IGNORED

Flint and Johson get September Player and manager award

BCFC Rich

18 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Really good question and here's my end of the spectrum :

I don't think LJ is the Messiah , I just believe he's a very young progressive coach with plenty of potential whilst still learning lessons. Lee's gonna continue his ups and downs but so long as his ( and that of his team's)  trajectory is upwards and people don't resort to inane and emotive comments such as he's "an incompetent clown" then I think that  the fans are likely to stick with him  as did the majority did last season despite wretched results . I also think that the majority  also support  his "bumbling fumbling complete fool of a Dictator sugar daddy" . 

Lee's won nothing but is making good progress-  still no cigar. Yet.

Thanks MRR, all fair points

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:55, Phileas Fogg said:

No one is saying you're not an allowed an opinion. It's just that you're really opinionated and reactionary (often hugely negative) without actually going to games.

What you mean like many others who comment on Englands games, on this very forum; without actually going to games.

Should we also not comment on other things like, many items on the news just because we weren't there?

I have seen every goal we have scored this season, seen all the highlights and every live stream and tv app we have been on; also read all the reports from fans who were there and reports on our own club website; that gives me enough to say what I think.......just like you do.

On 10/7/2017 at 04:18, Leveller said:

There have been other vociferous critics of the regime who have mentioned in passing that they haven't actually been to the ground in years!

Hey there Mr, that's not very level of you. I didn't once complain about the team or manager last season, at least not on here as far as I can remember :fingerscrossed: So perhaps you could say 'and then there are some of those ex-pats'. Even then, everybody has their opinion, it's only a bloody Internet forum, I don't think anybody needs to be pre-qualified in order to have a particular type of opinion or comment.

On 07/10/2017 at 03:43, Leveller said:

Then there are the ex pats. I very much applaud their following the team via the internet and understand they can't come over to see games. But complaining about the team based on listening to a radio commentary is stretching it, I think.

I have only seen us live the once this season: am I allowed to slag off the players used in the matchday squad v Villa? If not, what is the cut-off of matches attended live? I'll be sure to try and work on it.

7 hours ago, ukneil said:

Hey there Mr, that's not very level of you. I didn't once complain about the team or manager last season, at least not on here as far as I can remember :fingerscrossed: So perhaps you could say 'and then there are some of those ex-pats'. Even then, everybody has their opinion, it's only a bloody Internet forum, I don't think anybody needs to be pre-qualified in order to have a particular type of opinion or comment.

Exactly; how many posters actually see gas games for example ? that hasn't stopped that thread being the biggest on here; point being good or bad posts are just opinions on a forum, you don't have to have a attendance at those games/news items to post an opinion......whether its positive or negative.

I "haven't actually been to the ground" - ie, Wembley - "for years." Well, not to see England. So, I offer no thoughts or opinion on the current England team. 

And I "haven't actually been to" Old Trafford, Anfield, White Hart Lane or Arsenal, or Bournemouth, for years, so I have nothing worth your time and attention to add to the many threads and discussions on this "Football Chat" forum about the Premier League.

I "haven't actually been to" Ashton Gate for a couple of weeks, so I have nothing to say today, although I took a peek at the league table just now and felt a warm glow. I'm not sure that's worth posting here, but I hope that the general positivity of that comment will spare me the consternation of those on here responsible for editing the output.

I've never actually been in person in a room where transfers involving Bristol City were being discussed by those involved or had any inside info on possible transfers coming into or out of this club - or actually been at the ground where the new players being signed by Bristol City have played - but I have contributed my witless nonsense to the transfer forum. A grave mistake I will from now on not be repeating.

Etc, etc........

PS. Congratulations to LJ and Flinty, before I forget. Well done (although, when I say "well done," I have never actually been up Failand at the training ground to see who does what; "well done" the assistant coaches might be more to the point. Who knows? Etc, etc)

13 hours ago, ukneil said:

I praised ex pats for supporting the team from afar didn't I? But analysing performances without seeing them is the issue I was trying to raise, perhaps not very well.

13 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I have only seen us live the once this season: am I allowed to slag off the players used in the matchday squad v Villa? If not, what is the cut-off of matches attended live? I'll be sure to try and work on it.

You can do whatever you like, but if you qualify your criticisms of a performance by adding that you didn't watch the game, then why should I take it seriously?

51 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You can do whatever you like, but if you qualify your criticisms of a performance by adding that you didn't watch the game, then why should I take it seriously?

I presume you offer no serious comment on any sporting event, news issue, world event, etc etc that you have not witnessed with your own eyes?

57 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Would you treat any praise seriously? Just out of interest? 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Would you treat any praise seriously? Just out of interest? 

Indeed. If you are an expat who attends rarely but generally cheerful, positive and optimistic about the club, then few if any will take much notice of you on here (although, tbf,during record runs of defeats, you might be called a happy-clapper, or even deluded).

I am persuaded now, that only the views of the 50 odd diehards on Coach One, who witness every minute of every game, are worth paying any attention to, when it comes to Bristol City and its players and performances. I will henceforth seek them out at motorway services around the country to ascertain what they think about Marlon Pack and Frank Fielding, and Bristol City. 

35 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I am persuaded now, that only the views of the 50 odd diehards on Coach One, who witness every minute of every game, are worth paying any attention to, when it comes to Bristol City and its players and performances. I will henceforth seek them out at motorway services around the country to ascertain what they think about Marlon Pack and Frank Fielding, and Bristol City. 

Seeking out passengers of Coach One at service station toilets around the country may give you more than you bargained for.

On 10/7/2017 at 01:43, Leveller said:

Then there are the ex pats. I very much applaud their following the team via the internet and understand they can't come over to see games. But complaining about the team based on listening to a radio commentary is stretching it, I think.

Get to see a fair bit on TV + live streams despite living in the US. This season I've seen pretty much every game with the intro of bctv. I think you can be an ex pat and still get a reasonable view of the team. 

14 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Get to see a fair bit on TV + live streams despite living in the US. This season I've seen pretty much every game with the intro of bctv. I think you can be an ex pat and still get a reasonable view of the team. 

Of course you can. My point relates to people who make judgements on players and coaches without seeing games.

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Of course you can. My point relates to people who make judgements on players and coaches without seeing games.

Is there anything more depressing than putting on the radio when you get back to the car and hearing `Well, I listened on the radio Geoff and I think Johnson has to do..........`

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I presume you offer no serious comment on any sporting event, news issue, world event, etc etc that you have not witnessed with your own eyes?

Of course, we all do. But we are in danger of generalising about "comment".

Obviously if we lose a game I haven't seen, then I am entitled to say I am disappointed. If we have a losing run of several games, then even without seeing them it's fair to conclude that something is going wrong. If we win a lot of games and a lot of people say we are playing well, then the weight of evidence suggests that is true.

We all depend to a large extent for information on facts reported by those who have been eye witnesses. It is a value judgement as to whose opinions and reports we trust. 

What I would not presume to do personally, is to suggest changes in the team lineup, changes in formation, or changes of manager if I have only second hand comments to rely on. I read that we played badly at Brentford, but I wouldn't feel qualified to say that X should be dropped as a result without the evidence of my own eyes.

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Seeking out passengers of Coach One at service station toilets around the country may give you more than you bargained for.

Now unless you were present in person in said toilets, I am not sure you have any right to a view on the shenanigans those chaps get up to.

Being sat on the chodbin in trap two doesn't count either, unless you did so with the door open. Like the coach driver does.

17 hours ago, Leveller said:

Of course, we all do. But we are in danger of generalising about "comment".

Obviously if we lose a game I haven't seen, then I am entitled to say I am disappointed. If we have a losing run of several games, then even without seeing them it's fair to conclude that something is going wrong. If we win a lot of games and a lot of people say we are playing well, then the weight of evidence suggests that is true.

We all depend to a large extent for information on facts reported by those who have been eye witnesses. It is a value judgement as to whose opinions and reports we trust. 

What I would not presume to do personally, is to suggest changes in the team lineup, changes in formation, or changes of manager if I have only second hand comments to rely on. I read that we played badly at Brentford, but I wouldn't feel qualified to say that X should be dropped as a result without the evidence of my own eyes.

So if we were to go on a 46 game losing streak, with increasingly deranged team selections, that just happened to coincide with your being put under 24/7 house arrest you would not say, even in passing, that maybe it is time for LJ to move on?

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is there anything more depressing than putting on the radio when you get back to the car and hearing `Well, I listened on the radio Geoff and I think Johnson has to do..........`

Yes. There are many, many more depressing things. Sadly, this world is awash them :innocent06:

If you are still listening to Radio Bristol, and hoping to hear something enlightening/interesting/worthwhile after a match, at your age, then that's puzzling. 

And people on here getting upset and all serious about other people on here not being how they think they should be on here - you know who you don't like, who your culprits are, you don't have to read what they are posting, "nobody at the club takes any notice of what's said on here" anyway, and "otib is not representative of the crowd at AG" so what does it matter, and you have an ignore function. So why don't you use it?

On 08/10/2017 at 22:03, glos old boy said:

What you mean like many others who comment on Englands games, on this very forum; without actually going to games.

Should we also not comment on other things like, many items on the news just because we weren't there?

I have seen every goal we have scored this season, seen all the highlights and every live stream and tv app we have been on; also read all the reports from fans who were there and reports on our own club website; that gives me enough to say what I think.......just like you do.

Disagree actually, I think you need to physically be at games to get the full picture. TV gives you a good idea of what's going on, but you miss all the off the ball stuff - enough for people to express an opinion on though (England). 

From what you're saying though (just watching highlights basically) it doesn't give you enough to go on to give a considered view.

Archived