IGNORED

Cardiff Attendance

GAS8R

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was that an early kick off? I can’t remember. 

I think until we threw it away, it was decent. 

I also think it was during the bad period and we were at a low ebb. 

I also think the atmosphere is better generally this season, now that all areas of the ground are settled. 

It was, just had a look. 

Also looked at the table at the time. We were on 27 points, as we had been for nearly 2 months at that point. What an absolutely crazy run that was, horrific. 

We hit 27 points with a win tonight don't we? Pretty sure we'll move on from there quicker this season though! :fingerscrossed:

• Admin

It is amazing how everyone seemed to be chomping at the bit for Leeds tickets, and with this which is surely just as big if not bigger game we are struggling to sell out the lower sections of the ground

Nowhere near opening the top tier at the moment

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

It is amazing how everyone seemed to be chomping at the bit for Leeds tickets, and with this which is surely just as big if not bigger game we are struggling to sell out the lower sections of the ground

Nowhere near opening the top tier at the moment

And yet some class them as our main rivals.

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

considering where are attendances were only 5 years ago, anything over 18k is good

Not really, 18k is acceptable for just a normal game in the league against a neutral opponent - Preston, Blackburn, Ipswich..

Games like Cardiff should be easily breaking 21k, especially when you consider they'll bring 2000+

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, 18k is acceptable for just a normal game in the league against a neutral opponent - Preston, Blackburn, Ipswich..

Games like Cardiff should be easily breaking 21k, especially when you consider they'll bring 2000+

why?, we have 13k why should there be 20k there? the kick off time is shit, that puts alot off, 

we had 19k turn up last season

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

why?, we have 13k why should there be 20k there? the kick off time is shit, that puts alot off, 

I think that having 19k last season almost shows that we will get at least that (we hadn’t won for 2 months before this fixture last season!)

I think it will be 20-22k come matchday. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thought we had over 13,500 season ticket holders?

Then add in members and any additional walk up

• Admin
4 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

According to CCFC forum, as of last Friday, they had sold 2,100 tickets for Sat. Initial allocation is 2,800 with option of taking it to the max of 3,800. They appear unlikely to sell out and so reckon it will be 22k in total. 

Lets hope the boys bring back 3 points tonight and then could be more!

Away tickets are only going on sale to their season ticket holders and "gold" members - no general sale

Also being charged £32 to sit in the Atyeo !!

The atmosphere last time we played at lunchtime was awful. That isn't a dig at anyone at all but it's fact.

This has always been my favourite fixture, home and away, over the years but it's died a death recently unfortunately, from both sides.   I just don't think you'll ever replicate the atmosphere that there was in the early 2000s. Different places and different times.  

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

13,500 ST holders (counted whether they attend or not) + say 2500 from Cardiff.. that's already 16,000.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect an extra 4-5000 who buy this game in advance or POTD.

If we truly see ourselves as a club with aspirations of top end Champ or even Prem and maybe more, we need to be regularly breaking 20k really.

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surprised that there are not enough sheepsh****rs to fill the Atyeo bearing in mind their league position and close proximity.  Crikey, it takes less time to get from Baadiff than it took for me to get to the gate from North Bristol for the last game.

Indeed. Gotta be honest and say its a poor show if they cant sell out? Is it a bubble for them or no ? Fair if it is a bubble as you can understand the welshies not bothering

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Away tickets are only going on sale to their season ticket holders and "gold" members - no general sale

Also being charged £32 to sit in the Atyeo !!

I believe most/all away matches for Cardiff have the same system eg only ST holders and members. However, with "Gold" membership only costing £20 and offering priority and money off match tickets I imagine most who would consider travelling would have either a ST or membership. 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Gotta be honest and say its a poor show if they cant sell out? Is it a bubble for them or no ? Fair if it is a bubble as you can understand the welshies not bothering

I'm pretty sure they weren't subject to Bubble restrictions in January even though we were when we visited Legoland a few months earlier.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm pretty sure they weren't subject to Bubble restrictions in January even though we were when we visited Legoland a few months earlier.

Correct - the A&S police have been more pragmatic in their approach to these fixtures

Regardless of numbers, people should stop moaning about £30+ ticket prices. I know we all have budgets but to expect SL to throw millions at the club and then not back him ourselves is counter productive. I don't expect to pay £400+ for a season ticket then find out its only £20 for pay on the day. If we want top class football for Bristol City, we may have to dig a bit deeper into our pockets. Cardiff match, as a top of table clash, should attract 25,000 at least. But it won't!

7 minutes ago, marmite said:

Regardless of numbers, people should stop moaning about £30+ ticket prices. I know we all have budgets but to expect SL to throw millions at the club and then not back him ourselves is counter productive. I don't expect to pay £400+ for a season ticket then find out its only £20 for pay on the day. If we want top class football for Bristol City, we may have to dig a bit deeper into our pockets. Cardiff match, as a top of table clash, should attract 25,000 at least. But it won't!

Kind of and i'd agree if we weren't making money from players - but the last two seasons we have done. 

I think prices are high really, there's been some great initiatives for the cup games but POTD prices are a bit too much.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Kind of and i'd agree if we weren't making money from players - but the last two seasons we have done. 

I think prices are high really, there's been some great initiatives for the cup games but POTD prices are a bit too much.

For me the incentive should always be to make season tickets cheaper not to make POTD prices cheaper.

26 minutes ago, marmite said:

Oh behave. I hate this attitude. Football is too expensive mate, your deluded if you think otherwise. 30 to 40 quid to watch second tier football is not on.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Everyone would love £20 POTD prices, but it doesn’t stack up financially. Also, the kick on effects on season ticket pricing just wouldn’t add up. 

If someone isn’t interested to the point that a membership is worthwhile, then really, for 2-3 games a season, does the difference between £25/30 or even £40 really bother them for such an infrequent day out..? 

I would really pay less to see the 5/10 game flexi-tickets introduced for those that can’t commit to a season ticket, but know they will be going to at least a decent percentage of games. 

Sell them at say a £5 per game premium in ST prices and they can then allocate them to the matches that they can attend (subjust to availability) No fixed seat, obviously. 

I’m not a fan of the “Gold & Silver” categories. It’s not a supporters fault if their team is deemed “attractive” or less so. Set a price and for lesser games, maybe offer a deal to sweeten the deal.  

People who, for whatever reason, are only going to come along once or twice a season, really shouldn’t moan about ticket prices, and the rest of us rarely have to pay the figures that are usually quoted to illustrate that they are too high. 

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Oh behave. I hate this attitude. Football is too expensive mate, your deluded if you think otherwise. 30 to 40 quid to watch second tier football is not on.

Point is its not 30 to 40 quid a game if you get a season ticket.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

For me the incentive should always be to make season tickets cheaper not to make POTD prices cheaper.

Everything in football is too expensive. Why shouldn't the 'incentive' to be to lower players wages? Instead of fleecing fans for more and more money? . As i said 40 quid to watch BCFC?..Its scandalous.

Archived