who target police horses! Maybe my terrible day's betting at the Derby was some sort of equine related karma :)

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm sorry but I am sat here smiling. It seems a flare was set off (not clever I'll admit, but not right up there with hooligan related incidents), some fans were upset by some bad language (while others praised the away support in the home end.) and someone threw a burger at a police horse! And you seriously think that's even worthy of the newsprint?

My only concern, is that I seem to follow two teams who target police horses! Maybe my terrible day's betting at the Derby was some sort of equine related karma :)

One of the articles said there 14 arrests for violence ?? 

The burger throw is hilarious though

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

One of the articles said there 14 arrests for violence ?? 

The burger throw is hilarious though

I suppose it depends on what they categorise as violence. I promise you Celtic fans rarely get involved in fisticuffs, it just isn't their thing. I have been attending football matches since 73/74 and have seen a LOT of football violence, some of it pretty scary stuff, but all I saw in Manchester was a lot of pissed up people singing songs and getting along fine. For the record, some of the worst stuff I have seen is at Bristol derbies.

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I suppose it depends on what they categorise as violence. I promise you Celtic fans rarely get involved in fisticuffs, it just isn't their thing. I have been attending football matches since 73/74 and have seen a LOT of football violence, some of it pretty scary stuff, but all I saw in Manchester was a lot of pissed up people singing songs and getting along fine. For the record, some of the worst stuff I have seen is at Bristol derbies.

Fair enough mate just going by what I've seen and heard over the years but have never actually seen it myself so will have to take your word for it.

Interesting you say that about our derbies because I seen a stat today from 2 years ago showing that both our teams have some of the highest banning orders out of the 92, with us being narrowly behind Millwall!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, but they are well into their disgraceful, distasteful and inflammatory banners.....

Im assuming they are both just as bad as each other. Just that Ive seen more to suggest Celtic fans are worse by looking at social media and news articles. One article suggested that a few SPL clubs had complained to the league about the behaviour of celtic fans at their grounds over the last couple of seasons. 

56 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Im assuming they are both just as bad as each other. Just that Ive seen more to suggest Celtic fans are worse by looking at social media and news articles.

When there are two clubs in one city with sectarian differences you'll get problems. 

Its a real shame that religion should come into football in any shape or form.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Full time, how embarrassing!.:rofl2br:

Well they were losing to Alloa only a few years ago, so it's hardly surprising they can't beat the team that finished 4th in the Luxembourg league last season.

Archived