IGNORED

FFP Year End Today

cheshire_red

10 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'm concerned that We're heading for FFP trouble.

Why?

I would like to think that transfer income generated from Kodjia, Bolassie, Adomah, Freeman, Williams, Agard and Ayling, increased match day revenue (not just tickets), increased Stadium revenues etc etc, would go a long way to offsetting increased wages and transfer fees paid.

The annual accounts will give us a good idea how much is going in wages!

In 15/16 we lost more than we were allowed.

I will have to check the exact figures but it means- and I accept we were still building the ground, but it means we were a bit way off.

Average attendances were several thousand lower and obviously less food/drink/merchandise etc sold so our losses should surely come down this year.

To add the figures to my last post.

Allowable losses over 3 years are £39m- that's WITH owner equity, £5m without. So with us that's £13m per year over the 3 year period allowable.

In 15-16, we lost £14.9m. So yeah it's not disastrous but it leaves us a bit less leeway than there might otherwise be.

On 02/07/2017 at 21:48, Davefevs said:

Why?

I would like to think that transfer income generated from Kodjia, Bolassie, Adomah, Freeman, Williams, Agard and Ayling, increased match day revenue (not just tickets), increased Stadium revenues etc etc, would go a long way to offsetting increased wages and transfer fees paid.

The annual accounts will give us a good idea how much is going in wages!

@Davefevs I thought transfer fees paid were not a part of the FFP calculations? 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Allowable losses over 3 years are £39m- that's WITH owner equity, £5m without. So with us that's £13m per year over the 3 year period allowable.

In 15-16, we lost £14.9m. So yeah it's not disastrous but it leaves us a bit less leeway than there might otherwise be.

not really,

16-17 we received a lot in transfer fees, the full effects of the wage reduction finally came to effect and we had corporate facilities for the first time in out history 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

But how much of the £14.9m loss was due to the stadium renovations? These are excluded from FFP calculations. I suspect we were significantly within target which is why Johnson was authorised to spend approaching £15m on incoming players in the 16-17 season. The sales then offset that again so I would hope we are still in a good place.

I suspect the way Johnson didn't discourage bids for star players last week is that we are holding off making our final 2-3 signings to see what price bracket we can make them in. I expect any sale to be fully reinvested.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not all losses are taken into account for FFP though. Fixed assets and youth development costs are two permitted exclusions. 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Yes @Monkeh I think this season will be okay too. However £13m loss permitted, £14.9m loss gives a little less margin for error. I think the losses will certainly be reduced however.

@Ian M Fair point, a greater shakedown of the accounts would be welcome in this area. Headline figure looked a bit alarming, although certainly far better shape than most of our last stint at this level.

@View from the Dolman The piece I read didn't make that clear, however I did a bit of research into that earlier in day and it reckoned (didn't mention fixed asset) but the youth development, community work and similar wasn't estimated to exceed £500k. However that's just an estimate, our figures may well differ!

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

Overall I think we will be okay.

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

@Davefevs I thought transfer fees paid were not a part of the FFP calculations? 

See link below for info, but the rules are different than in L1/L2 where it's based on wages as a percentage of turnover.

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not all losses are taken into account for FFP though. Fixed assets and youth development costs are two permitted exclusions. 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

On 7/2/2017 at 21:54, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly. I would think the likes of Leeds, QPR, Birmingham or Wolves would have much more to be concerned about.

A QPR supporter on 1FF's reckons they still have the £60M EFL fine to sort out as no agreement has been reached. That's an obscene amount of money!

Archived