IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think every person is entitled to their opinion on Lee Johnson without being called a 'dimwit...with a tiny gene pool' - that's just rude, unnecessary and inappropriate.

You obviously don't like anyone disagreeing with your views. That's a dangerous precedent in any society. 

And you also seem to think you know the views of all our 'average' fans.....everyone I know does not want Lee Johnson to be the manager of our club. They are all 'average' fans so their views contradict your assertion, but I wouldn't dream of pretending I know the views of every 'average' fan....

Also there was a poll on here recently for average fans like us. And the consensus was in favour of LJ.  So if you and all your friends think otherwise, then it would appear that perhaps your gene pool is smaller than I thought! 

7 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Also there was a poll on here recently for average fans like us. And the consensus was in favour of LJ.  So if you and all your friends think otherwise, then it would appear that perhaps your gene pool is smaller than I thought! 

Eh?

Consencus?  Not unanimous then?  Not 100% for 0% against then?

Why would having a different opinion to the consensus mean they are from a smaller gene pool?

11 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

The number of people on here represents a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of our total fanbase....so it's incredible that you think a poll on here is representative of the views of all our 'average' fans...

And your 'gene pool' insults are childish and boring....

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

And finished above seven other teams - almost a third of the league.

We finished one point behind Ipswich who I doubt many would say were ever in serious relegation trouble and had we beaten Birmingham instead of being on the beach we would have been a place higher and stayed up by six points.

It`s whatever you want it to be really isn`t it?

Until I read this,I just didn't realise how much of a successful season we had last year!!!!!!

We finished one point behind Ipswich who I doubt many would say were ever in serious relegation trouble and had we beaten Birmingham instead of being on the beach we would have been a place higher and stayed up by six points.

Ipswich fans were highly critical of their team, season and,  most of all, their manager. They had little money, even less investment and were boring to watch. 

A football fan's glass is nearly always half empty unless you're a Glory Hunter.

At least our club appears to want to be progressive. Remember only one team can win a game;  only three teams can get promoted and only success breeds success. 

All the odds confirm that there will only be 13 of the 92 who will be ecstatic at the end of season. The relegated teams will of course be gutted unless they are yo-yo teams.

That leaves about 70 out of 92 sets of supporters who will be absolutely unhappy with their lot and, the more their expectations, the more they'll be pi££Ed off. 

Just be happy now before the season starts because the odds are we'll all be 'doomed captain mainwaring' come September. 

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The number of people on here represents a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of our total fanbase....so it's incredible that you think a poll on here is representative of the views of all our 'average' fans...

And your 'gene pool' insults are childish and boring....

I agree with you on that, my point exactly. That in the grand scheme of things, the views expressed on here are miniscule in comparison to our greater fan Base. And not necessarily representative! However my friends are both in favour of, and against LJ. Whilst in your own words you seem to know only people against. Hence my poorly worded, and minor insult regarding your pool of acquaintances! 

At the height of the cold war there was an athletics match between America and Russia.

In the 100 metres sprint America won, and in the `American press it  was reported that the American pushed the Russian into second place. In the Russian press it was reported that the American finished last but one.

It's similar on here, in that posters can use the same information to justify whatever their own point of view happens to be.

Just now, john from high littleton said:

I agree with you on that, my point exactly. That in the grand scheme of things, the views expressed on here are miniscule in comparison to our greater fan Base. And not necessarily representative! However my friends are both in favour of, and against LJ. Whilst in your own words you seem to know only people against. Hence my poorly worded, and minor insult regarding your pool of acquaintances! 

Ok, lets agree to disagree, but you've completely confused me...you said a poll on here showed 'average' fans were in favour of LJ then you say views expressed on here are 'minuscule in comparison to our greater fan base.' 

You totally contradicted yourself whilst hurling insults about 'dimwits' and 'gene pools' - oh well...

40 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Until I read this,I just didn't realise how much of a successful season we had last year!!!!!!

Well, as impressive as that was, it won't be a patch on the next few years. I think we're going to need visa's for the Europa League league.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:15, john from high littleton said:

Yes surely if he should have shown more commitment and moved closer to the club. Just really pleased that LJ has shown great leadership and moved the waster on. Really looking forward to the start of the season by the way. COYR

ok Lee we know that, do enjoy it while you can.....massive wake up call coming. :yes:

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, lets agree to disagree, but you've completely confused me...you said a poll on here showed 'average' fans were in favour of LJ then you say views expressed on here are 'minuscule in comparison to our greater fan base.' 

You totally contradicted yourself whilst hurling insults about 'dimwits' and 'gene pools' - oh well...

My original comment was one that expressed my view that that the fact that some on here constantly attack LJ, doesn't really matter because this forum is such a small gene pool of self important pomp that it didn't really matter. You went on to state none of your close associates support him. I then stated we had a poll on here that seemed to actually be more in favour than against him. My point being, that there are obviously fans in favour of him (me being one) which seems to back up my point that if you yourself  know nobody whatsoever in favour of him. Then it would seem to suggest you and your friends are all swimming in the same pond. However I agree a poll on here is unrepresentative of the whole fan Base, and it's extremely unlikely anyone could know if the majority of fans are in favour or against.

So I stick by my original comment, that the fact that LJ is attacked by a small group of repressives on here. Doesn't really matter, in the wider scheme of things. 

3 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

My original comment was one that expressed my view that that the fact that some on here constantly attack LJ, doesn't really matter because this forum is such a small gene pool of self important pomp that it didn't really matter. You went on to state none of your close associates support him. I then stated we had a poll on here that seemed to actually be more in favour than against him. My point being, that there are obviously fans in favour of him (me being one) which seems to back up my point that if you yourself  know nobody whatsoever in favour of him. Then it would seem to suggest you and your friends are all swimming in the same pond. However I agree a poll on here is unrepresentative of the whole fan Base, and it's extremely unlikely anyone could know if the majority of fans are in favour or against.

So I stick by my original comment, that the fact that LJ is attacked by a small group of repressives on here. Doesn't really matter, in the wider scheme of things. 

Can I ask what evidence you are basing your trust in LJ on?   Not trying to have a dig just interested in why you appear to be quite so evangelical about him?

9 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

and on the other hand he also has his own pond with those swimming for their lives in the belief that Lee does walk on water and can do no wrong. So therefore, you yourself have your own gene pool of self important members who honestly believe he can do no wrong. Fair play to you that's some faith you have.

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

and on the other hand he also has his own pond with those swimming for their lives in the belief that Lee does walk on water and can do no wrong. So you yourself have your own gene pool of self important members who honestly believe he can do no wrong. Fair play to you that's some faith you have.

I'm not for or against LJ.

He's the manager and is supported and trusted by SL so there's nothing we as fans can do. 

Ive come to accept that fact and why other fans don't accept it as well is a sad state of affairs.

24 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can I ask what evidence you are basing your trust in LJ on?   Not trying to have a dig just interested in why you appear to be quite so evangelical about him?

I feel he has done no better or worse than anyone else we have had in the last 20 years. I am also of the opinion that sacking someone every time we have a spell of poor results, has not really worked for us in the last 20yrs. I like the idea of giving someone time, and building a team of young enthusiastic players.

Not one person on here has suggested a viable replacement in my opinion.

I have been very happy with most of the signings and loanees since his appointment.  And conclude that as long as I see improvement this year, then I feel change is not needed! 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm not for or against LJ.

He's the manager and is supported and trusted by SL so there's nothing we as fans can do. 

Ive come to accept that fact and why other fans don't accept it as well is a sad state of affairs.

Fill the tunnels in then lads escape is futile, some fans like to say what they think should we lie or just say nothing? I don't trust a word he says.

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

I feel he has done no better or worse than anyone else we have had in the last 20 years. I am also of the opinion that sacking someone every time we have a spell of results, has not really worked for us in the last 20yrs. I like the idea of giving someone time, and building a team of young enthusiastic players.

Not one person on here has suggested a viable replacement in my opinion.

I have been very happy with most of the signings and loanees since his appointment.  And conclude that as long as I see improvement this year, then I feel change is not needed! 

Thanks, and I understand the view, I bought into the whole thing when he joined and kept believing for quite a while.  I'm not sure it was even the run of poor results that threw me, it was the manner that LJ and SL dealt with those results that really got my back up.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you're right, after last season both LJ and SL are going to have to do quite a bit to convince me this isn't the worlds shortest circle jerk behind the scenes.

@Robbored I accept there's nothing I can do about it, but it doesn't stop me having an opinion.   It didn't stop me tweeting both Lansdown's.  The evidence on hand midway through last season was that he was out of his depth.  He's recovered a bit, but in my opinion, he has a way to go to turn me around.  It's not a sad state of affairs to believe in yourself and your views,  in my opinion, it's more sad to sit there and not have the courage to say what you believe in.  

People get confused about the difference between having a view / opinion on a manager / player / club / whatever and supporting the club / team.

I desperately want the club / team to succeed, but I don't have to agree with everything that's going on, on and off the pitch.

10 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

and on the other hand he also has his own pond with those swimming for their lives in the belief that Lee does walk on water and can do no wrong. So you yourself have your own gene pool of self important members who honestly believe he can do no wrong. Fair play to you that's some faith you have.

Very true, I am glad we can both agree that this forum is actually a tiny speck on an elephants backside. And therefore my original comment is true and precise in its assumption that the views on here expressed by some don't really matter (including myself) And that all that really matters is the views of board. And the wider fan Base, which is unknown as of present! 

So, nothing to get to het up about really. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Robbored I accept there's nothing I can do about it, but it doesn't stop me having an opinion.   It didn't stop me tweeting both Lansdown's.  The evidence on hand midway through last season was that he was out of his depth.  He's recovered a bit, but in my opinion, he has a way to go to turn me around.  It's not a sad state of affairs to believe in yourself and your views,  in my opinion, it's more sad to sit there and not have the courage to say what you believe in.  

People get confused about the difference between having a view / opinion on a manager / player / club / whatever and supporting the club / team.

I desperately want the club / team to succeed, but I don't have to agree with everything that's going on, on and off the pitch.

Davefevs - your view is pretty much in line with my own with the only difference is that I've decided to abstain from entering into threads that simply slag LJ off. 

Im going to wait to see how the first few games go after which I'll comment on LJ based on what I've seen.

10 minutes ago, allyolly said:

It seems pointless to me to be debating a LJ in or out 3 weeks before the start of the season. The board have backed him with words and money so he's going nowhere at least for the time being. I'm happy enough with that for now. 

You may be happy enough with LJ because the board (SL) have backed him vocally and financially, others much less so and for what they will consider good reasons.

I'm sure the debate over LJ will continue on OTIB, just like it will at AG, and rightly so imo.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You may be happy enough with LJ because the board (SL) have backed him vocally and financially, others much less so and for what they will consider good reasons.

I'm sure the debate over LJ will continue on OTIB, just like it will at AG, and rightly so imo.

Carry on looking for every opportunity to knock the bloke - you ain't going to help the club by doing so. Negativity breads negativity.

If we're 10 games in and no progress then it's clear that he isn't the man for the job and then feel free to slate the bloke and call for his head, until that point give the bloke a break, new season fresh start! 

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Of course debate will continue about all aspects of BCFC and I've got absolutely no problem with that. I think the point I was making with regard to LJ is a fair few people almost seem to want him to fail as if to prove their opinions right. It was the same when he was a player. 

Just now, Saunders87 said:

Carry on looking for every opportunity to knock the bloke - you ain't going to help the club by doing so. Negativity breads negativity.

If we're 10 games in and no progress then it's clear that he isn't the man for the job and then feel free to slate the bloke and call for his head, until that point give the bloke a break, new season fresh start! 

I agree new season fresh start and I don't see my post as 'slating the bloke' or 'taking every opportunity to knock him'.

Just reiterating the fact that a lot of City fans are far from convinced Lee Johnson should be manager of Bristol City, and that debate will definitely continue.

Coming on a forum and calling for debate to halt on a subject that clearly strongly divides opinion seems to me an odd and unhealthy thing in itself.

On 16/07/2017 at 06:54, BigTone said:

My contracts also with the main difference being no one has paid millions for my services or given me a tasty sign on fee.

As for my Wife you are welcome to take her on a free 12 month trial.

DOLLY I'M FREE !!

12 month trial, you have to be joking, it would be like loaning out tools, they all come backed F#@* !!:shutup:

On 15/07/2017 at 22:35, Kid in the Riot said:

Smacks of an SL led with MA/LJ support vanity signing in the mold of the David James signing. 

No proper consideration of where Tomlin will actually fit into the club/team long term but cus the fans liked him for a few months let's go and take a massive gamble in order to please them.

Like you say, hopefully lessons learnt.

Um, no, he was brilliant on loan and was able to fit into whatever formation we had at the time. Maybe LJ wanted to sign Tomlin but more than anything it felt like fan pressure to sign him. Nothing like the David James signing.

I've been a fierce critic of LJ but whoever shifted Tomlin to Cardiff performed a modern day miracle.

What is lost in this debate is that once a player signs a contract, they own all the trump cards.

Lessons learnt? Definitely. The main one is don't listen to the fans!

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree new season fresh start and I don't see my post as 'slating the bloke' or 'taking every opportunity to knock him'.

Just reiterating the fact that a lot of City fans are far from convinced Lee Johnson should be manager of Bristol City, and that debate will definitely continue.

Coming on a forum and calling for debate to halt on a subject that clearly strongly divides opinion seems to me an odd and unhealthy thing in itself.

Not sure where anyone has suggested there should be no debate. I just don't understand the logic of trying to build a campaign against a manager before the season has started.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That's the difference though Dave. Look how you have worded it. He's recovered a bit but has a way to go to turn you around. You haven't slagged him off. You haven't thrown your toys out of the pram that he's still here. You're not necessarily happy he's still here but get that he is and can back him to an extent. It's not creating a nasty environment. The club doesn't need that negativity. It genuinely feels people would rather be relegated and LJ sacked then to have a top 10 season. Either one in just as likely as the other because there isn't much between them. I think it's sad that there seemingly is a large portion of fans here that would rather be L1 right now without LJ. You don't have to like the bloke but give him a few games before you write off the season. 

Archived