IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Tomlin is/was a **** (as a team player; as an individual, he's pretty cute, raking it in for minimum effort and return). That much seems clear. But Lee Johnson was a fool for bringing him in, believing his own delusion that he had the "emotional intelligence" to handle him. Yes, I am employing hindsight here. Johnson is employed and paid handsomely to use foresight. This - in part - nearly wrecked our season, and Johnson's immediate future. But we got away with it, we survived.

I bet Johnson - and Ashton - are breathing a big sigh of relief. Phew! Thank god he's gone, etc.

We are better off with eleven "good eggs" pulling together (certainly, with this coach), that is the lesson from last season.

Very fair comment 

Our own version of 'Messi' has departed, for good or for bad. 

Now is the time to get real, abandon the fancy-dan style and try and out compete -mentally and physically - the tough guys in The Championship. 

I hope, in a way, this may turn out to be a Alan Hansonism but my belief is that we ain't going to get anywhere with a team of inconsistent lightweights, aside from League 1. 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tomlin will be starting this season with a new club for the fifth consecutive season

Says a lot about him

:yawn:

You are spot on, disruptive influence without doubt.

Good footballer when it suits him, not a team player unless the team want to play his way and for him.

Why would all these managers be happy to see the back of him?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Joe, with respect the price means nothing until he cuts the mustard in the Championship. He might be £5m worth of horse manure at this level. Again he might be the best value ever. Some on here have suggested that Joe Bryan is worth £7m which is ludicrous and most on here would agree.

Quite right, I think people are alienated by the fact we spent £5mil guarantees we have a striker who will score over 20 goals this coming season. I already feel sorry for Famara Diedhiou, if he doesn't score goals I can see the clueless making him the scapegoat. 

This squad is weaker than last seasons, and that is really saying something. People can bang on about we have plenty of time yet etc. Well, the season starts in a couple of weeks. Now you could counteract that statement by saying the window doesn't shut until end of August. And? the season starts beginning of August, every point counts in this division. 

Sorry to say, I am going to be blunt here but I honestly believe we are going down without a whimper. If we do not sign quality players this window, then the entire club really have ####ed up as normal. If we do go down, Johnson HAS to go, and Lansdown and his puppets can follow him.

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

This squad is weaker than last seasons, and that is really saying something. People can bang on about we have plenty of time yet etc. Well, the season starts in a couple of weeks. Now you could counteract that statement by saying the window doesn't shut until end of August. And? the season starts beginning of August, every point counts in this division. 

Exactly

All this "Warnock got the best out of Taarabt"... wasn't exactly a bed of roses now...

During the 6–0 loss away to Fulham on 2 October he was substituted at half time, which apparently led to an argument with manager Neil Warnock.[24] This attitude provoked criticism from his teammates, with Joey Barton being particularly vocal.[25] Taraabt was again substituted at half-time for a poor showing in the 3–1 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur and was subsequently left out of the side for the games against Manchester City and Stoke City. During this period continued speculation linked him with PSG, and Warnock even admitted he would gladly accept an offer for Taraabt if the right offer came along.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

All this "Warnock got the best out of Taarabt"... wasn't exactly a bed of roses now...

During the 6–0 loss away to Fulham on 2 October he was substituted at half time, which apparently led to an argument with manager Neil Warnock.[24] This attitude provoked criticism from his teammates, with Joey Barton being particularly vocal.[25] Taraabt was again substituted at half-time for a poor showing in the 3–1 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur and was subsequently left out of the side for the games against Manchester City and Stoke City. During this period continued speculation linked him with PSG, and Warnock even admitted he would gladly accept an offer for Taraabt if the right offer came along.[

All of that in the prem. He got the best out of Taarabt who got them there which is what I think people mean. Taarabt got found out at a higher level. I think people are talking about our current level.

11 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Good point. Warnock also brought Sol Bamba in who had a reputation as a difficult/lazy player and he was outstanding for us last season.

I guess LT wouldn't be joining us on the back of a great season, but an exciting signing none the less and just the sort of creative player we've been missing over the last couple of seasons with Whitts on the decline and now gone.

I fancy Warnock to get him playing well. LT is just the kind of character that Warnock can get going IMO. 

Why do clubs transfer players for "an undisclosed sum"? The cost has to be revealed to the Inland Revenue, the club's Auditor and all transfer fees paid out and received must be shown on the annual budget sheet. I can only assume the amount is revealed at the time in case the fans of the selling or buying club decide "we wuz robbed with that price".

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Therein lies the problem. He might decide to show LJ that he made a mistake in getting rid of him and, if it happens to be one of his good days, a lot of his tricks will work. If this happens he might start showboating and then anything can happen, including a massive post match thread on the forum.

Noooooo , anything but a massive post match thread on the forum .

Won't somebody think of the children ? 

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tomlin will be starting this season with a new club for the fifth consecutive season

Says a lot about him

:yawn:

I wonder if we will start the first five consecutive games with the same team

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Joe, with respect the price means nothing until he cuts the mustard in the Championship. He might be £5m worth of horse manure at this level. Again he might be the best value ever. Some on here have suggested that Joe Bryan is worth £7m which is ludicrous and most on here would agree.

The point wasn't about how he'll adapt. It's a risk no doubt but shows the club are trying to be as ambitious as many on here but many still focusing on the negatives. Club got it wrong with Tomlin and it's the right call to sell him. The club is trying to be a force in the championship but many aren't giving them the chance. All the other things are in the past. Wish more would look forward with the positives is all. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why so?

My final thought on Tomlin is this: we never should have signed him in the first place (as I said at the time) and therefore this goes down as a mistake on the heads of SL/LJ/MA

Glad he's gone though and I think we've done well to recoup the money we paid for him.

Maybe so. But don't forget it should also go down as a mistake on the heads of the vast majority of fans on here.

If we had not have signed him following his loan spell, SL/LJ/MA.would have had even more grief.

Just now, Bicester Red said:

Why the hell do we not know how much he went for!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

My guess is it was for a lot less than we paid hence the reason it is "undisclosed".  If we had made a profit our Head Coach would be shouting it from the roof tops.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Only a short while ago our Head Coach told us that he planned to build a team around Tomlin. Now we realise that we have just been subjected to even more bullshit and the season hasn't even started yet. My piss is at boiling point.

apparently we were going to build a team round tomlin, but the FA said we couldn't play with 16 players!

15 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Quite right, I think people are alienated by the fact we spent £5mil guarantees we have a striker who will score over 20 goals this coming season. I already feel sorry for Famara Diedhiou, if he doesn't score goals I can see the clueless making him the scapegoat. 

Sorry to say, I am going to be blunt here but I honestly believe we are going down without a whimper. If we do not sign quality players this window, then the entire club really have ####ed up as normal. If we do go down, Johnson HAS to go, and Lansdown and his puppets can follow him.

We have the quality here. It was proven end of last season. A few more acquisitions would be great and I expect a few more. We hit form to finish the season and that core is still here. Tammy was never coming back so can't berate the club for that. We've improved on Little on paper which is all you can ever do. The young players and January players all got some championship experience and can be fit in even better over the summer. Lots to be optimistic about. The 5m shows the club are serious about becoming competitive. It's not about how he adapts. The club is doing its best to bring a higher calibre player to the club. They are showing the ambition and people are still moaning. That's my biggest problem. I get many don't have an affinity for LJ which is fair enough but he's here. Might as well get behind him and the lads. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The point wasn't about how he'll adapt. It's a risk no doubt but shows the club are trying to be as ambitious as many on here but many still focusing on the negatives. Club got it wrong with Tomlin and it's the right call to sell him. The club is trying to be a force in the championship but many aren't giving them the chance. All the other things are in the past. Wish more would look forward with the positives is all. 

I see your point but honestly I just can't see too many positives today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Today we are weaker than last year IMO.  I hope there are some signings on the horizon but something tells me that at this late stage most of the quality available has already been snapped up.

I'm sad it didn't work out. I had high hopes after his displays when he was on loan and he's an asset when on form. Unfortunately this didn't happen enough last season and he was at times a liability. Surprised Warwick has signed him - he doesn't strike me as a Warnock-type player.

Can't be arsed to go through all of this, but for me - we've lost our most talented player, not our best player

And we got (possibly) £2.9m

And he was bang average last season

And we were better off without him at the end of last season

No biggie

Super Bob to the Baggies this is not

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have the quality here. It was proven end of last season. A few more acquisitions would be great and I expect a few more. We hit form to finish the season and that core is still here. Tammy was never coming back so can't berate the club for that. We've improved on Little on paper which is all you can ever do. The young players and January players all got some championship experience and can be fit in even better over the summer. Lots to be optimistic about. The 5m shows the club are serious about becoming competitive. It's not about how he adapts. The club is doing its best to bring a higher calibre player to the club. They are showing the ambition and people are still moaning. That's my biggest problem. I get many don't have an affinity for LJ which is fair enough but he's here. Might as well get behind him and the lads. 

As I've said before. People expect to much. Not a dig . Tomlin never worked out . We move on . Hopefully with players coming in . If you got a bad apple in your club who takes up so much time and attention. If you're man united it's not a problem. If you're Bristol City it's a huge problem. We don't know all that went on . But on last seasons performances were better off without him

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have the quality here - Who in your opinion? I am struggling to think of players who are quality. Interested to see how this forward turns out. I do like Đurić however.

It was proven end of last season. - And what about the other 30 odd games? League position did not lie

A few more acquisitions would be great and I expect a few more. We hit form to finish the season and that core is still here. - As do I, last season is last season, no guarantee that form will carry over.

They are showing the ambition and people are still moaning. That's my biggest problem. I get many don't have an affinity for LJ which is fair enough but he's here. Might as well get behind him and the lads. - What ambition? LJ is still here, we haven't signed enough quality to move away from the bottom. I am also tired of this shit "get behind the lads" too many fans at this club put on a happy face, anywhere else, knives would be drawn. We are too nice of a club.

Respect your opinion Joe. However, I'm obviously more fed up than you are.

He will be getting boos next season from me, what a complete letdown. Will always appreciate the Fulham free kick but too many games that he just didn't give a shit, and to top it off has signed for that vile plastic club over the water. Bye lee, hope your ego fits through the door on the way out.

Archived