IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Leeds United FC match day thread 12

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

1 bad game and suddenly our strength in depth, which was sufficient to beat 2 PL teams, is a 'myth'.

Our cup run and form so far this season has proved we have strength and depth.

It doesn't give us the right or means to remain unbeaten all year though and people should remember that.

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Its just a bit worrying that none of us would have picked that team which Lee did.

None of us have the same close-up view of the squad every day like he does either. 

LJ has got a lot more right than wrong so far this season, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Good teams have bad days. We’ve largely been a good team this season and today is a bad day.  I’m confident that there won’t be the meltdown many are predicting tonight. 

I'm not there today but was at the Burton game which was also pretty dire. So the idea this is just a one-off seems a bit optimistic to me.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's my view that constantly looking to draw parallels with last season makes it more likely to happen again. This is one disappointing defeat, let's not turn it into anything more than that.

Yep because thinking about things makes them happen doesn’t it?

Drawing parallels with last season does not make it more likely to happen.

As comprehensive a stuffing as you can imagine.

Just a day when everything went wrong. Against a pretty decent side, a pile of injuries, to many changes, and Leeds got off to a flyer. From there, never really ever in the match. Such a shame given the crowd.

Ho hum. Had the punch on the nose. Now the test of real character.

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm not there today but was at the Burton game which was also pretty dire. So the idea this is just a one-off seems a bit optimistic to me.

Different games and different reasons for not getting success in either. 

Today poor all round, Burton we were in total control but couldn't find that goal (to count)

Archived