IGNORED

Cardiff Attendance

GAS8R

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Season tickets cheap as chips. 

Individual match tickets, even with Membership rates, expensive. Paying £35 quid - £70 for my 2 tickets - for the Cardiff game is OTT in my opinion. Hopefully, as that's nearly a pound a minute we will win 90-0 and I'll leave thinking that was value for money. 

I think we need some 'exiles' rates - if you live more than 100 miles from The Gate - you get a discount given extra travel costs and attendance not justifying a season ticket :-)

Hats off to those who do travel distances and have season tickets though. 

I’m sorry but the exiles idea is nonsense. Hats off to those who do it, but it’s their choice.

Should I be compensated by the club for having turned down more lucrative jobs in other locations in the past, because, ultimitely, it wasn’t worth it, if it meant I couldn’t get to watch City play every/most weeks..? Of course not! 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m sorry but the exiles idea is nonsense. Hats off to those who do it, but it’s their choice.

Should I be compensated by the club for having turned down more lucrative jobs in other locations in the past, because, ultimitely, it wasn’t worth it, if it meant I couldn’t get to watch City play every/most weeks..? Of course not! 

Pretty sure he was joking :-)

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Season tickets cheap as chips. 

Individual match tickets, even with Membership rates, expensive. Paying £35 quid - £70 for my 2 tickets - for the Cardiff game is OTT in my opinion. Hopefully, as that's nearly a pound a minute we will win 90-0 and I'll leave thinking that was value for money. 

I think we need some 'exiles' rates - if you live more than 100 miles from The Gate - you get a discount given extra travel costs and attendance not justifying a season ticket :-)

Hats off to those who do travel distances and have season tickets though. 

I lived in Shrewsbury for ten years, Livingston for two years and Central Portugal for eight years.

It was my choice to continue supporting with a season ticket in the first two, only missing two home games in twelve years. And also in 2008-9 I had one and got here from Portugal for twelve games. Again my choice.

Can you imagine that if it was the Hippodrome Theatre instead of Ashton Gate, that they would have given me a discount?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I lived in Shrewsbury for ten years, Livingston for two years and Central Portugal for eight years.

It was my choice to continue supporting with a season ticket in the first two, only missing two home games in twelve years. And also in 2008-9 I had one and got here from Portugal for twelve games. Again my choice.

Can you imagine that if it was the Hippodrome Theatre instead of Ashton Gate, that they would have given me a discount?

He's clearly joking

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's clearly joking

I don't understand the comment Phileas. Was I joking about the theatre tickets being discounted because of where I live? Yes. I get it now, you are saying that Moor... is joking. OK, a bit slow this morning.

Joking about my support through times when I lived elsewhere? No.

In fact when living in Portugal, I also saw City at Watford twice in evening games. Tube to Hounslow, last bus to a place on the edge of the airport, b&b at £30 a night and first flight out to Lisbon and home by 2pm. I'm fortunate that I could afford to do it, but it's been in the blood for a very long time. 

25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Probably seemed like that but more often in the 20-25k range I think. The biggest gates were in the 1920s.

Nope. During the 20’s our average ranged from 11k - 16k, apart from one season where it was just over 20k.

The season that we finished 2nd in the top division (1907) we averaged just 9k!

Good old days..?!

11 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

The biggest City gates were in the 1950s followed by the 1970s followed by NOW! Biggest Rovers gates were the 1950s then they all found something better to do on a Saturday rather than watch the blue sh*te.

Most of them could be found in Broadmead while "their team" was playing at Eastville.

City away, travel not easy on low pay, went to Broadmead to look around and in the TV (television) shop windows at quarter to five and the teleprinter.

5 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

So where are u now then. Long way to come for home games 

Burnham on Sea. Got bored in Portugal as very little social life. Most friends there were Brits who just wanted to booze all day long. Portuguese very friendly but it was a very rural area where all the villagers worked hard on the land.

Archived