IGNORED

Cotterill got the bullet then

kevthered

33 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just seen the second goal they conceded today. Free kick to Brum midway in the forest half, everyone up from the back bar the keeper and they tried playing it short and make a mess of it. Within seconds forest have a throwing in the Brum half and one diagonal ball and decent finish makes it 2-0.

It doesn’t matter what manager you have in charge when the players make those types of errors over and over again!

Was just about to post something very similar!  The left back goes across to stop the throw in but none of the remaining back 3 bust a gut to get back to cover, by the time the ball is played to the goalscorer no-one is back in position and he has the freedom of the City Ground to score.  Mind you, the goalkeeper didn't cover himself in glory either for the first, straight at him and he fumbled it in, deflection or not he should have stopped/caught it.  No matter who you are, you can't teach that basic stuff.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Eh? We finished 3 points clear

Ok, I see what you mean now. You were referring to last season.

In your response further up the page however you mentioned people who said  "Cotts would've taken us down" and that we survived by the skin of our teeth under LJ. I thought you were talking about the 15/16 season which started with SC in charge and ended with us 12 points above the drop zone with LJ as boss.

Absolutely love Cotts, given me my favourite season following City, sounds like we do an all, proper passionate manager who obviously conflicted with Lansdown's ideas. Think if LJ had been in the same position as he was that season he'd have been given more time.

Nothing but respect for the bloke. Needs a job that suits him.

Birmingham are a basket case and messed up, badly in January when they needed players for the relegation scrap, they don't have any goals in them and a defence that is poor. No matter who you put there, survival will be down to the wire. Their transfer policy the last few years has been awful. Monk should be careful going there, it might end his managerial career. 

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not saying it wasn’t good bill,I was replying to someone who said it’s our greatest season in living history which is clearly nonsense 

I can only speak for myself here, I’ve been going for 42 years and it was the first league title we have won in that time. So for me it it’s the season that gave me the most pleasure.

19 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Why on earth would he be a poor mans warnock? Feigning injury? Time wasting? Shit football. 

Cotts has none of those. 

I know some on here are unappreciative of what he did for us, but poor mans Warnock is bollocks. 

It's not just about what you achieve over a season fella...it's what you do long term for the health of the club. No doubting he produced a great season, but at the cost of so much outside of that season. It's no coincidence we had a bad season after...people can say he wasn't backed as much as they want, but that's not true. The Club would have backed the right decisions, not Dreamland stuff. The guy looks completely short term, if he didn't he may still be here, but he stuffed it up good and proper. Moral of the story....don't agree to do one thing, then go feral... there's only one winner there. Thank God we have an owner who sees long term now and looks out for the good of the club. Unfortunately most fans will only see the results that one season and not what else was happening....because it wasn't publicly documented. Shame.

19 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Seems like the damage was done in the last two windows. 

Yep, something was definitely going in with Birmingham in the last transfer window.

Cotterill set his sights on Jordan Hugill and Kasey Palmer and ended up signing no-one.  He said the squad was unbalanced and weak in certain areas when he took over. I think he was largely undone by the failure to bring in any reinforcements in his only transfer window.

2 minutes ago, sarasin said:

Yep, something was definitely going in with Birmingham in the last transfer window.

Cotterill set his sights on Jordan Hugill and Kasey Palmer and ended up signing no-one.  He said the squad was unbalanced and weak in certain areas when he took over. I think he was largely undone by the failure to bring in any reinforcements in his only transfer window.

SC set his sights on unrealistic signings? Surely not?

One of the problems of being in the relegation zone is attracting high value players. How much did Hugill go for?

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

SC set his sights on unrealistic signings? Surely not?

I'm just stating what his targets were. I didn't say they were realistic. 

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

One of the problems of being in the relegation zone is attracting high value players. 

One of the problems of being in the relegation zone is failing to sign anyone who can improve the squad when you have the opportunity. :rolleyes: 

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How much did Hugill go for?

Soccerbase is your friend :rolleyes:

Archived