IGNORED

Teflon Lee

Top Robin

I recall a strong finish under LJ in his first season. Went into the summer pretty confident that if he continued that good finish through the next season we would have a comfortable mid-table finish. However we went horribly backwards as the season progressed as we all know.

This leaves me with no reason to think another good run to finish last season is a sign that we will be ok this time. Yes the squad MAY be more experienced now and we won't be signing a shed load of new players again. However I don't have any real belief that LJ knows what he is doing or is learning/improving. It all feels a bit chaotic and hit and miss to me. Let's hope I've got him wrong though.

20 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I recall a strong finish under LJ in his first season. Went into the summer pretty confident that if he continued that good finish through the next season we would have a comfortable mid-table finish. However we went horribly backwards as the season progressed as we all know.

This leaves me with no reason to think another good run to finish last season is a sign that we will be ok this time. Yes the squad MAY be more experienced now and we won't be signing a shed load of new players again. However I don't have any real belief that LJ knows what he is doing or is learning/improving. It all feels a bit chaotic and hit and miss to me. Let's hope I've got him wrong though.

Apologies, but I have little belief you know what your talking about. Or that you have any idea at all about how this season will go. But your agenda is plain to all! 

7 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Apologies, but I have little belief you know what your talking about. Or that you have any idea at all about how this season will go. But your agenda is plain to all! 

No-one has agendas just views and opinions on how the season may pan out. It seems to me that, some fans view others who don't share their own views are somehow anti BCFC and not worthy to be classed as fans of a club, despite them spending thousands of pounds watching hundreds of games.

We all want the best for our club but some have different views on how we might get "the best" can we not just accept that?

8 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

I have no 'agenda' but I do have an opinion. It's a free country - we're all entitled to have one don't you know. I've followed city for over forty years and always will. That doesn't mean I will bury my head in the sand and ignore anything that I feel isn't right at AG.

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I have no 'agenda' but I do have an opinion. It's a free country - we're all entitled to have one don't you know. I've followed city for over forty years and always will. That doesn't mean I will bury my head in the sand and ignore anything that I feel isn't right at AG.

Yep, we live in free country and are able to express our views but there are many scenarios where moaning and whinging get you absolutely nowhere and that's the case with LJ. We all know that the main man is 100% behind him and that's all that really matters.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yep, we live in free country and are able to express our views but there are many scenarios where moaning and whinging get you absolutely nowhere and that's the case with LJ. We all know that the main man is 100% behind him and that's all that really matters.

It's not as simplistic as that. If form was awful and theoretically people were so annoyed that the attendance at home games halved - his position would be untenable. 

Not a likely scenario, but ultimately fans do have power.

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

My opinion is some on here do have agendas. You see it time after time, the same people trying to turn what may be a seemingly interesting thread into a LJ out thread. If anyone has been watching football long enough, then you know that you can never predict how a season is going to pan out. I remember in GJ's first season in the CC most predicted a bottom 6 finish. Nobody knows how this season will go. If ever there was a time for excitement and optimism, then it's the close season. A time for real hope that maybe this could be our season. Sometimes the little clubs can turn the tables on the bigger clubs, it's a funny old game!!!!

But there are some that don't share this optimism. And it's not like we've been a hugely successful club over the years. And now thanks to LJ its all gone Pete Tong. 

My opinion, and as someone earlier stated. We all have one! 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not as simplistic as that. If form was awful and theoretically people were so annoyed that the attendance at home games halved - his position would be untenable. 

Not a likely scenario, but ultimately fans do have power.

No it's not likely as last seasons "boycott" threads showed.

It would have to be a huge fan protest to have any effect.

Archived