IGNORED

City Vs Plymouth - League Cup (Merged)

reddogkev

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Funny how we're their cup final. They're all buzzing for it on Twitter.  

Unsurprising. Probably tomorrow and when they go to the Mamarial are the only times this season they get to travel to clubs less than two hours away.

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unsurprising. Probably tomorrow and when they go to the Mamarial are the only times this season they get to travel to clubs less than two hours away.

The season we got promoted to the Championship they were going for promotion from League 2 and blew it in the end. If they had gone up, and Swindon had gone up instead of PNE, their closest game in League 1 would have been Walsall - around 200 miles away!

A crowd of over 6,000 is already guaranteed for tomorrow night’s Carabao Cup first round tie with Plymouth Argyle – boosted by a large travelling contingent.

The Pilgrims will be backed by around 1,700 supporters in the Atyeo Stand, in what is a relatively short trip for the Devon club.

Just over 4,000 tickets have been sold to home supporters to date and they remain on general sale priced just £11 for adults and £6 for concessions (including fees).

Supporters will also be able to pay on the night, although it is recommended to purchase in advance where possible to avoid queues.

I'm always impressed with their following, 2 hour drive just to Bristol, not much else to do in the City of Plymouth mind, there is only a certain number of times you can wander around the Barbican and get a punch-up in Union street, good memories of the penny-come-quick and Cherry tree though if you follow my drift!!

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Said it before, but my first rude footie song was about Tommy Tynan - something about his being 'the meanest' and a horse :whistle:

He got a hatrick on `Boxing Day, but Bobby Hutch and @steviestevieneville got doubles in a 4-3 win.

You're getting your mid-80s Boxing Day home wins v Plymouth conflated into one, Fevs. 84-85 was indeed 4-3 (but scorers were Hutch 2 and Walshy 2 including one rasping drive in front of the EE as I remember and an 87th min pen winner) and 2-0 in 85-86 (Walsh, Nevs). I dunno, poor eyesight, bad memory...what next goes wrong for Fevs?

21 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I'll go with this

Lucic

Vyner

Moore

Magnússon

Kelly

Brownhill

O'Neil

Morrell

O'Dowda

Engvall

Hinds

Subs

Fielding

Baker

Golbourne

Pack

Paterson

Reid 

Diedhiou

Wright for Moore

Bryan on the bench instead of Golbourne

Golbourne and Moore both played for the U23's last night. The fact Hinds and Morrell didn't feature is quite telling imo

27 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Was there a thread about Pay On The Day for the Plymouth game? I'm sure there was and I'm looking to pay on the day. Am wondering from what time you can stroll up and buy one at the ticket booth this evening... Anyone know?

It is potd mate - but be careful of queues - allow yourself enough time

• Admin

Assume there is some ruling about the number of changes that can be made?

Guessing as Engvall has done the pre match press thing he will be more involved, assume Baker will get a run out - with Hegeler having a problem at the end of the Barnsley game that is an easy change

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Assume there is some ruling about the number of changes that can be made?

Guessing as Engvall has done the pre match press thing he will be more involved, assume Baker will get a run out - with Hegeler having a problem at the end of the Barnsley game that is an easy change

I dont think there is any rule.

Isn't it just the JPT (or whatever it is called now) that has that rule.

38 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I'll go with this

Lucic

Vyner

Moore

Magnússon

Kelly

Brownhill

O'Neil

Morrell

O'Dowda

Engvall

Hinds

Subs

Fielding

Baker

Golbourne

Pack

Paterson

Reid 

Diedhiou

Totally forgot Golbourne was still with us

44 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

You're getting your mid-80s Boxing Day home wins v Plymouth conflated into one, Fevs. 84-85 was indeed 4-3 (but scorers were Hutch 2 and Walshy 2 including one rasping drive in front of the EE as I remember and an 87th min pen winner) and 2-0 in 85-86 (Walsh, Nevs). I dunno, poor eyesight, bad memory...what next goes wrong for Fevs?

I was only 2 :whistle:

.....I wish :P

Looks like I was wrong @phantom.

Found this

"6.5 Each Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Cup Competition matches, unless some satisfactory reason is given. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes ‘full available strength’. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Management Committee shall have power to impose such penalties as they shall think fit. The provisions governing disciplinary matters in relation to the Competition are contained in Rule 23."

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

However, unless this is a new rule it is probably the least enforced of any footballing one (bar ones about 'tapping up' players) as Premier League sides regularly play heavily rotated sides until very late on.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It is potd mate - but be careful of queues - allow yourself enough time

I remember seeing that it was, thought so, cheers Bob. Wondering what time the booth opens. I have a hunch if I ring the club and ask, they won't know. Even though the booth will be ten yards away.

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I get you James , and as you are a keen Red and make sacrifices to go

I will pay for your ticket, and bus fare  if you want to go

If you pm me we can  work out how to get the money to you 

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And if you're in Kingswood(ish) I'll drop you home.  I'm going straight from work, literally change, bundle Joe in the car, and off, or else I'd offer to pick you up too, but I'll be pushing it anyway.

Wow - very nice of you both. What a gesture. Good work chaps.

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I remember seeing that it was, thought so, cheers Bob. Wondering what time the booth opens. I have a hunch if I ring the club and ask, they won't know. Even though the booth will be ten yards away.

I've found out for meself, seeing as none of you lot are helping me out of my mild-to-little problem. It's from 5pm. Thanks for nothing, otib. (Ever get the feeling yr posting to yrself?)

Just now, Natchlander said:

this may have been covered on other threads ... am taking my two young boys to tonights game and will need to bring a rucksack with drinks sweets etc ... will I be able to take it in or not? its prob written somewhere online but I have not seen it.

I think it was said "small rucksacks" are allowed.

Exactly what was classed as a small rucksack wasn't clarified as far as I saw.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think it was said "small rucksacks" are allowed.

Exactly what was classed as a small rucksack wasn't clarified as far as I saw.

Just looked on website and i did see some info about rucksacks ... Was planning to bring a small rucksack (ones that runners use) - ideally need to know for sure as its my youngest first experience and would like to avoid any hassle if I can.

9 minutes ago, Natchlander said:

this may have been covered on other threads ... am taking my two young boys to tonights game and will need to bring a rucksack with drinks sweets etc ... will I be able to take it in or not? its prob written somewhere online but I have not seen it.

Just put the drinks/sweets in a plastic carrier and save yourself the trouble.

Archived