IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Septic Peg

Hello fellow City comrades.

It's been a while since I headed up a MDT (one abbreviation for you @Robbored) but unfortunately Hav is otherwise indisposed so here I am!

He asked me to focus on Leeds players. (No, I don't mean the male cast of Emmerdale, falling out of clubs and women quicker than Mcindoe with a creditor), I of course mean Leeds United players.

So one from the present day. Mr Luke "pint pissing" Ayling. No intro needed here. He was one of our rejects that LJ sent away for a rumoured £750k. We got Adam Matthews in replacement... :facepalm:

Lanky Lukey has done well for himself at Elland Road, or at least he did. Bargain of the century they said. Best RB in the champ they said. Yet, recently he has begun to fall afoul of the Marching on Together crowd. Losing his mark, dropping too far forward and leaving the CB to cover opens up the Leeds defence... however, when signing a contract extension earlier this week, the Leeds fans were once again all over him like a seagull on a dropped kebab.

I'm sure he'll get some applause/boos from the corners of AG today...

And now one from the past. Peter Lorimer was one of those few Scots that "made it" into English football. Voted 9th greatest Leeds player of all time, he eventually became a director at the club and now is club ambassador (Tins is ours so that should give you some idea of how much he is held in esteem up in Yorkshire).

Peter also holds both the youngest player record as well as 2 goalscoring records at Leeds. He was a wee nipper aged just 15 and 289 days when he went up against full grown men for Leeds v Southampton back in 1962. 

His record goalscorer award stands at 238 goals over a total of 14 years. Not bad at all for an midfielder. The other record he also holds is that of highest league goals in aggregate, a total of 168. 

So, today. Leeds have struggled recently but should not be underestimated. They also traditionally don't do well at AG but until recently, we didn't do well at Reading or Ipswich...

I'd like to think a draw but my guts say Leeds will come out and give us a pasting just because... fingers crossed Fam can take Pontus out asap... 

Come on you Reds!

Good post @Septic Peg but I’ve got to add one extra Leeds player from the past - Terry Cooper. Though past his prime (aren’t we all?) when he joined City as a player, he was still skilful. His subsequent days as player manager / manager in the dark days of division 4 was even better. 

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Good post @Septic Peg but I’ve got to add one extra Leeds player from the past - Terry Cooper. Though past his prime (aren’t we all?) when he joined City as a player, he was still skilful. His subsequent days as player manager / manager in the dark days of division 4 was even better. 

Would have added TC but time was against me and I'm not feeling my best today (self inflicted - no sympathy required).

1 hour ago, tommytank1985 said:

Fair few Leeds in yate weatherspoons. Not my choice for an away day! 

Wind must be strong if it's blown them that far off course.

I think it's going to be a close game today and as others have said could be won by the odd goal, but who knows City could have a field day (I hope) if not then a draw is the more likely result.   Still all of you going, cheer the lads on to a great victory, which will give them more confidence than they have already.  COYR's

7 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Norman Hunter  showed his real class when he made the move to AG - hard as nails but also skillful and what a free kick he used to deliver. Think this is a good time to be playing Leeds #COYR

What a player, as you say, skillful a hard man and a terrific leader on the pitch,  loved to watch him playing.

Archived