IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

9 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

This is making for very painful listening, what on earth goes on at Failand  all week? No one I covering themselves in glory this afternoon but Wright was always given the benefit of the doubt playing out of position on the right, sounds just as bad at CB.

Re Failand, my heart sank this week when LJ said he didn't know what shape he'd play

Hardly gives confidence in terms of planning for the match! Hardly instill confidence in players either, I guess

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Flint doesn't want the official captaincy, if he did I've no doubt he'd have it by now.

If LJ wants it to be one of his signings then Baker would be preferable to Wright, although Baker tends to miss alot of games.

Flint of course has never been sent off in City colours before in over 230 games so to crucify him for one moment of rashness and say he shouldn't be captain because of it seems extreme to me.

He has, of course, also been rash before on the pitch, in ways that are not violent.

I'm not really crucifying Flint for this, in honesty I've never really wanted him as captain. I'm less against him specifically being the captain, more perplexed as to what people have against Wright. You need a calming influence as leader, as well as the geeing up side of things.  

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

He has, of course, also been rash before on the pitch, in ways that are not violent.

I'm not really crucifying Flint for this, in honesty I've never really wanted him as captain. I'm less against him specifically being the captain, more perplexed as to what people have against Wright. You need a calming influence as leader, as well as the geeing up side of things.  

Fair enough, Bailey seems to be keeping them very calm today. :whistle2:

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Point is that they're not playing that way. They're putting in a shite performance and obviously not playing in the same way we did against Derby early on in the season, for example.

Be assed with it at the moment to be honest, I just want to win again :laughcont:

Exactly, I want us to win too, and am prepared to see us occasionally sacrifice attractive football for it.

I think we're trying to play that way but failing miserably, due to individual errors, a poor pitch and harrying from Burton. I don't think Djuric would be at the club if we didn't have to plan to sometimes play long ball football - it's definitely part of how we try and play, sometimes.

PIsano looking good .

Fammy and Bobby lots of energy and good movement.

Kelly not looking out of place. Survived the storm as they evidently targeted left back and has grown into the match .

Baker and Wright are worrying me a bit their ball play out from the back is wobbly . 

Midfield a bit ponderous and Not getting close enough to our front two .

Frankie , rolling the ball out more in recent games and today but giving me palpitations with his indecision.

Let's hope for a decent second half .

Maybe next season we can reach top six or top 2. Cardiff finish second with that team and zero money transfers.... that is rubbish. We can not finish top two and we spend like ten times more than them.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Point is that they're not playing that way. They're putting in a shite performance and obviously not playing in the same way we did against Derby early on in the season, for example.

Be assed with it at the moment to be honest, I just want to win again :laughcont:

P.S Thanks for actually having a conversation rather than making sarcastic jabs and not listening to what people are saying. People are too proud on here to admit that the first thing that came into their head isn't correct - not saying that about you, to be clear.

Archived