IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Not slating woodrow but amazed he started today.

As with the Burton game an in form player is dropped for a player who has looked good in training. This time compounding enforced changes.

I do hope LJ is not going to revert to unnecessary tinkering. Coaches do seem to think it makes them look clever.

2 minutes ago, Midred said:

On the bright side Huddersfield 2-0 up against Manure!

We trashed Hudders last season at home, still quite a few strange things happened last season..

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

As with the Burton game an in form player is dropped for a player who has looked good in training. This time compounding enforced changes.

I do hope LJ is not going to revert to unnecessary tinkering. Coaches do seem to think it makes them look clever.

You should play your best available team against the best teams in this league. 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not sure Woodrow is responsible for us being 2 down

Looks like LJ has got the unenforced changes wrong. 

But it’s fair to say that he’ll still be on credit if we lose by seven. 

Cant win ‘em all. 

(I’m not giving up on today by the way, we’ve shown we’ve got enough backbone this season to get something out of this!)

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Easy with hindsight but Wright or Mags should have started at CB. Hegeler too slow...might do better in CM in place of Pack. COD & Woodrow offered very little too

Mags clearly has no future here under LJ.

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Woodrow offers absolutely nothing more than our other strikers already do, straight swap for Fammy at half time please Lee. 

I agree, I can't understand why LJ got him, if he was any good at Championship level why did Fulham let him come to us?

Some things are quite evident today, boy are we missing Smith in midfield Pack is poor and looking slower than normal, Baker is also being sorely missed, our lack of right back cover is finally being exposed and Flint is having a mare, oh yes and our free kicks are still shit.

1st goal Flint’s half hearted challenge and then Wright’s half hearted block caused that one.

2nd goal Pack easily beaten in midfield and Flint and Hegeler get in each others way.

The good news is we improved over the final 15 minutes of the half, Brownhill, O’Dowda and Leko are the pick for us the rest either decidedly average or even worse.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Easy with hindsight but Wright or Mags should have started at CB. Hegeler too slow...might do better in CM in place of Pack. COD & Woodrow offered very little too

I agree, but for different reasons. I don't think Hegeler has been that bad - more Flint, Wright being at RB and what's in front of them (Pack barely found a red shirt all afternoon and Leko being a bit of a liability IMO). 

We miss Baker desperately though. 

Also, we look to have lost some of our pressing game which has been so vital for us. 

Deserve to be losing at the moment. 

Archived