IGNORED

One Stream in Bristol Episode 2 is here.

Shtanley

God what a dreadful game Leeds was, luckily you've got a new episode of the podcast to cheer you up. No after the match street-interviews this time cause the Leeds fans were cordoned off but I've got an interview with Mark Halliwell, who's a Cheltenham journalist, all about Joe Morrell. Also a chat with Chris from the Leeds United podcast about Luke Ayling.

https://aca.st/3819af

Much less fluff (imo) in this one so hopefully the length is warranted. As usual questions/feedback is appreciated.

We're gonna tweet out the link on our twitter: @OSIBPODCAST so if you've got twitter give us a retweet/follow/like/report/block etc.

We had a third voice this week, in @petehinton who was great.

Our podcast is now on iTunes where you can find us by searching One Stream in Bristol. You can also subscribe or even give us a terrible rating on there.

https://rss.acast.com/osib

Enjoying it so far - listened to just over half. Big improvement from the first episode.

Observations from what I've heard..

• Mic quality on the third mic (I think?) wasn't fantastic. Was ok but worth investing in a new mic. Maybe you could set up a 'go fund me' on here for a bit of equipment when you gain more traction. I reckon lots on here would chip in.
  • I really feel you need some sort of music or ambience whilst people chat. The mic feedback was far better than last week but still sounds slightly empty due to no background music or ambience.
  • There's better pace this week - far better with 3rd guest and all three of you were interesting and have some good observations. Good range of mini topics and talking points.
  • At times thought it's a bit hard to tell who was who - perhaps someone 'hosting' the conversation is required.
  • At times it was a bit waffly - my attention drifted a few times but I guess that is natural given the length and style of podcast.
  • Very interesting interview with Cheltenham guy - could that be a regular thing? An update every few episodes as there's 3 of them there.
  • Would be good to do this with fans at other host clubs - Newport for McCoulsky etc maybe even someone in Sweden for Engvall.
  • I liked the question about Marlon Pack compared to Joe Morrell - overall a nice interview.

Overall - it sounds very natural and is a good listen. It helps that the presenters obviously know their stuff and clearly know the club (including youth players etc). It's a big improvement on last week's (which was already good) so well done. Looking forward to hearing more.

I think now the pace is better, the length is probably fine. Last week, because the pacing wasn't as good, it felt slightly long. This time I feel the length is justified and it's nice to listen it in sections. It's a bit long to listen to in one sitting but that's not always a bad thing.

Good work chaps, it's great to see this project taking off and improving in just two episodes.

All 3 microphones are the same @Phileas Fogg and a good quality. Will check that out for next time though as didn't notice anything. Could be as simple as one of us sitting slightly further away than the other 2. Planning on doing more interviewers but don't want to use up all the possible chat's within the first couple of months.

46 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

All 3 microphones are the same @Phileas Fogg and a good quality. Will check that out for next time though as didn't notice anything. Could be as simple as one of us sitting slightly further away than the other 2. Planning on doing more interviewers but don't want to use up all the possible chat's within the first couple of months.

Might be that then - one was noticeably quieter.

Really enjoyed it though so well done - you were a good guest too @petehinton

One comment (only part way through)

On the Woodrow loan, we probably could terminate the loan early. Even with the loan being for the whole season, and even if there is no recall clause that doesn't necessarily mean the loan can't be terminated by the club who have the player on loan to them.

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

One comment (only part way through)

On the Woodrow loan, we probably could terminate the loan early. Even with the loan being for the whole season, and even if there is no recall clause that doesn't necessarily mean the loan can't be terminated by the club who have the player on loan to them.

Yeah I have thought about the likelihood of that, the reason burton didn’t get him was because of the various payments/clauses being too high I wonder if him not playing will cost us financially and if it would actually save money just to cancel it. Who knows. 

Archived