IGNORED

Is Lee Johnson in credit?

Fordy62

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I recall you being quite impressed with our recruitment strategy when it was presented by MA/LJ at AG earlier this season. What do you think has gone/is going wrong?

Not sure tbh Kid

I looked back at the q&a  the other day

It all sounded well resourced in terms of analysis and a good base to work from

It was made clear then that we had a number of people including LJ to get ‘eyes on’ and watch the prospective signing before making a bid

When I look at some of the recruits, the loans in particular  I simply can’t see this - Diony being an obvious example - I simply cannot see he was performing for St Ettienne this season to arrive as he had

I would also suggest that the recruitment is muddled in so much there is insufficient careful consideration given to where they fit for us nd in essence the way they fit into our way of playing and where they fit into the jigsaw

Having a bit of experience in the field I simply don’t think you can beat watching players ‘eyes on’ - even then you need to understand the Head Coaches philosophy and specific requirements in that player rather than simply if he impresses ( A player who is impresses And is indeed decent won’t necessarily be a good fit for a particular team squad)

The initial eyes on the ground - the abilities of that / those scouts are key for me - I’m not sure or convincmced we are in any way organised or have this nailed down - historically (For decades) This Club has not (ever possibly) had a good scouting / recruiting set up 

The

<Planning - playing ethos-recruiting - coaching>  

links are intrinsically linked , all knit into the each other IMHO and I think something that we havnt got right

i think the last summer window was more focused (Pisano Baker FD) although I’m still confused how FD Who was clearly going to be a starter at that fee, fits into Lees busy bee philosophy 

I have to say I’d still be looking to do most of our business in UK , where I feel it’s easier to judge how a player may adapt to the demands of the Championship.

I also wonder whether we’ve gone too far with the DNA / right types - I think we could do with some more ‘winners’ with an edge (They don’t need to be a******^s like Tomlin to have that - good wily pros - Wilbs type)

The recruitment is key to me and having 3 heads of recruitment in 3 years tells its own story

Id love to know the details and the truth

Theres a spanner in the works somewhere

Is the recruitment process as described at the q&a Or is there interference or influence in that process - Not sure whether it’s that or being quite blunt whether Lees actually a good Judge of a player and how they fit 

Funny enough they are just emphasising the importance of recruitment on ‘The debate’

Also heard a Pep quote today - Asked how to build a good side he replied 

‘Buy good players’

Not quite that simple (He also happens to be a fantastic coach that makes very good / top players even better !) but the first step to success or failure

Easy link back to the q&a session and what was said by LJ / MA about recruitment if anyone wants to look back at it

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:17, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let’s hope he has a well planned and thought out shopping list next time round

His recruitment is a bit like him going to Sainsburys to get some ingredients to cook Mrs J a meal

Doesnt have a list as such but has a really nice idea / plan in his head

Once in the store he gets distracted with some fancy packaging and some weekly offers

Returns home with some Yorkshire puddings , a bag of rice. , some washing up powder and some oranges

Emptying his bag on the kitchen worktop he wonders how he’s going to actually make a nice meal ......

Easy. Who doesn`t like steamed orange flavoured rice served in a Yorkshire pudding.

Yum.

Archived