IGNORED

Flint and Johson get September Player and manager award

BCFC Rich

37 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sorry MRR but I'm with Bob here. Personally, I think LJ was very fortunate to keep his job last season and have, frequently, admitted he is / has proven me wrong. That doesn't change the fact that people, myself and Bob included, wanted him gone last season for good reasons. So, we were wrong, big deal but the point still stands that he was fortunate to survive.

A forum without differing opinions would be very boring and I would, respectfully, suggest respecting those opinions is part and parcel of being on here.

You were right, we were wrong, well done. Let's get over it eh as a lot of threads seem to descend into condemnations for opinions last season which is getting rather tiresome don't you think? Those opinions were in support of the club which we all want to see success at and were, with all possible respect, justified at the time.

Congratulations to LJ and Flinty, well deserved.

I have never asked this question, but it just popped into my head after reading he was fortunate to keep his job. I do agree, despite being Johnson's biggest fan, especially as a coach. However my question is, if we hadn't of had that run where we lost every game for about 3 months and they were spread out, should he have been sacked? For example if we had won, lost, lost, won etc all season? We finished on 54 points (essentially 55 given our goal difference compared to rest of bottom half). Do you think that was an acceptable season on the whole, had it had been a normal season, not breaking every losing record streak we had?

Or do you think we under achieved?

34 minutes ago, lenred said:

Why can't you and others just enjoy the upturn we are seeing instead of sniping? Just gets really boring people always looking for a dig at those who dared question LJs tenure last season. Most people have got over it and accept that wanting him gone at the worst point of last season was a valid option, even if they didn't agree. A massive well done to you and those of you who didn't think that getting rid was the right thing to do.  We get it. You were right. But a forum is about opinions. Constant digs at those who hold differing opinions to you is petty. Let's just crack on and enjoy what's happening now. 

Spot on . People need to move on and enjoy whilst it lasts. We should of sacked LJ at the time. It seems I was wrong. It's how it goes. All this I'm right you're wrong is a load of bollocks . 

10 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I have never asked this question, but it just popped into my head after reading he was fortunate to keep his job. I do agree, despite being Johnson's biggest fan, especially as a coach. However my question is, if we hadn't of had that run where we lost every game for about 3 months and they were spread out, should he have been sacked? For example if we had won, lost, lost, won etc all season? We finished on 54 points (essentially 55 given our goal difference compared to rest of bottom half). Do you think that was an acceptable season on the whole, had it had been a normal season, not breaking every losing record streak we had?

Good point. I don't think it's acceptable and we underachieved . IMO . It really was a strange season. The start we had no one foreseen what was to happen. Every day I was expecting the announcement of his sacking. I was desperate for him to go at the time. ( Forest game was when I had enough). If LJ at any other club he would of been fired. His managerial career would of been in tatters . But LJ and AF fully deserve there accolades today. 

51 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks MRR, a fair reply. I will defend Bob here as, like him, I was quite vociferous in wanting LJ gone and posted / read most of the posts last winter. While many did post personal criticism of his stature etc, I don't remember Bob doing it. The only other thing that stood out was one poster's genuine belief and steadfast support for LJ and debate it properly, @Bat Fastard, fair play to you!

In hindsight, with what was happening to his dad, I wonder if LJ could have passed temporary control to his assistants to concentrate on Gary as Lj is now showing what a fine Manager / coach he is. That's just my opinion and would have saved him from a lot of vitriol last season and Gary's predicament must have affected LJ.

Thanks Ska

I was opposed to the banners use of words like m****g etc and said so,at the time - but as a a professionall rather than personal label I did call him a clown - not great and clearly wrong , but there we are , was the as far as 'worst I said' and I was surely we're heading down which would have set us back majorly

Interesting how certain posters (Who stand out a mike ) (  though one of the little group seems to be missing in action atm) snipe at particular posters - have you noticed the same effort those that supported the banners , and more insulting adjectives used by some ........ no ? ........ nor me    

((Not that some have a personal agenda of course   :whistle:  and ,  I was the 'Band Leader' of course , apparently :laughcont:)

One of ours was even bigging himself up the other day , polishing his ego , on oppos forum , about how he was 'one of the few'  who stood by LJ !!!!!

He , at the time made many glaring errors  , quite clearly things were at the best turgid behind the scenes and clearly there was a lot to cope with

He has clearly learnt from last season and his good skills are starting to blossom  and fair play to him - I have no personal like r dislike of him - all I care about is the Club and its health

Amazing how some snipers slide out at certain times. - sad really

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Spot on . People need to move on and enjoy whilst it lasts. We should of sacked LJ at the time. It seems I was wrong. It's how it goes. All this I'm right you're wrong is a load of bollocks . 

It's sometimes a bit hard to realise that we all support the same team!

26 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

A fair question ER.

I guess it's a case of the ends justifying the means. That 3 month period was absolutely dreadful as we all know and, personally, I was happy to survive in the Championship but did expect better TBH. Did we underachieve? In comparison to similar clubs who spent a damn site less, I guess we did.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks Ska

I was opposed to the banners use of words like m****g etc and said so,at the time - but as a a professionall rather than personal label I did call him a clown - not great and clearly wrong , but there we are , was the as far as 'worst I said' and I was surely we're heading down which would have set us back majorly

Interesting how certain posters (Who stand out a mike ) (  though one of the little group seems to be missing in action atm) snipe at particular posters - have you noticed the same effort those that supported the banners , and more insulting adjectives used by some ........ no ? ........ nor me    

((Not that some have a personal agenda of course   :whistle:  and ,  I was the 'Band Leader' of course , apparently :laughcont:)

One of ours was even bugging himself up the other day , polishing his ego on oppose forum about how he was one of the few who stood by LJ !!!!!

He , at the time made many glaring errors  , quite clearly things were at the best turgid behind the scenes and clearly there was a lot to cope with

He has clearly learnt from last season and his good skills are starting to blossom  and fair play to him - I have no personal like r dislike of him - all I care about is the Club and its health

Amazing how some snipers slide out at certain times. - sad really

I was one of the “little group” and all I have to say is how pleased I am- not at being “right” because to me it was never about that, but because my beloved Bristol City are doing well with a manager I like and playing football that’s good to watch. Whatever we all thought or felt last year let’s just enjoy what we’re getting now!

6 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I was one of the “little group” and all I have to say is how pleased I am- not at being “right” because to me it was never about that, but because my beloved Bristol City are doing well with a manager I like and playing football that’s good to watch. Whatever we all thought or felt last year let’s just enjoy what we’re getting now!

You are not one of the 'little group' I referred to Katie

You were one of the few who was supportive of LJ throughout,  and fair play 

You dont post that often and the little group I refer to are the ones who post , mainly snipes , sneers and sarcasm , not something I can recall you doing tbf

I can promise you, for all sorts of reasons no one is  happier than I am ATM and the way things are starting to form 

:fingerscrossed:

Congratulations to Lee and Aden. Well done and well deserved.

As for the constant bitch fights between forum members... OTIB needs a Handbaggers Sub-Forum for this sort of thing. FFS, take it outside and stop boring us with your petty squabbles.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Why can't you and others just enjoy the upturn we are seeing instead of sniping? Just gets really boring people always looking for a dig at those who dared question LJs tenure last season. Most people have got over it and accept that wanting him gone at the worst point of last season was a valid option, even if they didn't agree. A massive well done to you and those of you who didn't think that getting rid was the right thing to do.  We get it. You were right. But a forum is about opinions. Constant digs at those who hold differing opinions to you is petty. Let's just crack on and enjoy what's happening now. 

Hang on there mate. I think you need to get your facts straight.

I haven't sniped at anyone about LJ. Happily apologise if you can quote me.

I remained positive last season during the rot, in the face of sometimes relentless abuse.

I was quietly optimistic pre season and have being enjoying almost every second of this season.

Not once have I said 'I told you so' to anyone.

So in defence of me and others (many of whom were probably scared off OTIB) when I see posters who relentlessly trolled anyone who had an opposite opinion to them, and there were plenty on here during last season, if they suddenly get all 'I told you so' and gloss over there behaviour last season now, I'm going to stand up and say:

"you're being a hypocritical ****"

Lots of talk of 'snipes' on this thread. Just go back and see who had the first snipe, r.e Flint and his detractors and you'll see the hypocracy i'm talking about.

Yes the club went through a tough time and yes LJ could have been sacked, but it didn't justify some of the behaviour on here.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Hang on there mate. I think you need to get your facts straight.

I haven't sniped at anyone about LJ. Happily apologise if you can quote me.

I remained positive last season during the rot, in the face of sometimes relentless abuse.

I was quietly optimistic pre season and have being enjoying almost every second of this season.

Not once have I said 'I told you so' to anyone.

So in defence of me and others (many of whom were probably scared off OTIB) when I see posters who relentlessly trolled anyone who had an opposite opinion to them, and there were plenty on here during last season, if they suddenly get all 'I told you so' and gloss over there behaviour last season now, I'm going to stand up and say:

"you're being a hypocritical ****"

Lots of talk of 'snipes' on this thread. Just go back and see who had the first snipe, r.e Flint and his detractors and you'll see the hypocracy in talking about.

Yes the club went through a tough time and yes LJ could have been sacked, but it didn't justify some of the behaviour on here.

Your post came across to me and it would seem to others as a dig at Bob. My apologies if I've read thst wrong but I don't think I have.  

Although he can of course stand up for himself, at no point did Bob (who Im presuming you are referring to on this thread as your post was directed at him)  'relentlessly troll' anyone as far as I recall. He was strong and vocal in his views that LJ should've been relinquished of his duties. As was I.  As we're countless countless others. However, the vast majority of his detractors last year can now see that he is doing a great job currently and have said so quite openly on here and long long long may it continue. But it seems some on here want to just revert back to what seems like petty point scoring about what was said last year.  And all I'm saying is let's just move on and enjoy what is currently a fantastic season. Long may it continue. 

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

Your post came across to me and it would seem to others as a dig at Bob. My apologies if I've read thst wrong but I don't think I have.  

Although he can of course stand up for himself, at no point did Bob (who Im presuming you are referring to on this thread as your post was directed at him)  'relentlessly troll' anyone as far as I recall. He was strong and vocal in his views that LJ should've been relinquished of his duties. As was I.  As we're countless countless others. However, the vast majority of his detractors last year can now see that he is doing a great job currently and have said so quite openly on here and long long long may it continue. But it seems some on here want to just revert back to what seems like petty point scoring about what was said last year.  And all I'm saying is let's just move on and enjoy what is currently a fantastic season. Long may it continue. 

My post was directed 100% at Bob, he trolled me (along with others, so you recall incorrectly on this occasion) and I think him starting this all off with the snipe of an 'I told you so' about Flint is completely hypocritical. And yes, I'm sure he can defend himself.

R.E LJ - you're preaching to the converted. I thought he should've been sacked in April and I've not said "I told you so once" about LJ to anyone. Nor have I once gone about petty point scoring to do with last year. If you read my posts I've been very much enjoying the season.

If you see someone doing that, direct your comments at them, not me please mate! Because I don't want to be dragged into any I told you so chat.

39 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

My post was directed 100% at Bob, he trolled me (along with others, so you recall incorrectly on this occasion) and I think him starting this all off with the snipe of an 'I told you so' about Flint is completely hypocritical. And yes, I'm sure he can defend himself.

R.E LJ - you're preaching to the converted. I thought he should've been sacked in April and I've not said "I told you so once" about LJ to anyone. Nor have I once gone about petty point scoring to do with last year. If you read my posts I've been very much enjoying the season.

If you see someone doing that, direct your comments at them, not me please mate! Because I don't want to be dragged into any I told you so chat.

Excuse this old fart but what does 'trolled' mean? How does this manifest itself on a forum?

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Excuse this old fart but what does 'trolled' mean? How does this manifest itself on a forum?

"Being a pr*** on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks or writing swear words."

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

"Being a pr*** on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks or writing swear words."

TY Alessandro. I wasn't having a pop by the way, I genuinely didn't know what it meant.

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

I've always understood it to be the lower end of the debate line. There are certain posters that do it on here and do it quite successfully / bloody annoyingly depending on your point of view. But I've never seen Bob do this personally - depends on how you take things that are said though I guess.  But like I say he can fight his own battles I'm sure! 

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Ewwwww the irony

Amazing how you never miss an opportunity to latch  into certain posts directed at me and throw your Tupperware hapenny in with your lil group 

Who was it you heavily criticised and laid into the other day for being over positive as a tactic to undermine the Head Coach

Paranoia to add up to your list

:laughcont:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ewwwww the irony

Amazing how you never miss an opportunity to latch  into certain posts directed at me and throw your Tupperware hapenny in with your lil group 

Who was it you heavily criticised and laid into the other day for being over positive as a tactic to undermine the Head Coach

Paranoia to add up to your list

:laughcont:

And I rest my case ladies and gentlemen.

• Admin

I personally think it's amazing that the same manager who presided over our club record losing run, now has responsibility for our longest unbeaten run at this level since we were promoted from this division in the 70's. 

That period last season goes down as one of the lower points in my time supporting the club whilst I don't think I've ever been excited about our prospects as I am now.

What is the solution for those who held the "LJ out" view last season? Would his supporters last season prefer it if we continued to be narrow minded and want him out or do you want us to stop supporting the club? At the moment all we can do is continue to admit we were wrong but I can tell you that in my case I never wanted him to fail, not that I ever want any of our managers to fail, but in particular as I liked him as a player and love how much he clearly cares about our club.

At some point we need to draw a line under previously held positions and stop apologising for previously held beliefs and enjoy what will hopefully go on to be the best period in the history of our club.

A fair proportion of Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out prior to the FA Cup win in 1990, could we be embarking on a journey of similar folklore status?

29 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

And I rest my case ladies and gentlemen.

Just worked out why you were so touchy about My Flint comments

You claimed to be 'in the know' 'heard things' and were quite clear on your views on  Flint 

Maybe you will reveal all you knew one day 

And if Flint goes in January I'd wish him the very best - good luck to him - Been exemplary and kept his mouth shut when things were said and inferred about him and has done his talking on the pitch as he's always done , never less than %100 and his best

My comment was regarding people labelling him a donkey and similar and those questioning his committment if needed / selected , (Let's see how many come out and review like I happily  have with LJ)

(Again as I've pointed out to you and your little group I doidnt see you jumping on posts calling Flint a donkey or abusive posts at other posters etc - you and you're group are noticeably very 'selective'  :whistle:

but it appears I've hit a nerve 

Maybe if you'd bothered to go to the q&a you would have heard how Flint has actually behaved - from LJ & MA

:yawn:

Archived