IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Septic Peg

Not sure why Famara is 'rested' today when we have already been forced into 3 changes due to injuries. Woodrow has been pretty invisible in his last two sub appearances. 

Maybe LJ has seen something in training this week from CW. That didn't work out too well last week with Eliasson though. Bit nervous now I have seen the team.

COYRS!

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Not sure why Famara is 'rested' today when we have already been forced into 3 changes due to injuries. Woodrow has been pretty invisible in his last two sub appearances. 

Maybe LJ has seen something in training this week from CW. That didn't work out too well last week with Eliasson though. Bit nervous now I have seen the team.

COYRS!

Agree about CW...with MD nearly fit he needs a good performance today or will soon find himself struggling to even get on the bench

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

COYRS!

My guess - he’s one of a couple that LJ has said came back from the International break a little ‘undercooked’ so misses out due to that. 

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello fellow City comrades.

It's been a while since I headed up a MDT (one abbreviation for you @Robbored) but unfortunately Hav is otherwise indisposed so here I am!

He asked me to focus on Leeds players. (No, I don't mean the male cast of Emmerdale, falling out of clubs and women quicker than Mcindoe with a creditor), I of course mean Leeds United players.

So one from the present day. Mr Luke "pint pissing" Ayling. No intro needed here. He was one of our rejects that LJ sent away for a rumoured £750k. We got Adam Matthews in replacement... :facepalm:

Lanky Lukey has done well for himself at Elland Road, or at least he did. Bargain of the century they said. Best RB in the champ they said. Yet, recently he has begun to fall afoul of the Marching on Together crowd. Losing his mark, dropping too far forward and leaving the CB to cover opens up the Leeds defence... however, when signing a contract extension earlier this week, the Leeds fans were once again all over him like a seagull on a dropped kebab.

I'm sure he'll get some applause/boos from the corners of AG today...

And now one from the past. Peter Lorimer was one of those few Scots that "made it" into English football. Voted 9th greatest Leeds player of all time, he eventually became a director at the club and now is club ambassador (Tins is ours so that should give you some idea of how much he is held in esteem up in Yorkshire).

Peter also holds both the youngest player record as well as 2 goalscoring records at Leeds. He was a wee nipper aged just 15 and 289 days when he went up against full grown men for Leeds v Southampton back in 1962. 

His record goalscorer award stands at 238 goals over a total of 14 years. Not bad at all for an midfielder. The other record he also holds is that of highest league goals in aggregate, a total of 168. 

So, today. Leeds have struggled recently but should not be underestimated. They also traditionally don't do well at AG but until recently, we didn't do well at Reading or Ipswich...

I'd like to think a draw but my guts say Leeds will come out and give us a pasting just because... fingers crossed Fam can take Pontus out asap... 

Come on you Reds!

Good thread start young Peg . 

Lorimer was also famous for having one of the hardest shots in football . I don't know how he compared with our very own Walshy but I wouldn't have liked to be in a defensive wall wiating for one of his free kicks . :shocking:

I see a City win today . We have grown up and are not intimidated by bigger ,more illustrious clubs . 

Archived