IGNORED

Bob Bob Super Bob

BigAl&Toby

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

12 pence in a shilling, 20 shillings/240 pence in a pound.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/£sd

Had absolutely no idea to be fair! Coin bags must've been ******* huge :blink::thumbsup:

Used to pay half a crown to watch Big John , there were 8 half a crowns to the pound ....the top players were on £30 quid a week, and the football was crap but we we didn't know any better. 

Us Old Gits deserve some respect, surely?:shifty:

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Hi,

I hadn't seen this thread up till now. I was one of the few he messaged, it was consistent and ******* boring. I palmed it off several times by winding him up further, it is quite funny winding those who cannot control their sad little anger bursts up. A few weeks went by of not hearing from the odd psychopath - when another message came. After speaking to Tom it would seem he had several people he liked to message angrily.

A great shame, as, like I explained to him, I enjoyed debating with him and at times agreed with his opinion. The problem with him was, if somebody was seen to disagree with him publicly and make sense, he decided to throw hissy fits in private and offer people out because he didn't like to be on the end of a losing battle with anybody with a brain.

Hopefully a time-out will calm him down and he can come back to be a normal poster who can debate and accept being wrong.

I suggest you tell the whole story EmersonsRed as “someone” made an intimidating insult to him - I have been in contact with him this evening as I know him well and if true and you had done that to me, I would have reacted the same way. As a passionate City fan, it would be quite intimidating to me also.

Tell the whole story, not just the bit that suits you. Winding people up will get a different reaction from different people.

Mocking will not gain you any friends on here pal.

Bring back Bob Bob Super Bob

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Right what’s @Olé done? 

Don't live in West London. Can't stand the place. Literally go through it for Bristol and that includes West End. Too many tourists and slow moving people. SE London now that's another story. :ph34r:

Haven't posted on this thread but also feel like @BobBobSuperBob is a sad loss if he's gone. Often think of him like the host here he posts so much, always very generous in his comments too.

Had a look to see what he said and struck me as very out of character and all I'll say (from experience) is we all make mistakes and say and do things in the heat of the moment. Hope they can be considered in that context. 

Back in the days of the Net Centre nearly 20 years ago if I banned Rovers fans for saying what they were going to do to me as a reaction to comments on a forum, we would've had no Rovers fans and that really would have been boring.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Those that know me personally will know what I mean, but in the past two weeks my world has been turned upside down, and in a crazy way the people on this site have kept me going

I sorry to say I have no idea what you’re referring to, but I’m sad to read it. 

This forum is a bit like that though. I’m not sure how I’d function without it. 

I hope everything becomes more manageable or sorts itself out for you mate. 

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Hi,

I hadn't seen this thread up till now. I was one of the few he messaged, it was consistent and ******* boring. I palmed it off several times by winding him up further, it is quite funny winding those who cannot control their sad little anger bursts up. A few weeks went by of not hearing from the odd psychopath - when another message came. After speaking to Tom it would seem he had several people he liked to message angrily.

A great shame, as, like I explained to him, I enjoyed debating with him and at times agreed with his opinion. The problem with him was, if somebody was seen to disagree with him publicly and make sense, he decided to throw hissy fits in private and offer people out because he didn't like to be on the end of a losing battle with anybody with a brain.

Hopefully a time-out will calm him down and he can come back to be a normal poster who can debate and accept being wrong.

**** me. This comes across as sanctimonious - “come back to be a normal poster who can debate and accept being wrong”.... ******* hell.

And as for blowing smoke up my ass or his as someone else suggested :facepalm:

This thread shows the best and worst of OTIB.

For what it’s worth me and my new found mate will be debating Little Lee over a coffee and a pasty - LIKE ADULTS - tomorrow before the game.

We might not agree. He might call me a count. I might laugh in his face.

We won’t be fighting in the alleyway though. Probably laughing at all of this. As we’ve done by text.

@Maesknoll Red put us out of our misery and lock this thread. Please. I’ll even leave ‘ee another envelope :fingerscrossed:

• Admin
10 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

@Maesknoll Red put us out of our misery and lock this thread. Please. I’ll even leave ‘ee another envelope :fingerscrossed:

Happy to lock it if that’s a serious request, not sure it’s going anywhere now.  Don’t worry about the envelope if I have to go to the Toby pub to collect it........

As a reminder, this forum was originally the official club forum, when the club dropped it, Clik kept it going until the Trust stepped in and shares funding the hosting costs with them. 

For those who might want to push the boundaries a bit further and not have the word filters, please feel free to sign up to  http://www.bristolcityforum.co.uk/   

But don’t forgo the input on here, the vast majority is good debate, with some decent humour chucked into the mix and when someone’s chips are down, there is usually someone who steps in, I hope it carries on like that.

• The topic was locked

Archived