IGNORED

Warnock and Cardiff bottling it

MC RISK77

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He has seven promotions already he is going for a record 8th which was what the poster was talking about to whom you replied...

Fair enough, understand your point now.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I would suggest that Johnson has done more in his first 8 years than Warnock did in his first 8 years 

Got Scarborough promoted to the football league in that time period, then went to Notts County at the end of that where they got three promotions

11 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I would suggest that Johnson has done more in his first 8 years than Warnock did in his first 8 years   Warnock hasn’t failed.  He is very good as what he does   Can he build a squad and build foundations for this / a club that will set us up for years to come ....no  so he is not right for this club or the vision of SL 

This got me thinking do I done some research. 

He promoted Notts County to div 1. Since then they’ve dropped to League 2. Huddersfield, since then dropped to League 2, although they’ve recovered now. Sheff Utd. Since the prem they’ve spent a lot of time in League 1. Palace, he left them in financial troubles and they were relegated shortly after. Same happened at QPR. 

So, is he really good at making teams overachieve? or does he supply a few years of success followed by many of disappointment? 

On 22/04/2018 at 02:41, Malbec said:

I watched Cardiff's game tonight and you can't really argue with the outcome. Cardiff play to their strengths and take their chances especially from set pieces. I have nothing against Cardiff as I've never seen them as a rival. There is no 'derby' against them, FFS they're from a different country (not that Wales is a country).

I hope they do get promoted. Fulham are, no doubt, a superior footballing side but that's not what counts in the final analysis. Points on the board is all that matters.

I like Colin he's a shrewd operator (isn't that a song?)

I suspect they may struggle in the Prem but I doubt Cardiff fans will mind. One year in the 'promised land' sets you up for a fair few seasons in the Championship should it go tits up.

Go Cardiff, I hope you get there.

Smooth Operator, by SADE.

But, then, you probably knew that, didn't you? ;)

Still bottling it I see. As much as I detest Cardiff and know all too well of our history between City and Warnock I would gladly trade places and managers today. 

All of those vocal fans going on about him being  ‘short term’ and ‘rubbish’ and ‘too old’ whilst raving about our long-term up and coming manager may very well need to take a long hard look at themselves and the knowledge they think they have about football. 

The title of this thread is as embarrassing as those comments, certainly when you consider where we have gone since Christmas.

On 24/04/2018 at 22:16, GrahamC said:

Think it is seven.

Highly successful, shit to watch and he’s a *** though..

He’s a manager what do you expect.

i wouldn’t doubt his team love him though.

What do you prefer, shit to watch & winning? Or shit to watch, no shots on target & few wins since Christmas?

14 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Still bottling it I see. As much as I detest Cardiff and know all too well of our history between City and Warnock I would gladly trade places and managers today. 

All of those vocal fans going on about him being  ‘short term’ and ‘rubbish’ and ‘too old’ whilst raving about our long-term up and coming manager may very well need to take a long hard look at themselves and the knowledge they think they have about football. 

The title of this thread is as embarrassing as those comments, certainly when you consider where we have gone since Christmas.

Ran out of likes

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:16, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I would suggest that Johnson has done more in his first 8 years than Warnock did in his first 8 years   Warnock hasn’t failed.  He is very good as what he does   Can he build a squad and build foundations for this / a club that will set us up for years to come ....no  so he is not right for this club or the vision of SL 

Not sure about that. I thought the vision was to make more money and keep on making it. There's more than one way to do that. He can get us into the premier league and we'll get plenty of cash in early (a money man should know about that). He doesn't have to stay for the long term, it'll just be a means to an end. Premier League money doesn't just have to be wasted on journeymen, it can be invested in things that will attract young talent. A trip to the Premier League will take us a level. Sadly, I don't think waiting forever for a fairytale will see us progress at a sufficient rate. We may see some progress, but it's all about the rate of progression compared to other teams it we want to move up. 

Lads still not counting my chickens yet , footballs a funny old game .If it does go tits up on Sunday we will at least have the chance via the playoffs.

yes we massively over achieved  this year wasn’t expecting it .

I know it’s no consolation but I think you have had quite a good season , in the words of Russel Crowe  in gladiator ....are you not entertained.

Did the cup run , rip up your season or was it something else.

#inwarnockwetrust

For all the talk about Warnock’s style of football, I’m struggling to imagine Cardiff have been any worse to watch than us for the last 4 months.

Anyway I’ve watched City for 30 years and seen plenty of entertaining and attractive football. None of it has ever delivered the ultimate prize. I’d happily trade entertainment temporarily for some tangible success.

On 25/04/2018 at 09:31, Super said:

Hull is the big game for them. If they need to beat Reading to go up it's all over.

Listening to SSN on Saturday afternoon, the reporter at the ground stated "Cardiff are ahead and with 20 minutes to go, are just seeing out the game. Hull have nothing to offer".

Is that the same Hull who City couldn't see the game out against just seven days before? If so, Warnock has taught his team better tactics than LJ has to his.

To quote Colin from today's Mail on Sunday "We are not everyone's cup of tea but we are not going away" 

He also said "It's great being the manager of this lot"  Do you think promotion (or not) he will be there next season, or could you see Chris Coleman in charge?

On 25/04/2018 at 11:54, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

This got me thinking do I done some research. 

He promoted Notts County to div 1. Since then they’ve dropped to League 2. Huddersfield, since then dropped to League 2, although they’ve recovered now. Sheff Utd. Since the prem they’ve spent a lot of time in League 1. Palace, he left them in financial troubles and they were relegated shortly after. Same happened at QPR. 

So, is he really good at making teams overachieve? or does he supply a few years of success followed by many of disappointment? 

I dream of a few years of success. 

On 24/04/2018 at 22:16, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

What ******* foundations has LJ built?

5 hours ago, 22A said:

Listening to SSN on Saturday afternoon, the reporter at the ground stated "Cardiff are ahead and with 20 minutes to go, are just seeing out the game. Hull have nothing to offer".

Is that the same Hull who City couldn't see the game out against just seven days before? If so, Warnock has taught his team better tactics than LJ has to his.

Hull have failed to score in their last 3 home games but have scored 10 in their last two away.

Weird, eh?

Really disappointed Abel Hernandez wasn’t involved, obvious that he is off in the summer but he has 8 goals in his only 8 starts this season and would have given them more to worry about.

6 hours ago, 22A said:

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hull have failed to score in their last 3 home games but have scored 10 in their last two away.

Weird, eh?

Really disappointed Abel Hernandez wasn’t involved, obvious that he is off in the summer but he has 8 goals in his only 8 starts this season and would have given them more to worry about.

The reporter pre match described Hulls side as a ‘weakened side’

No Hernandez, , No Larson , amongst others

Gifted

Archived