IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The amount of bollocks being spotted in this thread is unreal. The people that aren't angry LT is gone also saying we're relegation candidates. Him leaving is addition by subtraction. 1 less mouth to feed, 1 less problem behind doors, and 1 less big earner contributing nothing. The club moved forward today but much of the fan base haven't taken the step with them. I don't know how some of you can be so spoiled and expectant. Bought a 5m pound player yet moan we got our money back on an impact sub :grr:

5 million pound player, blimey I knew he was a bit overweight but jesus Christ!!

No big surprises despite the BS.

When LT was on form, he was a joy to watch.
Other times, it was infuriating to watch him.
I just didn't see any consistency last season e.g. the penalty kick.
Obviously, it was LJ's fault.

Let's see which LT turns up for Tan's plaything next season.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Can't wait for the day he's seen chucking the shirt at Warnock.

£2 million plus + the removal of a 28 year old sulking child from the camp. Good news week!

Couldn't have put it better. For all that people think he brought, he was a real pain and simply not worth it. This isn't a situation like Suarez where ability buys leniency: he weren't good enough to justify his attitude and application. I'm glad we didn't suffer him. 

45 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Can't be arsed to go through all of this, but for me - we've lost our most talented player, not our best player

And we got (possibly) £2.9m

And he was bang average last season

And we were better off without him at the end of last season

No biggie

Super Bob to the Baggies this is not

Sponge Bob Squarepants to the Bluebirds more like.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Warnock will get the best out of him. Good signing for them.

Tomlin has to let him get the best out of him. Since threatening to realise his potential Tomlin hasn't let anyone manage him. Don't see that there will be any change. 

Cardiff is a bit of black hole for a forward. They've had some successes of course, but how many do they take that end up league one before long. I predict in 24m that's where Lee Tomlin will be. 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

My guess is it was for a lot less than we paid hence the reason it is "undisclosed".  If we had made a profit our Head Coach would be shouting it from the roof tops.

BBC say it could reach £2,9m another way of saying we got screwed....but we have got something back and he is off the payroll, and off the bench...for good, could be worse.

Short term thinking from Cardiff. Yes, he'll dazzle the fans early on, but how long before half his team, half his fans and all of his manager get fed up with his belligerence?

Might start great, won't end well...

Talk of what good shape Tomlin was in madee dare to hope he was going to really play to his potential. So have to admit to dissapointment that it never worked. Can't understand all this talk of what a great position we are in with the squad we have. Really hope Johnson/Ashton  has got  some decent  players lined up to come in. 

At his talismanic best he was a joy to watch, one of the best we've had.

Sadly, those performances were too far between and probably never reached the heights of his loan spell once last season.

Nice to have a player like that in the squad but he was never consistent enough to build the team around.

If the fee is correct, it's a very good deal for us.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tomlin will be starting this season with a new club for the fifth consecutive season

Says a lot about him

:yawn:

Indeed. Some players like football, some seem to play the system like Monopoly - pass Go and Collect £200 as often as possible.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

We have the quality here - Who in your opinion? I am struggling to think of players who are quality. Interested to see how this forward turns out. I do like Đurić however.

It was proven end of last season. - And what about the other 30 odd games? League position did not lie

A few more acquisitions would be great and I expect a few more. We hit form to finish the season and that core is still here. - As do I, last season is last season, no guarantee that form will carry over.

They are showing the ambition and people are still moaning. That's my biggest problem. I get many don't have an affinity for LJ which is fair enough but he's here. Might as well get behind him and the lads. - What ambition? LJ is still here, we haven't signed enough quality to move away from the bottom. I am also tired of this shit "get behind the lads" too many fans at this club put on a happy face, anywhere else, knives would be drawn. We are too nice of a club.

Respect your opinion Joe. However, I'm obviously more fed up than you are.

I think you can be angry about last season but for me that was last season. It's over now and we stayed up. The LJ thing I won't argue anymore either. I'm behind him because he's here and for his flaws and I admit he's got them, I think he's done things right as well. Plus, SL clearly has a large influence on how the team is run. I'm sure LJ would prefer buying championship proven quality but part of the position is gambling on youth. He's improved some of them so I tend to look at those qualities and hope he's gotten better in other aspects and again I think there were signs he matured as a head coach end of last season. I get not all will agree and that is fine but think he should get a bit more support as he's going to be here regardless. 

We had a good start and good finish. Horrible in between. All in all, it was below average over the season. Funnily enough it was small margins. A couple of those blown leads gone we'd have been on 60 points around 13-14th which a lot of people said would be ok. Didn't happen that way I get that but think lessons were learned from top to bottom. Character building if you will. 

I think the quality is clear. Joe Bryan,Flint, and Brownhill have been linked with bigger clubs. Jamie Paterson showed he can be a go to figure. Our other 3 CBs have loads of experience at top divisions and international level. Our new RB seems a good add as well as our striker but I guess time will tell but the pedigree is there. That's the real quality imo. I'll throw Pack in there as I'm a huge fan but get wa marmite. Think who I've mentioned could contribute to any top team in the division. Now It all needs to be put together correctly by LJ. Even I'm not sure it'll happen but I see the potential of the squad. On paper, I think we have top 10 talent on the pitch. It's not a lack of quality. It was a lack of confidence and not being put into position to succeed. Think that was rectified end of season. 

I get a lot of what I say is opinion, so is everyone else. There are serious questions about the upcoming season but I jut choose to be positive about it. We aren't a bottom 3 team talent wise not even close. We should be just fine and o expect 60+ points and hopefully around 12th finish at worst. That's as is. I believe the young players will come back better. I believe we'll get more out of our January signings. I believe LJ learned his flaws and starting improving himself. The club showed maturity letting a talented yet controversial player go to help out in the locker room. The club wants to change how they run and to be honest I've always viewed it a quick rebuild. Some clubs rebuild for years, we were trying to do it in 3 windows. Problems were always going to arise but think they're all being handled correctly. It's summer and I've got 9 months to be miserable if we are poor but for now I like to think we have recruited better and are making good decisions. I want to be positive

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Is it just me that thinks if Flint is still here Tomlin may know he's been in a game after playing us?

not itk just a feeling.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see our lot winding him up to get him a red.

Was just thinking the same whilst driving home and hearing the news that LT had gone across the river to the Taffs.

Needs a crunching tackle in the first 5mins, either Flinty or Marlon.

Disappointed he's gone, undoubted talent but seems to be on his terms, not for the team. Doesn't strike me as the calibre of player that Warnock likes. Interesting. If he (Warnock) gets the best out of him then you'll have to question LJ's man-management of him. But for now, thanks Lee for the odd memory and class goals (2 i think...). 

#bluebirdscum

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Quite right, I think people are alienated by the fact we spent £5mil guarantees we have a striker who will score over 20 goals this coming season. I already feel sorry for Famara Diedhiou, if he doesn't score goals I can see the clueless making him the scapegoat. 

This squad is weaker than last seasons, and that is really saying something. People can bang on about we have plenty of time yet etc. Well, the season starts in a couple of weeks. Now you could counteract that statement by saying the window doesn't shut until end of August. And? the season starts beginning of August, every point counts in this division. 

Sorry to say, I am going to be blunt here but I honestly believe we are going down without a whimper. If we do not sign quality players this window, then the entire club really have ####ed up as normal. If we do go down, Johnson HAS to go, and Lansdown and his puppets can follow him.

You must be forgetting the newbies will need time to gel and there`s always the xmas window to "fine tune things"

The 2 signings have no exp in this div, another of our international strikers seems to be a sicknote with hardly any champ exp and another well.... has he even left Sweden yet? that leaves another newbie and ex gashead who cant seem to even find the barn door let alone hit it............I see problems ahead and a rerun of last season if we get lucky......very lucky.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Is it just me that thinks if Flint is still here Tomlin may know he's been in a game after playing us?

not itk just a feeling.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see our lot winding him up to get him a red.

He'll "have a knock" in the week building up to our home game. No way Warnock risks him in derby heat with all this going on behind the scenes.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How many assists did Wilbs provide? That was the great thing about Tomlin- goals AND assists, when he was on it. Not knocking Wilbs but an assist is basically as good as a goal. Wilbs will be 38 in October incidentally so will surely have to be used VERY sparingly.

Tomlin FTR- 6 goals 5 assists, Wilbs 4 and 1. We've lost some creativity here.

Not trying to show like for like, just showing that Tomlin's return last season was pretty meagre and is replaceable.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

We have the quality here - Who in your opinion? I am struggling to think of players who are quality. Interested to see how this forward turns out. I do like Đurić however.

It was proven end of last season. - And what about the other 30 odd games? League position did not lie

A few more acquisitions would be great and I expect a few more. We hit form to finish the season and that core is still here. - As do I, last season is last season, no guarantee that form will carry over.

They are showing the ambition and people are still moaning. That's my biggest problem. I get many don't have an affinity for LJ which is fair enough but he's here. Might as well get behind him and the lads. - What ambition? LJ is still here, we haven't signed enough quality to move away from the bottom. I am also tired of this shit "get behind the lads" too many fans at this club put on a happy face, anywhere else, knives would be drawn. We are too nice of a club.

Respect your opinion Joe. However, I'm obviously more fed up than you are.

the season hasn't started yet!!! How can you be fed up???????

Archived