IGNORED

Palace on Tuesday

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How's Zaha getting on? I always felt he has the potential to be an excellent player in a top 6 club but hasn't happened for him yet.

Wilf was superb under Allardyce but has been injured this season. Will get his big move next summer (Tottenham).

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just don't understand the ambivalence towards this game. There's a quarter final place at stake. With the teams remaining in the draw there's a high probability of a game against a really big club - or alternatively a highly winnable game with the prospect of a place in the semis.

I'm 34 and can't remember us reaching the latter stages of a cup competition (JPT aside). I'm excited by this game.

With you on this one - think Palace have more on their plate than us, after 9 games, Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta is their joint top scorer.

For me...if players still injured or ill/recovering.

-----------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Vyner--------------------Flint-------------------------Magners--------------------------Kelly

-----------------------------------------------Pack-----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Brownhill------------------------------Odowda------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Hinds----------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Đurić/Diediou--------------Reid/Taylor----------------------------

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

For me...if players still injured or ill/recovering.

-----------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Vyner--------------------Flint-------------------------Magners--------------------------Kelly

-----------------------------------------------Pack-----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Brownhill------------------------------Odowda------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Hinds----------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Đurić/Diediou--------------Reid/Taylor----------------------------

Hinds is on loan

Is he...bugger...missed that. Go with Reid in that spot and Taylor up front. What's a broken nose!!!!

Really want to win this game. Good chance for the fringe players to show what they've got.

I really rate Kelly and hate the fact that Bryan could hold up his progression.

He is imo, the best prospect we've ever had....seriously.

2 hours ago, cpfc123 said:

Sort of. More solid at the back but we still can't score. Set pieces are a massive weakness of ours. 

Set pieces!  Do you mean can't defend them or can't score from them?  City can't score or even get close from set pieces, defending is usually OK though.

4 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

I think that if we had beaten Leeds the Palace game would have had more of an edge to it but still can't understand why people don't care about the cup in general.If we play well and win the game surely that puts a bit of confidence back into the squad that was second best to Leeds all over the pitch yesterday.

Plus a Quarter Final berth

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Is he...bugger...missed that. Go with Reid in that spot and Taylor up front. What's a broken nose!!!!

Really want to win this game. Good chance for the fringe players to show what they've got.

I really rate Kelly and hate the fact that Bryan could hold up his progression.

He is imo, the best prospect we've ever had....seriously.

It's a funny situation, pleased we have good youngsters out on loan to get experience but I think we missed a trick with Hinds. Wish we hadn't signed Woodrow and kept Hinds here. 2 good goals in this cup run and he would have been in and around the first team squad regularly. I know it's easy in Hindsight (:facepalm:) but he couldn't have made less of an impact than Woodrow, then as players came back he could have gone on loan in Jan to get a run of games.  
I don't see LJ doing much different to previous rounds , so Kelly to play and maybe Vyner depending on if LJ thinks Zaha will start.  Be nice to see Pisano back at least for a run , but as I said before , options are limited.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just don't understand the ambivalence towards this game. There's a quarter final place at stake. With the teams remaining in the draw there's a high probability of a game against a really big club - or alternatively a highly winnable game with the prospect of a place in the semis.

I'm 34 and can't remember us reaching the latter stages of a cup competition (JPT aside). I'm excited by this game.

About 1909 i think!

51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's a funny situation, pleased we have good youngsters out on loan to get experience but I think we missed a trick with Hinds. Wish we hadn't signed Woodrow and kept Hinds here. 2 good goals in this cup run and he would have been in and around the first team squad regularly. I know it's easy in Hindsight (:facepalm:) but he couldn't have made less of an impact than Woodrow, then as players came back he could have gone on loan in Jan to get a run of games.  

With Đurić and Taylor injured at the time and Engvall clearly not really in LJ's plans, I think the Woodrow loan made perfect sense and that you are being harsh in saying Hinds couldn't have made "less of an impact", as his goal against Derby set us on our way and the Burton sub appearance aside, I think he has made a reasonable contribution so far.

What has clearly not worked though, is Hinds loan spell to Cheltenham, GJ hasn't given him a single league start, so whilst Taylor Moore and Morrell have gained useful experience and played a lot of games, young Hinds has been getting 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Pointless.

If GJ wasn't their manager I reckon we would have recalled him by now.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With Đurić and Taylor injured at the time and Engvall clearly not really in LJ's plans, I think the Woodrow loan made perfect sense and that you are being harsh in saying Hinds couldn't have made "less of an impact", as his goal against Derby set us on our way and the Burton sub appearance aside, I think he has made a reasonable contribution so far.

What has clearly not worked though, is Hinds loan spell to Cheltenham, GJ hasn't given him a single league start, so whilst Taylor Moore and Morrell have gained useful experience and played a lot of games, young Hinds has been getting 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Pointless.

We can`t though can we? Another **** up caused by the loan rules being changed by know-nothing idiots.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ok , a little harsh. But the goal apart he has made little impact . I honestly think that if Hinds had played yesterday there would have been little or no difference. I keep forgetting to check on Cheltenham , after his goals for us I thought he'd nail down a starting place. 
What chance Garita on the bench Tuesday? 
Totally agree @Red Right Hand the change has done nothing to help players as far as I can see.

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Really surprised to see how many tickets have been sold for this one, was expecting the ground to be half full but apart from block A of the Dolman it looks like it might sell out

How many sold now? I thought sales were slow.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume the top tier is not open.

It wasn`t v Stoke - not even the family section. Whether it`s because it was a school night with the possibility of ET and pens they didn`t think there would be the demand.

Half term for many next week so who knows what is happening.

Archived