IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Septic Peg

Very poor from City today. We were well beaten by a stronger,  faster, more determined and better organised Leeds side. We offered very little going forward, we looked wide open at times and we repeatedly gave the ball away in dangerous areas. What a shame to have a performance like that in front of a big crowd.

31 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

At least WsM mustered a 2-2 draw, this is the ONLY positive I can find for myself from today.

LJ said he had learned from his mistakes, if so, why place Hegeler in defence?

Because he has played in the Champions League,  so LJ said in his RB post match interview.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

What words do you want me to add? 

How about " I don't agree, I don't think he is prioritising Tuesday". How's that?

Quite frankly, your statement is nonsense, purely wrong headed, not thought through, speculation.. How's that?

And having listened to Johnson ‘s comments on Radio Bristol I’m happy to admit I’m wrong. Baker is out for 7 -14 days, Paterson has been on a drip.

My concern is that Johnson had prioritised Tuesday over today. I was wrong

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Poor performance today and deservedly beaten.

Someone said there was a bug in the camp which might explain the absence of Baker and Patto.

Bailey was getting sucked into the middle today and they wreaked havoc in our right back spot.

Ah well, no problem with the result from me but I'm a tad concerned after last season's capitulation, we need that monkey off our back ASAP.

Patto, I'll all week, Baker, knee injury, Smith, hamstring. But apparently LJ was prioritising the Palace game and they'll all be playing Tuesday.

32 minutes ago, daored said:

I would say look at the team selected, the ball wouldn’t hold for us up front. Played into  Jannson game. No Baker, no Paterson I would suspect all three will play Tuesday 

My friend,I so hope your wrong..

A crap day at the office,we all have 'them- no reason today to drop Baker/Paterson outside of injury/illness.otherwise it's puzzling....was he (Johnson) just thinking a little too much???..hope this doesn't signal the return of 'Tombola'...?

Will be watching team selection Tuesday with great interest!

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

My friend,I so hope your wrong..

A crap day at the office,we all have 'them- no reason today to drop Baker/Paterson outside of injury/illness.otherwise it's puzzling....was he (Johnson) just thinking a little too much???..hope this doesn't signal the return of 'Tombola'...?

Will be watching team selection Tuesday with great interest!

Listening to Johnson on Radio Bristol, I am wrong all theee injuried and I suspect not in contention until Sunderland at the earliest 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

None of us have the same close-up view of the squad every day like he does either. 

LJ has got a lot more right than wrong so far this season, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

I suppose i will take 2 **** ups every 10 games, that will be 8 or so out of 46 for the season which might just get us over the line!

I was told in the ground that Baker was injured and Pato was Ill , that's fine Korey already injured we knew.
what I don't get is , with a direct replacement in Mags, or someone who played left side CB all last year in Wright we play Hegeler.
Also with forced changes already why add another with Woodrow. And then chasing the game move Reid from a position he had started to excel , back to a role he couldn't get near the first team in. 
The defence looked awful , Flint looked like he was panicking every time the ball came near and Wright didn't look comfortable. Bryan had a reasonable game though.
I thought Leko did well first half , ODowda was in and out but I thought his delivery was good. Pack was not great though I thought Brownhill  was ok for an hour. 
Reid had no service , but Woodrow was useless.  FD looked livelier in his cameo than Woodrow had in an hour and that Mags came on at 3-0 speak to how poor He's was. And then Taylor , I've watched the incident several times. He does swing his arm at the Leeds player , missed by a mile , so I cannot for the life of me understand why he was sent off..... answers on a postcard? 
Now I've got that off my chest , I have to suffer strictly ffs ! At least I'll have a curry on a minute.

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

What about the ref

I may be biased , but second game in a row where we seem to concede soft free kicks and don't get the same decisions.
Vs Burton we had the ball , he stopped the game and Ref for a restart gave it to their keeper to carry on. This one, while making sure we took free kicks in the right place let them take an almost moving ball 10-15 yards from the offence and set up a chance. Not as bad as Burton but some bad errors the sending off being the worst.

9 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Sorry mate, Leeds has a population of over 750,000. Way more than Bristol at just shy of 430,000

Depends how you calculate the population; there are actually several as this article explains;

http://www.citymetric.com/skylines/where-are-largest-cities-britain-1404

On Primary Urban Areas or PUA's Leeds is only marginally ahead of Bristol, 761 to 706, which suggests the 'City of Leeds' population is calculated in a different way to the 'City of Bristol' which comes out at a shade under 400k.

It is true the conurbation which would include Bradford is a lot larger than Bristol and in fact is larger than Birmingham & Wolverhampton; this is overall your point no doubt.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Depends how you calculate the population; there are actually several as this article explains;

http://www.citymetric.com/skylines/where-are-largest-cities-britain-1404

On Primary Urban Areas or PUA's Leeds is only marginally ahead of Bristol, 761 to 706, which suggests the 'City of Leeds' population is calculated in a different way to the 'City of Bristol' which comes out at a shade under 400k.

It is true the conurbation which would include Bradford is a lot larger than Bristol and in fact is larger than Birmingham & Wolverhampton; this is overall your point no doubt.

Using official census data from 2011, what else can I do?

Seen said article before so understand theres a ways to count it.

• The title was changed to The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Archived