IGNORED

Flint and Johson get September Player and manager award

BCFC Rich

I am very pleased that LJ has got this award.

There is no doubt that he is an extremely good coach and shows what can be achieved if everyone pulls together.

In hindsight that was probably not the case last season [both on the pitch and off it]

I am so pleased for Flinty too; in my opinion he is the first name on the teamsheet. He has a great mentality and deserves all of the plaudits.

Well done Lee and Flinty. Exciting times being a City supporter. Than you. 

And to all those who doubted LJ don’t worry about it, we all have differing opinions on football and we all get found out sometimes. Just a lesson not to get to personal or to get in the same mind set of arrogant Arsenal fans . 

I never had any doubts about LJ, I was knew he was the man ;-)

Who were the people last season (and we all know that they were indeed out there, though I can't remember names) who talked about a boycott and not coming back until Lee Johnson was no longer manager of Bristol City?

Is there still anyone out there continuing with their boycott? Would be very interested to hear their view if they are.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks Ska

I was opposed to the banners use of words like m****g etc and said so,at the time - but as a a professionall rather than personal label I did call him a clown - not great and clearly wrong , but there we are , was the as far as 'worst I said' and I was surely we're heading down which would have set us back majorly

Interesting how certain posters (Who stand out a mike ) (  though one of the little group seems to be missing in action atm) snipe at particular posters - have you noticed the same effort those that supported the banners , and more insulting adjectives used by some ........ no ? ........ nor me    

((Not that some have a personal agenda of course   :whistle:  and ,  I was the 'Band Leader' of course , apparently :laughcont:)

One of ours was even bigging himself up the other day , polishing his ego , on oppos forum , about how he was 'one of the few'  who stood by LJ !!!!!

He , at the time made many glaring errors  , quite clearly things were at the best turgid behind the scenes and clearly there was a lot to cope with

He has clearly learnt from last season and his good skills are starting to blossom  and fair play to him - I have no personal like r dislike of him - all I care about is the Club and its health

Amazing how some snipers slide out at certain times. - sad really

:sub:

:thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Who were the people last season (and we all know that they were indeed out there, though I can't remember names) who talked about a boycott and not coming back until Lee Johnson was no longer manager of Bristol City?

Is there still anyone out there continuing with their boycott? Would be very interested to hear their view if they are.

I was after the reading and cardiff matches. Normally however after a few hours after the match i calmed down. I would like to add that I wasn't in favour of the posters and personal abuse hurled at Lee.

What I would say though is that we were a laughing stock and people including me thought SL lost his mind. If it happened again this season I would have the same opinnion as i did last season.

When it comes to trolling, this tbh is technically correct but the definition has sort of passed by the modern version of it.

If you look at USA...often what happens there comes here though unsure this one will. One such example? Look up "SWAT Trolling". It's horrendous, to call some spat on an internet forum, in in an increasing number of cases is short of the mark these days. Is true 5-10 years ago moreso tbh. They need to update the definitions and parameters I would suggest. 

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In fairness with 11.6+  thousand likes to his name, BobBobSuperBob can't be doing too much wrong

Do a GIF Bob, g'waaan do one!

He's Jekyll & Hyde - loads of good posts but goes off on one if he get criticised.

4 hours ago, lenred said:

Why can't you and others just enjoy the upturn we are seeing instead of sniping? Just gets really boring people always looking for a dig at those who dared question LJs tenure last season. Most people have got over it and accept that wanting him gone at the worst point of last season was a valid option, even if they didn't agree. A massive well done to you and those of you who didn't think that getting rid was the right thing to do.  We get it. You were right. But a forum is about opinions. Constant digs at those who hold differing opinions to you is petty. Let's just crack on and enjoy what's happening now. 

Well- thanks for that Len. I really don't have a problem with differing views when they're put in a reasonable way- we all get it wrong sometimes.

Both you and @Bob Bob Super Bob seem to think it's all about me/others sniping. No it's about you glossing over some really vindictive statements you made like:

"Here comes the little ****. ' 

"too FLICKY (wtaf), wasn't a 5-0 game'. F OFF!!!!!Too flicky'. He actually f'ing said that. Too flicky. Just F off."

"Nothing he ever does will win me back. He's proven that he's a back stabbing, gutless charlatan who deems it ok to blame everyone - players, fans, recognised and experienced assistant coaches - bar himself. His ego is beyond compare - that he makes his assistants, one of whom was a fellow teammate, call him 'GAFFER' makes me be a bit sick in my mouth. Especially as he claims to be a 'new breed of coach' whatever the hell that... "

And then today you post :        "Congratulations to both. Very well deserved"  ...................See what I'm saying??

And @Bob Bob Super Bob whilst congratulating Lee on winning MOTM award whilst suggesting Flint critics should "reflect" on their criticisms..... sit back and reflect on your own criticisms of which the following are a very small selection:

On Mr Lansdown:

"If you didn't know he was a successful businessman /billionaire - you'd think GT was ramndomly interviewing some bloke walking through Cabot Circus and asked him to pretend to impersonate a Football Club Owner Sounded a bumbling fumbling complete fool Frightening"

"I'm having a lovely BBQ whilst you claim you're fat armpits sweat under the glaze of the dictator who thinks you a pleb, whilst you line his pockets Ha ha brilliant Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa "

On supporters making a case to keep LJ:

"Excellent work Making excuses for him 24 hrs before the game :the ultimate apologist"

"...Yep And the apologists / apathetic / Superfans are part of the reason"

"Thanks for your input Some of the blind faith drivel,posted is pathetic"

On Lee Johnson:

"The bloke is a complete and utter CLOWN"

"A complete embarrassment - pathetic"

"want us to win , and survive whatever I think of the clueless one and his sugar daddy"

"Ha ha What did the incompetent clown say about Forums ?"

"But do you not see that he's not going to help solve any problems in any way as he is the root cause IMHO He's a massive Negative Whilst he hangs around like a bad smell"

"You do what you want - the players have had chance after chance - With the odd starring exception (The main one being a 19 yr old who isn't even ours) I couldn't give a shit what the players think Their performances and particularly the second half last night demonstrated what they think of you , me and every other City supporter who pay their ridiculous wages Time to drive Johnson out of our club"

So there you have it- a small selection from the Bob & Len show and there's an awful lot more.

@Bob Bob Super Bob talks of sniping and hypocrisy  and yes many of us could be guilty of it but I can only suggest that before I take the plank of wood out of my eye that Bob takes Leigh Woods out of his.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I personally think it's amazing that the same manager who presided over our club record losing run, now has responsibility for our longest unbeaten run at this level since we were promoted from this division in the 70's. 

That period last season goes down as one of the lower points in my time supporting the club whilst I don't think I've ever been excited about our prospects as I am now.

What is the solution for those who held the "LJ out" view last season? Would his supporters last season prefer it if we continued to be narrow minded and want him out or do you want us to stop supporting the club? At the moment all we can do is continue to admit we were wrong but I can tell you that in my case I never wanted him to fail, not that I ever want any of our managers to fail, but in particular as I liked him as a player and love how much he clearly cares about our club.

At some point we need to draw a line under previously held positions and stop apologising for previously held beliefs and enjoy what will hopefully go on to be the best period in the history of our club.

A fair proportion of Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out prior to the FA Cup win in 1990, could we be embarking on a journey of similar folklore status?

No , I don't think he'd ever get taken on as manager of Man Utd . 

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well- thanks for that Len. I really don't have a problem with differing views when they're put in a reasonable way- we all get it wrong sometimes.

Both you and @Bob Bob Super Bob seem to think it's all about me/others sniping. No it's about you glossing over some really vindictive statements you made like:

"too FLICKY (wtaf), wasn't a 5-0 game'. F OFF!!!!!Too flicky'. He actually f'ing said that. Too flicky. Just F off."

"Nothing he ever does will win me back. He's proven that he's a back stabbing, gutless charlatan who deems it ok to blame everyone - players, fans, recognised and experienced assistant coaches - bar himself. His ego is beyond compare - that he makes his assistants, one of whom was a fellow teammate, call him 'GAFFER' makes me be a bit sick in my mouth. Especially as he claims to be a 'new breed of coach' whatever the hell that... "

And then today you post :        "Congratulations to both. Very well deserved"  ...................See what I'm saying??

And @Bob Bob Super Bob whilst congratulating Lee on winning MOTM award whilst suggesting Flint critics should "reflect" on their criticisms..... sit back and reflect on your own criticisms of which the following are a very small selection:

On Mr Lansdown:

"If you didn't know he was a successful businessman /billionaire - you'd think GT was ramndomly interviewing some bloke walking through Cabot Circus and asked him to pretend to impersonate a Football Club Owner Sounded a bumbling fumbling complete fool Frightening"

"I'm having a lovely BBQ whilst you claim you're fat armpits sweat under the glaze of the dictator who thinks you a pleb, whilst you line his pockets Ha ha brilliant Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa "

"Excellent work Making excuses for him 24 hrs before the game :the ultimate apologist"

On Lee Johnson:

"want us to win , and survive whatever I think of the clueless one and his sugar daddy"

"But do you not see that he's not going to help solve any problems in any way as he is the root cause IMHO He's a massive Negative Whilst he hangs around like a bad smell"

"You do what you want - the players have had chance after chance - With the odd starring exception (The main one being a 19 yr old who isn't even ours) I couldn't give a shit what the players think Their performances and particularly the second half last night demonstrated what they think of you , me and every other City supporter who pay their ridiculous wages Time to drive Johnson out of our club"

So there you have it- a small selection from the Bob & Len show and there's an awful lot more.

@Bob Bob Super Bob talks of sniping and hypocrisy  and yes many of us could be guilty of it but I can only suggest that before I take the plank of wood out of my eye that Bob takes Leigh Woods out of his.

I'm sorry MMR but I really don't see the point of your crusade. It comes across as sanctimonious crap WTGR.

Why not just enjoy our current great form and leave this alone as it does you no favours whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

On Mr Lansdown:

On Lee Johnson:

So predictable as night follows day from you

Noticed you going back through my historic posts so knew some dross was coming

You even start on @lenred now like a child (As you always do whenever anyone makes comment)

Just keep your' 'problem'with me :thumbsup: 

Though you have a propensity for doing this - a regular hobby of yours it seems - says a lot 

Good job your life is so fulfilling , sorry , sad  !

Anyway - I'm taking up your stalking time at the gym

Cool story bro - bet you feel better and will have impressed many 

:yawn:

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

On Mr Lansdown:

On Lee Johnson:

Wow. You have a lot of time on your hands!  Fair play. You have obviously spent a lot of time on this. It must hurt! 

I stand by my comments that you have carefully and selectively edited, giving no context whatsoever to the quotes.  I also reserve the right to admit that he has turned it around and congratulate him on doing so. If that offends you sooooo much that you have to spend hours trawling my historic posts then fair play to you. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I personally think it's amazing that the same manager who presided over our club record losing run, now has responsibility for our longest unbeaten run at this level since we were promoted from this division in the 70's. 

That period last season goes down as one of the lower points in my time supporting the club whilst I don't think I've ever been excited about our prospects as I am now.

What is the solution for those who held the "LJ out" view last season? Would his supporters last season prefer it if we continued to be narrow minded and want him out or do you want us to stop supporting the club? At the moment all we can do is continue to admit we were wrong but I can tell you that in my case I never wanted him to fail, not that I ever want any of our managers to fail, but in particular as I liked him as a player and love how much he clearly cares about our club.

At some point we need to draw a line under previously held positions and stop apologising for previously held beliefs and enjoy what will hopefully go on to be the best period in the history of our club.

A fair proportion of Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out prior to the FA Cup win in 1990, could we be embarking on a journey of similar folklore status?

Excellent post Ian. 

Although I wasn't vociferous as some during the record number of consequetive defeats I did feel strongly enough to fire off an email after the Flum fiasco to Jon Lansdown expressing my frustration with his dad for supporting LJ...............:facepalm:

20 minutes ago, lenred said:

Wow. You have a lot of time on your hands!  Fair play. You have obviously spent a lot of time on this. It must hurt! 

I stand by my comments that you have carefully and selectively edited, giving no context whatsoever to the quotes.  I also reserve the right to admit that he has turned it around and congratulate him on doing so. If that offends you sooooo much that you have to spend hours trawling my historic posts then fair play to you. 

Very bitter / has an issue about something in his / her life -

Spending hours copying and compiling people's historic posts a regular hobby it appears

Just one recent example

Bless 

Told you you'd be the next on Superfans target list 

:yes:

Londoner , KITR - and a few others have all suffered the judgement of the Superfan - (and normally a couple of his  hangers on)  

Guess  like me they're all devastated

What a glorious tribute to our award winning manager and player this thread turned out to be! Jesus guys, what you going to do to each other if we got promoted! 

Johnson stayed some thought he should, some thought he shouldn't but he stayed and at the moment it looks a good decision.

We're all city fans doesn't really matter what happened last year now,  no point holding a grudge against someone who held a different opinion. + plenty of those who wanted him out have literally publicly held there hands up or 'eaten humble pie'. 

Football is always going to polarize. Always going to bring out extreme emotion and opinion because we care so much. No need to pull each other down or dig up what was said before, not when we're all actually pulling in the same direction now. COYR 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I wanted him gone last season, and if I had to pinpoint when, it would likely have started bubbling around the Reading/Cardiff home capitulations and then sealed with Derby away. That said, I recognised he dug us out of a hole (albeit partially of his own making) and figured he had earned some time at the start of this season.

This season has been, so far, a transformation, and he has wiped the slate totally clean in my view.

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

This season has been, so far, a transformation, and he has wiped the slate totally clean in my view.

It has indeed but LJ said at the start of his reign at City that he'd need three windows to get where he wanted to be. Those three windows have passed and what we're seeing is the end result - well almost.....

The squad is like an engine with LJ as head mechanic and now it's ticking over over very nicely.

Going back to last season and the up and down results caused many of us to virtually panic as we fell into the DZ but some of those lost points were either by a single goal margin or down to referees errors. In fact so embarrassed were the referee association that they sent seven, yes seven letters of apology to the club.................:facepalm:

Maybe it wasn't as bad as seemed at the time.....

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

In fairness with 11.6+  thousand likes to his name, BobBobSuperBob can't be doing too much wrong

Do a GIF Bob, g'waaan do one!

Mind you 11,000 of those were received when he posted "Johnson out " last November!  :)

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It has indeed but LJ said at the start of his reign at City that he'd need three windows to get where he wanted to be. Those three windows have passed and what we're seeing is the end result - well almost.....

The squad is like an engine with LJ as head mechanic and now it's ticking over over very nicely.

Going back to last season and the up and down results caused many of us to virtually panic as we fell into the DZ but some of those lost points were either by a single goal margin or down to referees errors. In fact so embarrassed were the referee association that they sent seven, yes seven letters of apology to the club.................:facepalm:

Maybe it wasn't as bad as seemed at the time.....

I took a view early in the sequence of close defeats that we were suffering bad luck, rub of the green, etc etc. But then it morphed into game management of such shitting-the-bed incompetence that I couldn't accept we were just unlucky.

40 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I took a view early in the sequence of close defeats that we were suffering bad luck, rub of the green, etc etc. But then it morphed into game management of such shitting-the-bed incompetence that I couldn't accept we were just unlucky.

There was element of poor game management for sure - Derby comes to mind but also a huge combination of poor refereeing and downright bad luck and the Burton draw at AG highlights that.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There was element of poor game management for sure - Derby comes to mind but also a huge combination of poor refereeing and downright bad luck and  the Burton draw at AG spirings to mind.

Too right, I must admit my very first thought when Lloyd Dyer inexplicably managed to miss an open goal with the whole of the goal to aim at and Giefer stranded was just how really unlucky we had been..

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Too right, I must admit my very first thought when that unmarked Burton player inexplicably managed to hit the post with an open goal in front of him, the whole of the goal to aim at and FF stranded was just how really unlucky we had been..

But not when Wilbs had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out?

Rather than the kind of miss we had seen Bobby Reid do 5-6 times by that point of the season.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Rather than the kind of miss we had seen Bobby Reid do 5-6 times by that point of the season.

It was a really poor decision I agree but I think that Dyer miss balanced out the luck, Tomlin missing the penalty was just crap play, not bad luck.

I'm not sure I can recall Reid missing "5-6" open goals, a few chances with the keeper to beat maybe, but not that.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Wilbs disallowed goal was one of the seven letters City received from the Referees Association. On reviewing the goal the referees panel could find no reason for the goal not to stand,

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was a really poor decision I agree but I think that Dyer miss balanced out the luck, Tomlin missing the penalty was just crap play, not bad luck.

I'm not sure I can recall Reid missing "5-6" open goals, a few chances with the keeper to beat maybe, but not that.

At what point does it go from crap play to bad luck?

Reid was roundly slated after a miss away at Cardiff, when in reality there was a slight touch from Bamba.

Reid had missed several chances where you would expect a goal, so one being missed against us is luck starting to balance out- that was the point being made.

Archived