IGNORED

Cardiff Attendance

GAS8R

1 hour ago, GAS8R said:

With hopefully a good result tomorrow. How many shall we be expecting Saturday? Hopefully up near a sell out! Anyone know how many the taffs are bringing? Anything less then a sell out is very poor imo

I smell something putrid

:gasmask:

Nice try

Shouldnt you be doing something useful

IMG_4171.JPG

You would hope- though I appreciate so many games atm, expensive time etc- but you would hope for 24k IMO.

• We are doing excellent.
  • Cardiff (pains me to say it) riding high.
  • Is a derby game anyway!
  • Cardiff are bound to fill their allocation (unless they have restrictions due to safety etc)?
  • Our best chance IMO of beating them since 2012.

Subject to Cardiff allocation, you would hope the attendance might be 24k.

2 hours ago, GAS8R said:

With hopefully a good result tomorrow. How many shall we be expecting Saturday? Hopefully up near a sell out! Anyone know how many the taffs are bringing? Anything less then a sell out is very poor imo

If you want to see 'very poor' attendances have a look North of the river.

Only 8k again last weekend.....pathetic.

Does that make you feel better about our 20k+ attendances?

According to CCFC forum, as of last Friday, they had sold 2,100 tickets for Sat. Initial allocation is 2,800 with option of taking it to the max of 3,800. They appear unlikely to sell out and so reckon it will be 22k in total. 

Lets hope the boys bring back 3 points tonight and then could be more!

9 hours ago, GAS8R said:

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I smell something putrid

:gasmask:

Nice try

Shouldnt you be doing something useful

IMG_4171.JPG

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Pretty sure Gas8r was referring to Cardiff's away support...

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm on about Cardiff, if you read it properly 

17 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Won't be near a sell out as adult tickets for non-members start at £33. A ticket in the stand that Steve Lansdown named after himself will also set you back £41 so the chances of anyone rocking up on the day at those prices are minimal.

Lansdown didn’t name the stand after himself. Others did. 

If people aren’t going to attend enough matches to get a membership, and cherry pick just a few games a season, then I don’t think the ticket price is all that important for them. 

So, ticket prices for regular fans are from £28. Could be a few quid less, but I don’t think the difference of £3-4 is going to actually stop many people attending a game, if football & City are “their thing” 

I’m surprised Cardiff aren’t nearer selling out, in their position, with no travel restrictions that I know of. 

I think there will be around 19-20k Home fans, plus whatever Cardiff add to the attendance. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Lansdown didn’t name the stand after himself. Others did. 

If people aren’t going to attend enough matches to get a membership, and cherry pick just a few games a season, then I don’t think the ticket price is all that important for them. 

So, ticket prices for regular fans are from £28. Could be a few quid less, but I don’t think the difference of £3-4 is going to actually stop many people attending a game, if football & City are “their thing” 

I’m surprised Cardiff aren’t nearer selling out, in their position, with no travel restrictions that I know of. 

I think there will be around 19-20k Home fans, plus whatever Cardiff add to the attendance. 

Do we know how many they have sold?

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Won't be near a sell out as adult tickets for non-members start at £33. A ticket in the stand that Steve Lansdown named after himself will also set you back £41 so the chances of anyone rocking up on the day at those prices are minimal.

There was similar pricing for the game against Leeds and it was getting close to a sell-out. 

Against Cardiff it looks like the attendance will exceed 20k, which means more than half of the non-ST places will have been sold. From a total profitability point of view, any reduction in matchday pricing is therefore limited. It is also important to remember that the scope for reducing prices for individual games should not diminish the value of purchasing a ST. 

I do think the pricing is high, but from a business point of view it is probably about right. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Why is the atmosphere so bad for these early kick offs?! Is it just a case of people not having much to drink?

I don’t think it’s just about alcohol. If you’ve waited all day for an evening kick off and it’s a big cup match or against a local rival people’s energy levels seem to rise and there’s chance for more of a ‘build up’ before the game starts.

Lunchtime kick offs are just shit.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Why is the atmosphere so bad for these early kick offs?! Is it just a case of people not having much to drink?

Like when..?

the last early kick off I remember was West Ham in the cup I think. That was decent. 

I cant remember too many other early kick off games. I’m pretty sure the atmosphere will be be decent, so long as the game isn’t a complete flop or lost in the early stages. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Like when..?

the last early kick off I remember was West Ham in the cup I think. That was decent. 

I cant remember too many other early kick off games. I’m pretty sure the atmosphere will be be decent, so long as the game isn’t a complete flop or lost in the early stages. 

Cardiff a few years back was horrendous. Not just us you see games on the Tv and they are the same.

Just now, Super said:

Cardiff a few years back was horrendous.

A few years back. We were shite and lost 2-1 I think, didn’t we..? 2-0 maybe.

The whole club is a different beast now. Bigger crowds, better team, hope is back amongst us and crowds are bigger than they have been for 40 years. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A few years back. We were shite and lost 2-1 I think, didn’t we..? 2-0 maybe.

The whole club is a different beast now. Bigger crowds, better team, hope is back amongst us and crowds are bigger than they have been for 40 years. 

Wasn't the home game last season when we lost 3-2 a 12pm KO?

Wasnt there myself, what was the atmos like for that? 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Wasn't the home game last season when we lost 3-2 a 12pm KO?

Wasnt there myself, what was the atmos like for that? 

Was that an early kick off? I can’t remember. 

I think until we threw it away, it was decent. 

I also think it was during the bad period and we were at a low ebb. 

I also think the atmosphere is better generally this season, now that all areas of the ground are settled. 

Archived