IGNORED

Cardiff home

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

There's a long history of trouble between City and Cardiff going back decades both at Ninian Park and AG. The old NP was the most hostile and intimidating stadium I've ever been to and I loved it! They hate us because we're the nearest English team to them and the Welsh, like the Scottish hate the English, so....the rivalry is not club v club but national rivalry.

Swindon are the only club I dislike more than Cardiff.

You don't see real trouble at PL clubs from big cities like London, Brum or Manchester or Liverpool these days because the police have managed things to put a lid on it by good sensible policing - unlike the WMP.

If the Cardiff game was a 3pm ko there'd be trouble all over Bristol and A&S police stretched to their limit.

Went ninian park twice. Drew 1 1 . Following season beat them 3 0 . Pissed down. Understand you're argument. But as I said other high category fixtures get played at later times. With bigger attendances. Be interesting to hear from the police lady. That sets us apart 

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

It's not the obvious. Do you honestly believe all derby or fierce rival games kick off early. Of course not . So why should we . Look at games on telly. Separated by a line of stewards.Man city v Man U . Everton v Liverpool. Amongst others . But not Bristol city . Open your eyes. 

The difference is that these clubs don't seem to have some of the morons who appear attracted to the City v Cardiff games. The clubs and police have tried to reduce/remove restrictions but I'm afraid it's a case of the few who appear to like their behaviour being reported all across the media, spoiling  it for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I was chatting to some Cardiff fans on the train last year.they were allowed to drink on the train then they were told to go in the knights templer by the police still being allowed to drink.

Similar happened over there a few seasons back until some bell let off a smoke bomb in the wetherspoons.

The kick off time has been agreed in conjunction with the club.

i appreciate it does not suit everyone, however this fixture over the years does attract people who are attending not just for football from both clubs.

it has massively improved from a full bubble to this fixture which will have no restrictions other than an early kick off, we are moving in the right direction towards this fixture at home becoming a * normal one*.

it is true there were no issues last season, however a police presence both on segregation line and Ashton road was needed to advise some so called fans. 

I am still hopeful with continued good behaviour from the majority of decent fans from both clubs that the fixture in the future can return to as normal as possible.

the change of ko time at least has been notified early which I know caused some issues last season.

we also won't be on overtime unfortunately as they have already cancelled any officers on rest days on this day , so just officers working rest days that will be reallocated to a Monday I expect!!!

28 minutes ago, JulieH said:

i appreciate it does not suit everyone, however this fixture over the years does attract people who are attending not just for football from both clubs.

it has massively improved from a full bubble to this fixture which will have no restrictions other than an early kick off, we are moving in the right direction towards this fixture at home becoming a * normal one*.

it is true there were no issues last season, however a police presence both on segregation line and Ashton road was needed to advise some so called fans. 

I am still hopeful with continued good behaviour from the majority of decent fans from both clubs that the fixture in the future can return to as normal as possible.

the change of ko time at least has been notified early which I know caused some issues last season.

we also won't be on overtime unfortunately as they have already cancelled any officers on rest days on this day , so just officers working rest days that will be reallocated to a Monday I expect!!!

At least a more honest response than the urinating down our back and telling us it was raining last year I suppose.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:02, JulieH said:

Do we still have enough Police officers under Mrs May? 

Was always unlikely for this season IMO.

I think- and correct me if I am wrong- but Cardiff at home hasn't been a 3pm Saturday for us since 2007? Perhaps there was a Bank Holiday game 3pm but generally I don't recall since.

What could really be justified- based on other ''high risk' games across the country could be a 5.30pm. Under the floodlights that could really make for a cracking atmosphere.

After all, if it's good enough for Wolves-Villa or Swansea-Cardiff a couple of years ago and there are more I am sure. I digress though, risk assessment and such these days it will never realistically be 3pm Saturday these kinds of games.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was always unlikely for this season IMO.

I think- and correct me if I am wrong- but Cardiff at home hasn't been a 3pm Saturday for us since 2007? Perhaps there was a Bank Holiday game 3pm but generally I don't recall since.

What could really be justified- based on other ''high risk' games across the country could be a 5.30pm. Under the floodlights that could really make for a cracking atmosphere.

After all, if it's good enough for Wolves-Villa or Swansea-Cardiff a couple of years ago and there are more I am sure. I digress though, risk assessment and such these days it will never realistically be 3pm Saturday these kinds of games.

Not sure if it`s still the case but weren`t both sets of away fans banned completely for these matches?

To take the topic off on a tangent - which is my want and right - I went to Cardiff today for the first time in years.

My missus had Birthday money to spend and I got to say I thought it was a nice city with lots of nice pubs with tables outside and happy to think I will be there with City soon.

Anyway - tried the park and ride - nice, clean and easy.  On the journey back was the cutest young boy - about 2 - so smiley and happy it made me smile.

But that smile turned upside down when I realised that all too soon the poor bugger will be told he is Welsh - nearly ruined the day for me until I remembered I wasn't !!

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:39, Robbored said:

There's a long history of trouble between City and Cardiff going back decades both at Ninian Park and AG. The old NP was the most hostile and intimidating stadium I've ever been to and I loved it! They hate us because we're the nearest English team to them and the Welsh, like the Scottish hate the English, so....the rivalry is not club v club but national rivalry.

Swindon are the only club I dislike more than Cardiff.

You don't see real trouble at PL clubs from big cities like London, Brum or Manchester or Liverpool these days because the police have managed things to put a lid on it by good sensible policing - unlike the WMP.

If the Cardiff game was a 3pm ko there'd be trouble all over Bristol and A&S police stretched to their limit.

Seriously out of date on your football hooliganism.

Archived