IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

25 minutes ago, iamsober said:

I didn't think we would go down and had a side bet with 3 people that we wouldn't! Next season I would like to think we would be in the top 6 but realistically I think we will be  between 10th and  14th

Certain bottom six probable bottom 3

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

don't recall it TBH. But regardless of that why did LJ come out a very short time ago and say Tomlin was still very much in his plans. Frankly I no longer believe a word he says and don't blame the players if they are getting frustrated by him.

Because if you say you don't want a player you lose all angles to negotiate 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah, every time a topic like `Has LJ lost the dressing room` or something like that got started it was inevitably mentioned.

Still don't recall but probably having a grey moment

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah, every time a topic like `Has LJ lost the dressing room` or something like that got started it was inevitably mentioned.

LJ is lost without his dad and SL to help him out, even then he goes around in circles.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sorry Tone but the incident in question has been discussed at great length on and off on here ever since it allegedly happened.

And repeatedly called as 'bullshit' by the LJ brigade

Now blaming Tomlin for everything to excuse LJ

My take -  a bad mix , a problem player / personality who can quickly turn and make the dressing room sour , and one we are well rid of in the long term

I give LJ a virtual out with LT , but is IMHO a coach who seems to have a habit of upsetting players far less combustible than Tomlin (So was always going to end in tears) and that causes me real concern

As for the alleged Huddersfield incident %99 of the working population would have been sacked on the spot but ultimately Mr Ego has a £2-3 million pound value so sacking never happens

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Either scoring or assisting 11 out of 60 goals isn't tiny either. 18.33 percent or thereabouts. 

Stats aside, a reason I am a bit disappointed is he looked in great shapein recent pics on here. Unlike last year necessarily.

A fit Tomlin, say even in a 4-2-3-1 Tomlin, Paterson, Taylor all interchanging and roaming behind Diedhiou, could have been a delight.

Could have been great to watch.

Would have been i agree. Without tammy and tomlin ..... this team is boring af. 

Lots of chat about him not fitting into our "style" but what actually is our style? Are we a long ball team?, counter attacking? direct high press? Defensive? I dont have a clue....

Imo we lack creativty, if our new frenchman doesnt deliver 20+ we are in massive shit. 

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

don't recall it TBH. But regardless of that why did LJ come out a very short time ago and say Tomlin was still very much in his plans. Frankly I no longer believe a word he says and don't blame the players if they are getting frustrated by him.

He says a lot of things that are nonsense Tone

Like you it's the bullshit and cringeworthy smoke screens that really p me off

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

He's a very level headed chap because the shit runs evenly out of both sides of his mouth.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well i'm no expert in looking at photos of men and deciding who is great shape, but all joking aside why couldn't he be arsed to be in the same shape last season?, don't you think that is unprofessional?.

You need to look at the wider problems that Tomlin brings, as I said in another post how far are you prepared to go?, transfer any of the squad who don't like him, because there seems to be at least a few of those and whatever LJ or Tomlin publicly state do you honestly believe that they had a good working relationship.

As for the highlighted portion I am sat here looking at tomorrows euro lottery ticket and thinking to myself that could be a delight in 24 hours time or it could be the same old shit as last year.

Here is what might happen, Cardiff might have a team that Tomlin might be able to fit right into and hit the ground running and just like with us when he was on loan the fans will lap it up, as soon as their bad run arrives the fans will see the real Tomlin and Warnock will have to revert back to his normal football strategy and have 11 drones on the pitch to grind out results, with that in mind from what I have seen Tomlin will fit right in with Warnock's philosophy of some you win, some you come first in, I predict a lot of falling over, a marriage made in heaven as far as I can see.

Perhaps there were personal problems in his life, I don't know. I agree he should have kept fit and in condition but if he had personal issues things can slip as with anyone.

Yeah, he does seem like a challenging character I won't deny. I saw a tweet by Stockhausen which intimated Tomlin wouldn't be missed which you just jogged my memory on 

I think that formation that setup would have had potential, good technical fluid football.

The 3 behind would all have been quite skilful, versatile players. Of course game isn't played on paper but it could have been good to find out.

I think Warnock, his strategies are a bit more varied than he gets credit for. Yes he can grind it with the best but also his Sheff Utd side was not too bad.

His QPR side in 10-11 won this League well- with a Tomlinesque player in Taarabt who he got loads out of. He could get a lot out of Tomlin. His teams like to dive as well I will agree there.

Personally I'm still undecided as to whether it's a positive or not this sale.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Having said that plenty fell for the 'Everything's good between me and the gaffer'

staged 'interview' with Mr Ego

So no wonder they continue to trawl out bull and smoke , I guess

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Lots of chat about him not fitting into our "style" but what actually is our style? Are we a long ball team?, counter attacking? direct high press? Defensive? I dont have a clue....

Imo we lack creativty, if our new frenchman doesnt deliver 20+ we are in massive shit. 

Maybe our Engvall had words with "the management" as well thus he is cast aside;

I think the French guy will be ok though so long as LJ dosent speak French, 20+ cant see that, have you seen the teams we have to play?

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Having said that plenty fell for the 'Everything's good between me and the gaffer'

I think a lot of that was because we wanted it to be true. We wanted to see the `good` LT and hoped the air had been cleared.

In hindsight though, it was all bollocks.

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Strange how it only comes to light today

A bit disingenuous there Tone , as I am certain a remember reading on her about Tomlin's "confrontation" with LJ at the time, i.e. immediately after the game in which it happened

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I think a lot of that was because we wanted it to be true. We wanted to see the `good` LT and hoped the air had been cleared.

In hindsight though, it was all bollocks.

It was mainly the 'You can't criticise LJ brigade' as they saw any unrest as a potential black mark against LJ in time of stories of dressing room unrest 

Ironically it's one that I'd back LJ on %100 albeit it appears to have been a general unrest that came to a head

That incident and a lot of problems IMHO , come down to one thing

Respect (Or lack of)

(How many of our players respect our Head Coach ?)

Have no time for Tomlin but I'd have a little bet he won't threaten to knock Warnock head off

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

A bit disingenuous there Tone , as I am certain a remember reading on her about Tomlin's "confrontation" with LJ at the time, i.e. immediately after the game in which it happened

I don't recall it but not saying it didn't happen.  I may have even posted on it !!

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The dream ticket of course would have been Tomlin behind Kodjia and Tammy. With scope to drop and pull wide- a trio.

I think we have potential creativity in a different setup but a hole has been left for sure.

9 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Certain bottom six probable bottom 3

Have you got your money on that already?

Seems to me a good piece of business, Tomlin was unlikely to be a starter this season. Johnson wants a side full of energy, closing down in the oppositions half and regaining the ball as quick as possible.

We ended with a young side last season witch will improve for last years experience.

And you must believe (with your prediction) that no more young hungry players are set to arrive before the season starts?

I loose the will to live with the doom and gloom from some on here. 2 or 3 good young players and well look a side.

Not been a Johnson fan and if things go tits up early then the man's on thin ice. But I'm for one looking forward to a side trying to play good football and playing for each other, and quite frankly Tomlin plays for Tomlin.

Just now, BigTone said:

I don't recall it but not saying it didn't happen.  I may have even posted on it !!

If it happened the way described, then in hindsight LJ should have got Tomlin shipped out in the January window. Once a player talks to his boss that way in public I can't see there being anyway back. 

However, given the state we were i at the time I can also understand that LJ would have been between a rock and a hard place. It was clear that he was trying to accommodate Tomlin, and he probably realised the huge backlash there would have been had Tomlin been sold or sent out on loan at that time, and the even bigger backlash if we were then relegated. 

It's classic  situation in that whatever LJ did it would have been the wrong decision.

Ive long had the feeling that Tomlin is a divisive player. Mercurial on the pitch when he chooses and when things are going his way, but confrontational and disruptive behind the scenes and in the dressing room. It is noticeable that Taylor ( a player with a fraction of Tomlin's natural talent) had a much more positive impact on the team and results in the latter part of the season than Tomlin. In fact, we were a better team with Taylor and without Tomlin.

Of course Tomlin will set the world on fire at Cardiff, because thems the rules, but Ive a sneaky feeling that our team will be better for Tomlin being in Cardiff.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He then went on to have his best game of the season on TV to Huddersfield, no cameras at the next game so returned to be being crap and dropped again ....There's a surprise

I never expected today to happen, but only because I never thought we would get the money for him. When we bought him, I was over the moon, because Tomlin on loan was a different player. I remember asking my bournemouth supporting mate how they could let him go; a season on, I know. Yes he gave us magic, but I believe a large part of our slide last season was due to LJ trying to fit LT into a team. When LT played in the centre, our solitary wide players were isolated, and when LJ reverted to a 442 and played LT on the left, LT did next to nothing defensively. How much momentum did our team lose from teams taking advantage of our flanks and how much did our team improve when cots/brownhill helped protect the right full back and o’dowda/patterson protect our left full back. Our defensive confidence got destroyed early last season and too often we crumbled, losing a lead because of it, extending the loosing run and plummeting confidence further. The ship only steadied when we had a shape, when each person did their job (not drift around), and we had a second striker who worked their ass off for their team mates. I have a lot of problems with LJ, but selling LT is not one of them. And let’s be fair, why would we want a player who only gets trim to get a move.

All the posts have missed the real victims in all this: The dozen of new employees in the pie van, taken on with the knowledge of a three year increase in sales due to Tomlin’s contract. Shares have plummeted. Jobs are now at risk. Think of the children.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The dream ticket of course would have been Tomlin behind Kodjia and Tammy. With scope to drop and pull wide- a trio.

I think we have potential creativity in a different setup but a hole has been left for sure.

All the time LJ is running the show the only hole left behind by Tomlin would be on the bench...Possibly the one next to Engval.. :laugh:

Anyway the big story is.....What are @LEETOMLINMALORD @LeeTomlin10 and @LeeTomlinMyLord going to change there names to....

@Engvall's Splinter might need some pointers!!

Archived