IGNORED

Wilbraham staying

pride of the west

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I thought Djuric holds the ball up well and holds defenders off well, he is good for the ball over the top, just need someone on the same wave length for the knock down

He does those things well but he doesn't make defenders feel his strength and body as well as Wilbs. You'll often see him with a hand behind him trying to hold defenders off like that but it's not as effective as Wilbs getting his behind into a defender and using his power to back that defender up to receive the ball. Wilbs occupies defenders whereas I think Djuric let's them off a bit by trying to keep them away 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He does those things well but he doesn't make defenders feel his strength and body as well as Wilbs. You'll often see him with a hand behind him trying to hold defenders off like that but it's not as effective as Wilbs getting his behind into a defender and using his power to back that defender up to receive the ball. Wilbs occupies defenders whereas I think Djuric let's them off a bit by trying to keep them away 

Is it hot tonight, or is that the most homoerotic description in OTIB history??

(BigTone excluded).

:sweatingbullets:

tfj

1 minute ago, Mtimmy11 said:

So we get shot of John pemberton who did an excellent job for us and replaced him with a under 23 coach and a guy who's never coached before.I hope he's doing it for mates rates.welcome to the cosy club

Sarcastic.

:redcard:

tfj

When I saw Wilbs play last year, I just saw a player who knew what to do & when to do it with regards a forwards job. He is match savy, he knows when to draw a foul etc. For me it's a no brainer, no fee, popular among the group, great role model & he is happy to join in on the coaching side. Nobody is saying he is first choice or we are going to build a team round him. He is good to have around, ask Tammy. COYR

10 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

This has to stop NOW.

There is a lot of. frankly, unnecessary bad feeling flying around on this thread.

In the absence of moderators (as usual), lets all just ******* calm down and watch this soothing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-vNiRADQuA&spfreload=10

Are we all happy now?

tfj

Your name is very negative...

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Pray we don't see him on the pitch again. If it's mainly coaching responsibilities it's positive. 

Backward step if he gets any minutes this season imo 

Eh? Teddy Sheringham scored a Premier League hatrick at the age of 38 (the oldest ever), he played in the FA Cup Final at the age of 40 and he holds the record for the oldest Premier League goal scorer (40 years and 266 days) - given all that, any reason why Wilbs should be finished at our level?

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? Teddy Sheringham scored a Premier League hatrick at the age of 38 (the oldest ever), he played in the FA Cup Final at the age of 40 and he holds the record for the oldest Premier League goal scorer (40 years and 266 days) - given all that, any reason why Wilbs should be finished at our level?

You've just likened Wilbs to Sheringham. Give your head a wobble 

13 goals in 107 championship appearances and people think he's useful at this level. Absolutely delusional, nothing but sentiment. "Oh but he's a really good guy, he's really good around the dressing room" Get a grip. How many points did that gain us? They're all grown adults. Club talks about progressing and we're playing a 37 year old up top. Laughable

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If eilbx

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

13 goals in 107 championship appearances and people think he's useful at this level. Absolutely delusional, nothing but sentiment. "Oh but he's a really good guy, he's really good around the dressing room" Get a grip. How many points did that gain us? They're all grown adults. Club talks about progressing and we're playing a 37 year old up top. Laughable

This is it in a nut shell he's an OK bloke keep him on

if it was your business would you ?

i wouldn't 

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

There is a similarity with giving Carey new contracts because he was allegedly 'good around the dressing room'.

Mind you there were plenty of fans demanding he be given a coaching job regardless of whether he was qualified or any good.

I just hope this is a professional decision and not a sentimental one. SL was right when he said we should not get so attached to players.

6 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

About four, if you think of it in just goals.

Late winner against Blackburn at home in October, and second goal against Newcastle away in February when we drew 2-2.

Being three points was the difference between relegation, directly helping us get four wasn't nothing, and that says nothing of the times he came on to lead the line and give the likes of Tammy time and space to get us key goals.

While I'm not saying he's going to bang out 20 goals a season next year (or even play much at all in all honesty) his experience and leadership isn't to be sniffed at or dismissed.

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don't know if anyone else saw today but Per Mertesacker signed a new contract at the Arse today. 1 year playing with some coaching  of the youth setup, then full time in the youth set up at the end of the year. Nobody expects him to play much, but he's a useful option for Wenger if needed and is seen as a leader and a positive influence in the dressing room.

Of course, if it's the route Arsenal are taking in a similar situation we should in no way do the same. No siree...

The Arsenal taking a leaf out of our book.

Those librarians will be up in arms ! 

9 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I've no idea if he's a nice chap, I've never met him. But he has the ability to give us momentum when chasing a game as he takes out a couple of defenders at times, additionally over a long hard season plus possible cup games I think he's a good option particularly as back up to Djuric. In his cameos he looks an absolute nightmare to play against.

Archived