IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester United in the Carabao Cup match day thread (Christmas Special)

Septic Peg

We played Man U in the League Cup in 1993 when we were a second tier side. Mark Stein was on fire and bagged two in a 2-1 victory. It remains one of the most memorable, most talked about, most revered nights in our history, even after 10 years of Premier League football. It's become iconic to us. Everything football supporters dream of. And guess what? It was a two leg match and we lost the tie overall, but that still hasn't diminished what we did that night. 

So take it from me when I tell you that I know for a fact, those who were there will never, EVER forget this night. Cherish the memory. Make the most of it. I'm chuffed for you. Absolutely stunning.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :xmas:

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Just have to beat the best team in England, over two legs.

Possibly the best on the planet actually.

But you know what - I actually thought we would get a pasting tonight, and seeing us compete with United all over the pitch was amazing. I would say its Man City who will be apprehensive tonight. And QPR ?  Wonder how they are feeling ?

Bryan's goal was one of the best ever seen at Ashton Gate - I put it alongside Jimmy Mann's goal against Peter Shilton

It was that good

Absolutely fantasic, we were immense, buzzing, evn after the whistle had gone i was still shaking like a leaf, the feeling of euphoria was overwhelming, to think before hand i wasn't too fussed about winning as long as we gave a good account, can beat the pride im feeling about my team now.

1 minute ago, redcityman said:

Absolutely fantasic, we were immense, buzzing, evn after the whistle had gone i was still shaking like a leaf, the feeling of euphoria was overwhelming, to think before hand i wasn't too fussed about winning as long as we gave a good account, can beat the pride im feeling about my team now.

Its the best thing that has happened to me this year

Archived