IGNORED

If not LJ, then who?

ChippenhamRed

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Would think Silva would be out of our reach, he was sacked due to an unwarranted approach from another premier league club so still in demand potentially at that level.

And if by some miracle we did appoint him, he'd want out as soon as a bigger job came up.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Serious Question

As one of those  relentlessly critical of , and sarcastic to numerous other posters

Do you ever have views on how things could be changed for the better ?

Players, tactical approach , anything else ...........

As all you ever do is snipe at others posts and make stupid sarcastic comments

Can you point me in the direction of the last post you wrote with anything constructive or any ideas of your own ?

The only reason i am critical of other posters is

They have a go at our player and manager Never having done the job themselves

I have ideas how things could be better But as i dont work with the players everyday or have my coaching badges i leave it to somebody how has ie LJ

59 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Mick McCarthy

Steve McClaren 

Alan Pardew

Nigel Pearson 

Slaven Bilic 

Roberto di Matteo

Jaap Stam

Ryan Nelsen

All hungry and with a point to prove one way or another. All more experienced and successful than Lee.

All has beens.  Same old rubbish on the merry- go- round. 

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

The only reason i am critical of other posters is

They have a go at our player and manager Never having done the job themselves

I have ideas how things could be better But as i dont work with the players everyday or have my coaching badges i leave it to somebody how has ie LJ

So what do you expect on a forum then ?

If you didn’t have others to aim your sarcasm at what would you post ?

If everyone left it to LJ and the players and watched without any debate it would all be pretty pointless and boring

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I back LJ to remain in charge based on the principle of season-on-season incremental progress - but equally I understand and share the concern, even alarm, caused by our post-Christmas decline.

Since it now appears to be back in vogue to call for the manager’s head - who is the answer? Who is a realistic candidate who we can we be genuinely confident would do a better job than LJ next season?

Genuine question. Answers on a postcard please, and please give your reasons.

In anticipation - “anyone but LJ” is not an answer.

Can't really think of a name off the top of my head.

So how about getting Dennis Smith back? We played some electric football under him.:P

Here's a thought. If Plymouth don't get promotion,how about Derek Adams? I know a Scotsman named Derek might send a shiver through some fans, but after a torrid run before Christmas following promotion last season, he has turned them around, got them into the playoffs, plus played Vyner at centre half.

And for echoes of John Ward (or worse T*ny P*^is) Dopey Darrell has a more than decent record compared to LJ, especially as his best players have been sold & he has had to recruit from non-league. And if we don't, someone in the Championship eventually will. And I would rather have a manager who gets a team playing well and talking s*it, than one who talks well but his team plays like s*it!

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So what do you expect on a forum then ?

If you didn’t have others to aim your sarcasm at what would you post ?

If everyone left it to LJ and the players and watched without any debate it would all be pretty pointless and boring

Who in this thread have i aimed sarcasm at?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh FFS

Pardiola - won one game in charge of WBA with, at base ability level, a squad that was not as bad as they’ve shown in the prem Hugely experienced top flight manager 

Stam - gone on as bad a run post last years playoffs as we are currently Reached the play offs. 

Di Matteo -  had the hugely resourced Villa at this level and couldn’t succeed Won the Champions League

McClaren - oversaw a Derby slump at least as bad as our current one is, with more cash. Boro FC Twente 

Ignoring whether it’s right or wrong to can LJ, how are the above better candidates???

3 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Who in this thread have i aimed sarcasm at?

In this thread  ?

Try your posts full stop

Have a look back at your posts as far back as you wish

One thing disagreeing and thrashing out an opinion but merely to snipe and throw sarcasm and have no view or ideas of your own at any point is something different

Those suggesting Dean Smith and Paul Cook are not facing facts.

Smith is favourite for the West Brom job this summer, a bigger club than us with Prem parachute payments in the part of the world Smith was born in.

Cook is s Scouser who left Pompey for a much smaller club in Wigan because they are in his native North West.

Neither are realistic shouts.

7 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

And for echoes of John Ward (or worse T*ny P*^is) Dopey Darrell has a more than decent record compared to LJ, especially as his best players have been sold & he has had to recruit from non-league. And if we don't, someone in the Championship eventually will. And I would rather have a manager who gets a team playing well and talking s*it, than one who talks well but his team plays like s*it!

Does he?

Recent losses to the likes of Wimbledon & Fleetwood...

Miles behind the likes of Shrewsbury..

I find Clarke obnoxious in the extreme and would rather give LJ a ten year contract than appoint that****.

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Stam - look at this year, took a team from play offs to struggling 

Di Matteo - took over Chelsea at the last 16 stage, had Napoli and Benfica which saw him to the semi finals and from there anything could have happened. At Villa after spending a hefty amount in the summer (McCormack, Kodjia etc) 12 games, 1 win, 7 draws and 4 defeats. 0.8 points per match.

McClaren - has now failed a few times at this level and has often had considerable resources. 

Pardew - Would need big wages for himself and a big budget to convince him not to wait for the next premier league job to come round. Also at Palace 14 game winless run after January a couple of seasons ago, sound familiar? Less said about West Brom the better. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

More to the point, we’re about to finish higher than we have in the last ten years so highly unlikely to be looking for a replacement manager. 

Yeah but why let that stop people ;)

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Stam - look at this year, took a team from play offs to struggling 

Di Matteo - took over Chelsea at the last 16 stage, had Napoli and Benfica which saw him to the semi finals and from there anything could have happened. At Villa after spending a hefty amount in the summer (McCormack, Kodjia etc) 12 games, 1 win, 7 draws and 4 defeats. 0.8 points per match.

McClaren - has now failed a few times at this level and has often had considerable resources. 

Pardew - Would need big wages for himself and a big budget to convince him not to wait for the next premier league job to come round. Also at Palace 14 game winless run after January a couple of seasons ago, sound familiar? Less said about West Brom the better. 

You’d rather stick with Lee?

Just now, hodge said:

Yeah but why let that stop people ;)

Because based on the second half of the season we would be battling relegation yet again. Continue like this at the beginning of next season, and the chorus of murmuring discontent will become a full-throated roar of anger at rank ineptitude at a number of levels within the club.

I really hope we can start next season like we started this but unless there is a dramatic change we could easily continue this form into August & September, just like we took last season's end of season form into this one.

2 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Paul Cook or Dean Smith

I would take Dean Smith tomorrow, he will be snapped up by a top Champ side soon - sets his side up to play quality football. Have watched Brentford a few times this season and been  impressed with them every time. Underrated team IMO!

BUT LJ is going nowhere - FACT!

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Those suggesting Dean Smith and Paul Cook are not facing facts.

Smith is favourite for the West Brom job this summer, a bigger club than us with Prem parachute payments in the part of the world Smith was born in.

Cook is s Scouser who left Pompey for a much smaller club in Wigan because they are in his native North West.

Neither are realistic shouts.

Sensible comments re both Graham

Although Smith will definitely be in the mix But as a good left field bet wouldn’t be surprised to see Allardyce at WBA next season 

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I reckon most would be happy with Pearson or McClaren (if they can forget that penalty miss).

I wouldnt mind Pearson

Saying that I want who ever our manager is to succeed. At this time its LJ

I would be happy to have Warnock Holloway or any other hated manager if it meant we had success 

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

I wouldnt mind Pearson

Saying that I want who ever our manager is to succeed. At this time its LJ

I would be happy to have Warnock Holloway or any other hated manager if it meant we had success 

Same here. Don’t give a rats arse who our manager is if they are successful. 

As things stand the two most successful managers at the club in my lifetime of following City are both called Johnson

Southampton have got manager recruitment down the right way (99% of the time, this season/last season they got greedy wanting to improve on Puel) but the club should set out its playing and recruiting philosophies and recruit managers who fit those styles, not up heave the club every time a new manager comes in. 

Archived