IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not trying to show like for like, just showing that Tomlin's return last season was pretty meagre and is replaceable.

Absolutely, half of his 6 league goals were penalties, as well (he missed two more), not exactly what you expect from someone who was rumoured to have cost us £3m.

Paterson scored more non penalties in just 16 starts and got 8 the previous season on loan at Huddersfield, not saying he will be consistent for 46 games but I think he is the future, personally.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think you can be angry about last season but for me that was last season. It's over now and we stayed up. The LJ thing I won't argue anymore either. I'm behind him because he's here and for his flaws and I admit he's got them, I think he's done things right as well. Plus, SL clearly has a large influence on how the team is run. I'm sure LJ would prefer buying championship proven quality but part of the position is gambling on youth. He's improved some of them so I tend to look at those qualities and hope he's gotten better in other aspects and again I think there were signs he matured as a head coach end of last season. I get not all will agree and that is fine but think he should get a bit more support as he's going to be here regardless. 

We had a good start and good finish. Horrible in between. All in all, it was below average over the season. Funnily enough it was small margins. A couple of those blown leads gone we'd have been on 60 points around 13-14th which a lot of people said would be ok. Didn't happen that way I get that but think lessons were learned from top to bottom. Character building if you will. 

I think the quality is clear. Joe Bryan,Flint, and Brownhill have been linked with bigger clubs. Jamie Paterson showed he can be a go to figure. Our other 3 CBs have loads of experience at top divisions and international level. Our new RB seems a good add as well as our striker but I guess time will tell but the pedigree is there. That's the real quality imo. I'll throw Pack in there as I'm a huge fan but get wa marmite. Think who I've mentioned could contribute to any top team in the division. Now It all needs to be put together correctly by LJ. Even I'm not sure it'll happen but I see the potential of the squad. On paper, I think we have top 10 talent on the pitch. It's not a lack of quality. It was a lack of confidence and not being put into position to succeed. Think that was rectified end of season. 

I get a lot of what I say is opinion, so is everyone else. There are serious questions about the upcoming season but I jut choose to be positive about it. We aren't a bottom 3 team talent wise not even close. We should be just fine and o expect 60+ points and hopefully around 12th finish at worst. That's as is. I believe the young players will come back better. I believe we'll get more out of our January signings. I believe LJ learned his flaws and starting improving himself. The club showed maturity letting a talented yet controversial player go to help out in the locker room. The club wants to change how they run and to be honest I've always viewed it a quick rebuild. Some clubs rebuild for years, we were trying to do it in 3 windows. Problems were always going to arise but think they're all being handled correctly. It's summer and I've got 9 months to be miserable if we are poor but for now I like to think we have recruited better and are making good decisions. I want to be positive

@JoeAman08 fair play to you is all I can say. 

But putting Bryan, and Brownhill under quality straight away is an eye roller in my book. Bryan hasn't been linked to any big club recently. He's been poor in this division. The jury is still out on Brownhill, and I'm sure the Swansea rumour was BS. Paterson could be a quality player if playing and performing regularly this season. Fair play to saying Pack, because he would be one of the first players out of this club in my view. 

Reading your last paragraph, I think you're going to be in for one hell of a shock my friend. I'll have the drinks ready in case. ;)

• Admin
1 hour ago, kernored said:

Not sorry to  see him go.  I feel that we are a stronger unit with out him.

Looking forward to the new season with optimism!!

Interesting, I was delighted when we signed him, but couldn't care less about him leaving 

13 minutes ago, iamsober said:

the season hasn't started yet!!! How can you be fed up???????

You underestimate how pessimistic some people can be. Given that most of us thought we were doomed in Jan/Feb, I'm just estatic we're playing Championship football next season.

30 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not trying to show like for like, just showing that Tomlin's return last season was pretty meagre and is replaceable.

Either scoring or assisting 11 out of 60 goals isn't tiny either. 18.33 percent or thereabouts. 

Stats aside, a reason I am a bit disappointed is he looked in great shapein recent pics on here. Unlike last year necessarily.

A fit Tomlin, say even in a 4-2-3-1 Tomlin, Paterson, Taylor all interchanging and roaming behind Diedhiou, could have been a delight.

Could have been great to watch.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Either scoring or assisting 11 out of 60 goals isn't tiny either. 18.33 percent or thereabouts. 

Stats aside, a reason I am a bit disappointed is he looked in great shapein recent pics on here. Unlike last year necessarily.

A fit Tomlin, say even in a 4-2-3-1 Tomlin, Paterson, Taylor all interchanging and roaming behind Djehidou (not spelt right I am sure), the new striker anyway could have been a delight.

He was fit because he wanted some other club to give him a 3 year contract!!

18 minutes ago, joeyb said:

Did this actually happen? Really lowers my opinion of the guy if it did.

It did. Source was someone sat 1 row behind the bench. 

"Lose you runner again I'll sub you off"

"sub me off and I'll knock you the **** out"

or something very close to that. 

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Told the same from within the squad - Players and staff were gobsmacked

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Told the same from within the squad - Players and staff were gobsmacked

Well I'm glad he's gone . Shocking behaviour. Glad he's someone else's problem now 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A fit Tomlin, say even in a 4-2-3-1 Tomlin, Paterson, Taylor all interchanging and roaming behind Djehidou (not spelt right I am sure), the new striker anyway could have been a delight.

Well i'm no expert in looking at photos of men and deciding who is great shape, but all joking aside why couldn't he be arsed to be in the same shape last season?, don't you think that is unprofessional?.

You need to look at the wider problems that Tomlin brings, as I said in another post how far are you prepared to go?, transfer any of the squad who don't like him, because there seems to be at least a few of those and whatever LJ or Tomlin publicly state do you honestly believe that they had a good working relationship.

As for the highlighted portion I am sat here looking at tomorrows euro lottery ticket and thinking to myself that could be a delight in 24 hours time or it could be the same old shit as last year.

Here is what might happen, Cardiff might have a team that Tomlin might be able to fit right into and hit the ground running and just like with us when he was on loan the fans will lap it up, as soon as their bad run arrives the fans will see the real Tomlin and Warnock will have to revert back to his normal football strategy and have 11 drones on the pitch to grind out results, with that in mind from what I have seen Tomlin will fit right in with Warnock's philosophy of some you win, some you come first in, I predict a lot of falling over, a marriage made in heaven as far as I can see.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sorry Tone but the incident in question has been discussed at great length on and off on here ever since it allegedly happened.

don't recall it TBH. But regardless of that why did LJ come out a very short time ago and say Tomlin was still very much in his plans. Frankly I no longer believe a word he says and don't blame the players if they are getting frustrated by him.

Archived