IGNORED

Warnock and Cardiff bottling it

MC RISK77

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

One question.

has Colin had Botox? Watched an interview yesterday and his face didn’t seem to move at all, and WTF is going on with his eyebrows??

That's two questions isn't it?

4 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

You can have a little browse through those previous posts if you'd like. Never once did I say that we were going up.. That's not my style. But Superior to Bristol?... Yeah I bang on about that all day long.

Welcome back...Where have you been?

Disgraceful that any award for Manager of the Year has already been given. To give it to 'Bottling No-Mates', boss of 'orrible Baardiff just makes it worse. Surely Wolves, Fulham would be better candidates and, if promoted via the play offs Wilder or Harris will have done twice the job of the B N-M

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

@pillred You can have a little browse through those previous posts if you'd like. Never once did I say that we were going up.. That's not my style. But Superior to Bristol?... Yeah I bang on about that all day long.

looks like you wont be playing us again, thought we might meet in the play offs but we have right royally effed up the end of our season, don't ask any of us how it happened to say we didn't see it coming would be an understatement, though we do have previous of being capable of going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

looks like you wont be playing us again, thought we might meet in the play offs but we have right royally effed up the end of our season, don't ask any of us how it happened to say we didn't see it coming would be an understatement, though we do have previous of being capable of going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

From what I’ve seen, I’ve can’t really put my finger on why your season’s gone to shit. Has the style of football changed? Defending fallen apart? Or just not taking chances?

2 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

From what I’ve seen, I’ve can’t really put my finger on why your season’s gone to shit. Has the style of football changed? Defending fallen apart? Or just not taking chances?

correct on all three I'm afraid, oh well onto next season though some still cling to the hope we can still do it.

10 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

Yes we have tried playing like you.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:48, chinapig said:

And the quality of Fulham's football would be much more suited to the PL than Warnock's ugly brand.

I think that is the wrong way to look at it.  Warnock's goal, successful thus far, is to get Cardiff into the Premier League.  How he gets there is unimportant, what is important is that he gets there.  It looks to me as though they will do it.  If and when they get promoted, it is important they stay there the first year as the stats are not friendly to promoted teams in year one. In year two, he and Cardiff might then look at the style of football they play. 

To me and you, football is both pleasure and leisure.  To Chairman, football is business, moreso than ever now with the vast sums of money at stake.

12 hours ago, pillred said:

correct on all three I'm afraid, oh well onto next season though some still cling to the hope we can still do it.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Yes we have tried playing like you.

18 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Quite true. Ever since Cardiff away, where LJ tried to out-Warnock Warnock, we've been pretty poor.

I think it's been shown with Cardiff this season that if you don't have the money and massive names in your squad, you need to be clever with your fixtures.

I feel we've had a massive edge over Bristol this season just down to the basic "road to victory" style of play Warnock's implemented. 6 hours on the bus one way to Norwich on Saturday was a perfect example of that.. They outplayed us, but we kept it tight and fought to the end and nicked it for a massive three points.

LJ played a fantastic brand of football that had all of Bristol hoping for promotion.. but when there's no plan B, or teams work you out, there's not a lot to fall back on.. But it's all a learning experience I suppose.

Good luck for the run in lads.

13 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I think it's been shown with Cardiff this season that if you don't have the money and massive names in your squad, you need to be clever with your fixtures.

I feel we've had a massive edge over Bristol this season just down to the basic "road to victory" style of play Warnock's implemented. 6 hours on the bus one way to Norwich on Saturday was a perfect example of that.. They outplayed us, but we kept it tight and fought to the end and nicked it for a massive three points.

LJ played a fantastic brand of football that had all of Bristol hoping for promotion.. but when there's no plan B, or teams work you out, there's not a lot to fall back on.. But it's all a learning experience I suppose.

Good luck for the run in lads.

Thanks, but just to pick you up on one point. Not sure all of Bristol were hoping for our promotion. ;)

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, Cardiff are ‘bottling it’ - 2nd place towards the end of April with a game in hand on Fulham....only fools underestimate Warnock..

Go to bed Mrs Warnock. Colin will be getting lonely. 

I watched Cardiff's game tonight and you can't really argue with the outcome. Cardiff play to their strengths and take their chances especially from set pieces. I have nothing against Cardiff as I've never seen them as a rival. There is no 'derby' against them, FFS they're from a different country (not that Wales is a country).

I hope they do get promoted. Fulham are, no doubt, a superior footballing side but that's not what counts in the final analysis. Points on the board is all that matters.

I like Colin he's a shrewd operator (isn't that a song?)

I suspect they may struggle in the Prem but I doubt Cardiff fans will mind. One year in the 'promised land' sets you up for a fair few seasons in the Championship should it go tits up.

Go Cardiff, I hope you get there.

31 minutes ago, Malbec said:

I watched Cardiff's game tonight and you can't really argue with the outcome. Cardiff play to their strengths and take their chances especially from set pieces. I have nothing against Cardiff as I've never seen them as a rival. There is no 'derby' against them, FFS they're from a different country (not that Wales is a country).

I hope they do get promoted. Fulham are, no doubt, a superior footballing side but that's not what counts in the final analysis. Points on the board is all that matters.

I like Colin he's a shrewd operator (isn't that a song?)

I suspect they may struggle in the Prem but I doubt Cardiff fans will mind. One year in the 'promised land' sets you up for a fair few seasons in the Championship should it go tits up.

Go Cardiff, I hope you get there.

Great post.

If we go up, we’ll definitely struggle. Ideally for me which maybe different to other Cardiff fans views, would be to go up, spend little money.. tackle the debt and if we come back down, be in a better position to fight for Promotion again. 

My greatest years following football have been in this division. Part of me wishes we’d never leave.

1 minute ago, BlueDredd said:

Great post.

If we go up, we’ll definitely struggle. Ideally for me which maybe different to other Cardiff fans views, would be to go up, spend little money.. tackle the debt and if we come back down, be in a better position to fight for Promotion again. 

My greatest years following football have been in this division. Part of me wishes we’d never leave.

I can't argue with your logic regarding spending, I'd hope you (Board/Club)  can see what's at stake overall and don't spend beyond your means in a, possibly, futile attempt to stay up.

I like Cardiff as a club, never liked Swansea, and I don't have a media/fan poisoned agenda regarding you. I hope you get to the Prem as an auto and manage to stay there. If you don't then, what the heck, you'll be richer (literally) for the experience.

Go Bluebirds. And go NW, he's nearly 70, you know.

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

Great post.

Shut up bluedreed. Swansea will humiliate you. You going any where see you next season. 

7 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Shut up bluedreed. Swansea will humiliate you. You going any where see you next season. 

So which is it?.. Swansea will humiliate us, or we’re not going anywhere? Doesn’t look like we can have both seeing as they’re in a different league.

if we don’t go up, I’ll look forward to finishing above Bristol again next season.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, Cardiff are ‘bottling it’ - 2nd place towards the end of April with a game in hand on Fulham....only fools underestimate Warnock..

You do come across as even more passionate about Neil Warnock than Bristol City 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I really wish this thread would go away. Accusing our rivals of bottling it while they’re second and we’re 10th having blown a 4-2 lead at home is not exactly a strong position to argue from.

Yes it’s embarrassing. Like saying Colin is a dinosaur and not a long term manager and we don’t want a 70 year old etc.

Like him or loathe him he gets teams out of this division.

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

You do come across as even more passionate about Neil Warnock than Bristol City 

No,  I’m just passionate about success and having someone at the helm who has proved they can do it at this level, that’s all. After following our boys home and away for well over 40 years I just want to see some ‘real’ success....can’t see anything wrong with that...we don’t appoint ‘proven’ managers though....Coppell was the last one but that didn’t turn out too well...

Archived