IGNORED

Warnock and Cardiff bottling it

MC RISK77

6 minutes ago, RedReynard said:

On football on five last night Warnock said "I'll be crossing that bridge later in the week"

Hope that's not like Tomlin's cryptic quotes last year and he's on his way to Bristol..........:englandsmile4wf:

or the fact that his family home is in betwee  Launceston and Plymouth.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He likes us....called us a proper club in a great stadium with proper fans....has never really hidden the fact that he’d wanted to manage us at some point...

Exactly that, NW's never hidden his admiration for everything BCFC, and has been particularly complimentary, on several occasions, of the passionate support shown by City fans.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He likes us....called us a proper club in a great stadium with proper fans....has never really hidden the fact that he’d wanted to manage us at some point...

Where/when did he say that?

3 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

What ******* foundations has LJ built?

I can’t be arsed to spell it out.  If you can’t see the foundations that are being built then that’s your problem.    Cardiff for example have no foundations at all and when they go up they will fail miserably and be mid table championship for years to come.  We on the other hand are building the youth setup, improving the brand, marketing etc and when we go up we will have a better foundation to stay there 

39 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I can’t be arsed to spell it out.  If you can’t see the foundations that are being built then that’s your problem.    Cardiff for example have no foundations at all and when they go up they will fail miserably and be mid table championship for years to come.  We on the other hand are building the youth setup, improving the brand, marketing etc and when we go up we will have a better foundation to stay there 

How are we doing that?

5 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

To quote Colin from today's Mail on Sunday "We are not everyone's cup of tea but we are not going away" 

He also said "It's great being the manager of this lot"  Do you think promotion (or not) he will be there next season, or could you see Chris Coleman in charge?

Coleman’s a Jack. can’t see him ever managing Cardiff. they booed him at their place v Sunderland 

48 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Yeh but you also posted that LJ has achieved more in his first eight years of management than Warnock did in his first eight years of management...that laughable view shows that you know nothing....leaving aside the fact LJ has only been a manager for five years...

57 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Well perhaps it would be better if you did spell it out and we could banish the myrh, cause from where I'm looking we are behind where we were 10 years ago, our under 23's get battered more often than not and our marketing is an unmitigated disaster! But hey ho opinions egh

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

But we won’t ever go up because we haven’t got what it takes, Cardiff on the other hand are on the verge of the Prem again and will be worth hundreds of millions.. That mate is a foundation!!!

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Cardiff failed miserably last time they went up and are now on the verge of going back up again. So there’s an immediate flaw in your “mid table Championship for years to come” theory.

Still, at least we’re improving the brand hey.

13 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

But we won’t ever go up because we haven’t got what it takes, Cardiff on the other hand are on the verge of the Prem again and will be worth hundreds of millions.. That mate is a foundation!!!

No. They will go up. Buy badly, struggle, panic buy old players on big wages, get relegated and end up like another club with no foundations.  Sunderland 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Cardiff failed miserably last time they went up and are now on the verge of going back up again. So there’s an immediate flaw in your “mid table Championship for years to come” theory.

Still, at least we’re improving the brand hey.

I’ve got work colleagues that follow CARDIFF.  They don’t enjoy watching them , they know their owners will suck any profit out of the club 

I’d rather be us than them but that’s my personal preference 

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but you also posted that LJ has achieved more in his first eight years of management than Warnock did in his first eight years of management...that laughable view shows that you know nothing....leaving aside the fact LJ has only been a manager for five years...

Saying that I know nothing is a pretty stupid comment 

I typed wrong I know he has only managed for 5 years.  I’m a LJ fan of sorts , I see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes and I’m excited for the future of our club.   I can’t do anything if you don’t agree with me and I also won’t lose any sleep over it

10 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I’ve got work colleagues that follow CARDIFF.  They don’t enjoy watching them , they know their owners will suck any profit out of the club 

I’d rather be us than them but that’s my personal preference 

The football isn't pretty by any stretch.. But you don't win games. Watching my side win more or less week in week out this season i must admit has been incredibly enjoyable.

And going on your previous comment further up, we may indeed come straight back down. Very likely actually... But I'd rather we went up, spent little money and then come back down in a better financial position and fight for promotion again, than be in your position. Clueless manager without any idea how to see a game out, let alone a season.

If they do go up, I'll be intrigued to see how well Warnock fares and how well the owner takes it. I could imagine them initially struggling and the owner making a knee-jerk sacking before Christmas. It happened to Warnock after he got QPR promoted with similarly unpredictable owners.

12 minutes ago, Super said:

It's over not a chance Reading will get anything. Congrats to Cardiff deserve to go up.

Shake it anyway you like Cardiff City have battled all season and unless they mess up against a dreadful Reading they are up,after  losing at home to Wolves and missing 2 penalties followed up by losing 1-0 at Villa that would have finished many a team   at Derby County they took the lead and lost but Neil Warnock has yet again pulled the rabbit out of the hat.

They may well come back down but at least it will be a second go at the Premiership under a manager who has nothing to prove, as opposed to a clueless tactical shambles that has failed and is already prepairing next seasons excuses .

12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I typed wrong I know he has only managed for 5 years.  I’m a LJ fan of sorts , I see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes and I’m excited for the future of our club.   I can’t do anything if you don’t agree with me and I also won’t lose any sleep over it

Fair enough, apologies for saying you know nothing. But comparing LJ’s early management record to that of Warnock and saying LJ has achieved more thus far is incorrect....

12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Please share -

:yawn:

(Is it the standard of catering and nibbles ?)

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In a couple of interviews and his book...

It’s actually a very good read....it’s the real him, not his well-rehearsed media persona....

LJ has a book out but it’s only available as an e-book. The only problem is that half way through it continually crashes!

8 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

The football isn't pretty by any stretch.. But you don't win games. Watching my side win more or less week in week out this season i must admit has been incredibly enjoyable.

And going on your previous comment further up, we may indeed come straight back down. Very likely actually... But I'd rather we went up, spent little money and then come back down in a better financial position and fight for promotion again, than be in your position. Clueless manager without any idea how to see a game out, let alone a season.

Pains me to say it but your correct in your observations ref LJ! When the going gets tough his ideas soon run out & he reverts to hoof ball and usually (recently) no shots on target!! Has taken inconsistency to a whole new level!! Still apparently he will definitely get it right one day! (god help us) 

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

Not entirely sure what that claim is based on - Cardiff's U/18s just finished a respectable 3rd in the Professional Development League, 17 points ahead of Bristol City. Craig Bellamy has been brought in to help nurture our youngsters.

Pretty balanced comments overall in this thread to be fair.

Annoyed me as a player (But what a good player)

Has highly impressed me as a pundit and on radio when discussing and dissecting the game and talking about his learning , (sensible humble and grounded ) as a coach - Said on here a few times I think he may well turn out to be a very good Head Coach / No 1

Will be interesting to see how he goes when he moves into a No 1 spot

Guess that your likely promotion may mean that a chance to do that at Cardiff may not be imminent and he will cut his teeth elsewhere - or do you think he has any chance of landing the No 1 job at Cardiff when it’s next available .

Archived