IGNORED

Alexa is a red....

cheese

I’ve got Alexa built into one of our Sonos speakers, set it up today. But she keeps on bloody ignoring me & doesn’t do what I ask! So I will ask her that tomorrow, if she gets it correct, all will be forgiven & we will start again. Also didn’t realise you could get score updates. COYR 

43 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I’ve got Alexa built into one of our Sonos speakers, set it up today. But she keeps on bloody ignoring me & doesn’t do what I ask! So I will ask her that tomorrow, if she gets it correct, all will be forgiven & we will start again. Also didn’t realise you could get score updates. COYR 

Sounds like bigamy.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Well, she is a woman...

Besides recognising us as the best/only football team in Bristol... 

She has a few other hidden qualities too...

Enable the 'fart skill' and good old Alexa can let rip along with the best of us... top bird! :) 

( she has quite a 'repertoire' too! )  :ermm: 

The "true or false' quiz skill is OK too.

Told mine to 'f off' the other day and she replied in a sad hurt voice ' that's not a very nice thing to say'  :laugh:. Then she refused to wash up or cook my dinner for the next few days! Sulky cow... (that's a lie btw) but she did reply in a sad voice.

I'm only just 'discovering' what the Echo can do, sure I haven't scratched the surface yet, perhaps we should have a 'recommended Alexa skills thread ' where we can share and discover useful, or fun stuff that's worth trying? 

Haven't got any 'smart' appliances or anything.

By The Way ... HAPPY NEW YEAR to all You Reds out there.... COYR's .

5 hours ago, Neo said:

That is mint - Alexa on the OTIB posse wind-up of the blue few !!

My wife has set hers up to give her City score updates - hopefully she will be speaking about 6ish tomoz with some happy news !

She will also remind you to read the match day with a more charitable heart.

6 hours ago, RedM said:

My Alexa is a red, confirms there is indeed one team in Bristol. Don’t for goodness sake asks what Darryl Clarke does in the presence of children or anyone easily offended though!!!!

But, as a fellow OTIB member, could you perhaps let us know just what, in addition to his alleged, questionable behaviour with dogs, DC does, indeed, do in the presence of children etc.

25 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

No, he just manually manipulates dogs!

Of Course.

I had heard about that, but I was merley teasing @RedM about the wording of her sentence.

She referred to what 'Darryl Clarke does in the presence of children or anyone easily offended though!!!!' and what I was trying to establish was what exactly DC does in the presence of children.

Surely, this dog manipulating deed to which you refer is not actually done 'in the presence of children or anyone easily offended'.

6 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Old bloke speaking now, "wtf do people buy this stuff? "

Old bloke without a lifetime record collection of youthful music answering...  Virtually any song or music that enters your head or you wish to hear again is available and in your ear at a moments notice via a decent speaker on command... Just give the shout and hey presto you got without leaving your chair, stopping what your doing, getting out of bed, etc etc (which is pretty good).

Latest news, weather anywhere, radio stations, bit of random frivolous fun etc etc... Instantly available. 

Not to mention, for those so inclined , and into 'smart home gadgets, the ability to control your heating, lighting, security and God knows what else is available nowadays, remotely and instantly at a whim while away from home. 

One "Echo' improvement I'd like to see, delightful as she is and no disrespect to Alexa...  but a user choice selection of voices, accents and genders in the Alexa speaking role would be nice... (like you get in many sat-navs systems) 

An instant and easy availability of bulk deletion of app 'conversation/request' history logs, with a keep/save option (as we are used to with phone logs texts and emails etc..) would be an improvement too.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because it will play me millions of songs and albums on request.

Now Bristol Rob, you have raised a question; would this be through a paid subscription to a music service and, if so, which one or ones?

Also, question 2, can the little speaker identify more than one voice?

Cheers me dears.

Archived