IGNORED

London Tower Block Fire

WhistleHappy

8 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Exactly!

No one's going to aim their vitriol at the Queen or William - this isn't a Royalty issue, it's political. They've been sent as a symbol of comfort and peace in the midst of utter turmoil and destruction.

You send one of the ring-leaders of the course of it into the thick of it and she'll be ripped from limb to limb in a full blown riot!

I personally wish they had sent her as she has no soul anyway.

I can see why they kept Prince Phillip well out of it with his track record in appropriate intercourse with the public.

Dirty old bastard.

54 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Why the apology? Never voted, nor would I ever vote Tory. Theresa May is vile, and if the general election result wasn't going to finish her off, I think this just might. 

Just the Hemel degrading remark dolls

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And our PM shouldn't be seen in the same light ?  Obviously not in her own mind !

How can I put it?  It would be like sending Matty Taylor to comiserate with gas heads after their failed play-off push.  Sensible idea?  

She's a reptilious bitch and the face of the party that oversaw this.   People are angry, we do not need a catalyst for disorder.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Heh, can just imagine. "And other than the fire, did you manage to have a good night's sleep at least?" 

Yeah, I was imagining him making comments along the lines of him not knowing it was November 5th already.

10 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

How can I put it?  It would be like sending Matty Taylor to comiserate with gas heads after their failed play-off push.  Sensible idea?  

She's a reptilious bitch and the face of the party that oversaw this.   People are angry, we do not need a catalyst for disorder.

Agreed. No doubt our Prime Minister (whoever they are) should be seen to visit the people, who they afterall are supposed to represent, in times of joy and crisis and everything else inbetween. It's a major part of the job, or should be. In May's case though by distancing herself during and after the election she has shown how she is regarding the public, and people didnt like the way she conducted herself. Add in this tragedy and people don't like what they see I don't think. She certainly would be targeted for abuse and anger, partially brought on to herself though in fairness.

• Admin
2 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Exactly!

No one's going to aim their vitriol at the Queen or William - this isn't a Royalty issue, 

I can see why they kept Prince Phillip well out of it with his track record in appropriate intercourse with the public.

He retired. It was in the news a few weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

He retired. It was in the news a few weeks ago.

Ah, 'tis true.  I was running with the poster who claimed it was him not William, who was there with the Queen.  

It's a shame he's retired, he added comical value although this casual point is inappropriate for the thread.  

I really, really hope justice prevails.  I hope the people collectively don't settle until it does.

Another car crash interview from Teresa May on newsnight tonight! 

So out of touch, avoiding all the tough questions. Even had the audacity to say they acted on coroners report from 2013 tower block fire which cost 6 lives!! No you didn't ! Liar may . Resign.

24 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Another car crash interview from Teresa May on newsnight tonight! 

So out of touch, avoiding all the tough questions. Even had the audacity to say they acted on coroners report from 2013 tower block fire which cost 6 lives!! No you didn't ! Liar may . Resign.

She needs to **** off now,

just resign you are no prime minister!!!! An actual prime minister would engage the public, 3 of my most hated would of, cam moron thatcher and Blair 

May you are a coward you are not fit to run this country 

**** off you absolute scum

#maymustresign

1 minute ago, Toffee dog said:

Just finished work so haven't read everything , all I can say is very sad feel for theses people, joke response from this government, sadly no surprise. Hate to think about the final death toll, all though that have perished RIP.

Do  yourself a favour and don't read anything, as your blood will boil

Just now, Monkeh said:

Do  yourself a favour and don't read anything, as your blood will boil

Been boiling for some years work in the NHS sadly for me this is no surprise my fear is this is the tip of the iceberg, the NHS is in very scary state,  let alone the hated Tory public sector (police, fire service , ambulance service, NHS & social services ) As I am typing heard a 2 year old is missing! He/she is safe x

Just now, Toffee dog said:

Been boiling for some years work in the NHS sadly for me this is no surprise my fear is this is the tip of the iceberg, the NHS is in very scary state,  let alone the hated Tory public sector (police, fire service , ambulance service, NHS & social services ) As I am typing heard a 2 year old is missing! He/she is safe x

I work for the railway and I feel the same :(

i hope this government collapses and another general election is called 

• Admin

I work for the NHS the railways seemed ****** as well!

No idea about the NHS  - except the social care crisis is buggering it up, it seemed better when nurses did a nursing course, not a degree, but it has remained a government run 'business '

BR was a shambles, the pay was shit, drinking culture was rife, 7 days a week was necessary to earn a decent wage, then a couple of big accidents, privatisation and legislation changes overhauled it.  Now working on the railway means drug and alcohol testing, competency testing, a bloody card for everything you do, but, higher wages and less hours worked, which does improve safety.

Social care has no money we have constant breaches of discharges as you would call ,it so it then has to be reassessed private sector will not take unless setteled( work on a Dementia assessment unit , the violence we are subjected to you would not believe, but that's their illness) This Tory government is giving us a good **** up the add!

10 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

No idea about the NHS  - except the social care crisis is buggering it up, it seemed better when nurses did a nursing course, not a degree, but it has remained a government run 'business '

BR was a shambles, the pay was shit, drinking culture was rife, 7 days a week was necessary to earn a decent wage, then a couple of big accidents, privatisation and legislation changes overhauled it.  Now working on the railway means drug and alcohol testing, competency testing, a bloody card for everything you do, but, higher wages and less hours worked, which does improve safety.

Spot on 

• Admin

Social care has no money we have constant breaches of discharges as you would call ,it so it then has to be reassessed private sector will not take unless setteled( work on a Dementia assessment unit , the violence we are subjected to you would not believe, but that's their illness) This Tory government is giving us a good **** up the add!

I would believe, Mrs Maesknoll worked in Dementia care homes for many year, for the council, until they shut all the homes, now she works for council/NHS joint venture that aims to get people out of hospital back into their homes, some cases it works brilliantly for, some its bloody useless. ( This is a general service, not just Dementia patients).

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

27 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I work for the railway and hope to never go back to the shambles that was BR

so is it better now privatised...or better than when it was government run?? 

• Admin
7 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

so is it better now privatised...or better than when it was government run?? 

Double edged sword question that.  The pay and terms and conditions are generally better, the safety culture is better, the morale is better, there is more investment than would happen if it where nationalised

On the other side, some increased costs to the public, some franchises are much more desirable than others.  

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I would believe, Mrs Maesknoll worked in Dementia care homes for many year, for the council, until they shut all the homes, now she works for council/NHS joint venture that aims to get people out of hospital back into their homes, some cases it works brilliantly for, some its bloody useless. ( This is a general service, not just Dementia patients).

I work in an assessment unit nothing like they get In a care home, would say the average  week is  have been punched, slapped, spat at , kicked, head butted, scratched & bitten(that's broke men skin)  these aware not frail old people. 

2 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

I work in an assessment unit nothing like they get In a care home, would say the average  week is  have been punched, slapped, spat at , kicked, head butted, scratched & bitten(that's broke men skin)  these aware not frail old people. 

on a side note to that the council have announced this week that another 250 jobs are to be lost in social care....shocking really  

Just now, bend it like brian said:

on a side note to that the council have announced this week that another 250 jobs are to be lost in social care....shocking really  

Worked for a local council in the last five years reduced are pay & then sent out equiment that the council wanted to take out of service(Tory council)

Archived