IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester United in the Carabao Cup match day thread (Christmas Special)

Septic Peg

So I switched my phone off at KO and refused to touch it. I checked at HT and breathed at the 0-0.

I then turned it off again.

At 9.50pm I turned it on again. And then my head fell off.

Oh my days. I am astounded. There's nothing more I can say.

Bring on the blue Mancs.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

So I switched my phone off at KO and refused to touch it. I checked at HT and breathed at the 0-0.

I then turned it off again.

At 9.50pm I turned it on again. And then my head fell off.

Oh my days. I am astounded. There's nothing more I can say.

Bring on the blue Mancs.

Such forbearance - so well rewarded. I will tell you what Horace thinks when he comes down off the curtain rail...

The team in red looked like the United of old.

They were more adventurous going forward, just more dangerous and probing in their attacks.

We were poor - deserved defeat for us, but credit to City. Hope they go all the way.

above from the mancs forum.

Maybe overstating it somewhat, but our boys should be so proud. Prouder than Sean Dyche!

Amazed Mourinho had the affront to call us lucky

Flint and Pato could have scored very easily.  Pogba's free kick for their equaliser was never a free kick,  Martial handled the ball - should have been a pen all day.

If anyone was lucky it was United

Cant wait to hear what Pep has to say about tonight's game

Don’t post on here a lot. But my god, when our winner went in.. what a feeling, the club seems to be going In the right direction and now we’ve got a match against the best team in England.. twice.

also during the celebrations I dropped my phone about 10ft and somehow it didn’t smash the screen.. was a double result!

I had been nervous for this game before KO.

Kept thinking how these "star" man utd players would beat us.

EVERY moment they got close was "squeaky bum time"

Our first goal I leapt faster than a rocket, cheered so loud as I was watching on PS4 NowTV using headphones for sound and they fell from my ears as I leapt in celebration!

They got lucky with their free kick Zlatan shooting low and getting a deflection of some sort.

We beat an almost top XI united side to a draw,, we scored, they scored and we scored again...many fans on redcafe.net been quite complimentary about us.

Surely this gives us a boost to the QPR game.

What a superb night. A really entertaining game and to get the winner in injury time was fantastic. What impressed me most was our determination - every player fought tooth and nail for the cause, which is a real characteristic of us this season. I managed to catch LJ’s post-match interview on TV when I got home and he seemed to be almost in tears. He got our tactics spot on tonight and he is a manager who has a strong affinity for our club.

Overall a memorable win in front of a vociferous sell-out crowd and a landmark win in the re-developed Ashton Gate. Great stuff.

Archived