IGNORED

Is Lee Johnson in credit?

Fordy62

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Of course not but can you really see it,bobby will be off in the summer and do you trust lee to sign players good enough because I bloody don’t 

Interesting point. It’s oretty certain we’ll start next season without the two of our own. That’s a severely weakened team. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Interesting point. It’s oretty certain we’ll start next season without the two of our own. That’s a severely weakened team. 

Losing Tammy last season and Kodjia the season before seriously weakened the team according to some.

33 minutes ago, hodge said:

So finishing 7th would be a sack-able finish? Get real

I think if there is complete  compitulation like this season and we finish 7th then I would question the ambition of the board if they didn’t.

Sonething isn’t right with how Lee Johnson does it BUT that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be allowed to try and get it right next season 

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t think League position is the only factor - performances do count and we could potentially have more points but finish lower depending on how other teams do.

But I want to finish next season feeling we have moved closer to promotion than we are now. If we do not do that then you would have to question if LJ had taken us as far as he can.

This is the absolute key for me. That doesn't have to mean making the playoffs, but seeing genuine signs that the team and coaching staff are improving and learning.

I guarantee that if we'd been around this position all season, with reasonably consistent form throughout, people would not be having the debates that are currently taking place about whether LJ is up to it. That's the major thing that even his biggest fans would acknowledge that he has to address, these runs of sustained good or bad form are seemingly ever present and are a major obstacle for him to overcome if he's to succeed either here or elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

Frankly yes I do, the players we've brought in as 1st XI players have generally been successful, obviously you have your Diony's and O'Neil's but I look at our strikers as an example. LJ recruited Abraham who replaced Kodjia (yes Kodjia left after Tammy signed but was JK was being played out of position/on bench, and I mean replacing him in the starting XI). We've then replaced Tammy with Diedhiou and the conversion of Reid. Given we're not languishing at the bottom of the table more players could be inclined to move to us, I don't look at January as that's not truly indicative of a team's recruitment capability, we like to do our work in the summer by the looks of it where we've generally been good.  

For as good Tammy was on loan and let’s be honest even lee didn’t expect that season from him I will give you Woodrow,should we forget the 2+ million he spent on engvall who hasn’t even got a look in and will be gone in the summer 

I don’t know where I stand on LJ.

In some cases I defend him....we have 17th/18th biggest budget in the division.

But others are punching above their weight too.

I like the way Reid and O’Dowda have improved under LJ!

But our recruitment has been "inconsistent" especially if you base it on his intelligence, statistical and thorough it’s meant to be"

I liked the pre-Xmas style.

I disliked the strung out performance (mainly away from home).

I’ve often defended him against the tough championship and we are only in our third season back and it takes time to develop us.

But Preston did it in 15/16 (half a season under Cotts)

Barnsley did better than us last season.

Millwall and Sheffield United are giving it a right go in their first season back up.  That angers me.  

So i’m Really mixed.

I suspect him, MA and SL will have a very interesting end of season review!

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

For as good Tammy was on loan and let’s be honest even lee didn’t expect that season from him I will give you Woodrow,should we forget the 2+ million he spent on engvall who hasn’t even got a look in and will be gone in the summer 

I said 1XI, Woodrow was never intended as a 1st XI player given Diedhiou and Reid, Engvall may have been rushed into signing given when we sold Kodjia, I don't think we'd have signed him if Kodjia hadn't left. So we probably rushed to get someone in. if we look outside the 1st XI Taylor for £300,000 = success, Djuric at £1.6m we can see what he brings, been unlucky with injuries but I don't think you can say its a bad deal even if you can't say its a success. 

For me you can't just talk about this season but your have to look at his hole time at city and I think he has failed for more of his time hear then he's been successfully, 

Having the ability to on on a good run for 10 games is never going to take us up, and that seams the best he can get out of a side, 

We have been in relegation form since Xmas and he has no idea how to change things, so no for me a good cup run and stay to this season don't put him in credit for his time as our manager

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t know where I stand on LJ.

In some cases I defend him....we have 17th/18th biggest budget in the division.

But others are punching above their weight too.

I like the way Reid and O’Dowda have improved under LJ!

But our recruitment has been "inconsistent" especially if you base it on his intelligence, statistical and thorough it’s meant to be"

I liked the pre-Xmas style.

I disliked the strung out performance (mainly away from home).

I’ve often defended him against the tough championship and we are only in our third season back and it takes time to develop us.

But Preston did it in 15/16 (half a season under Cotts)

Barnsley did better than us last season.

Millwall and Sheffield United are giving it a right go in their first season back up.  That angers me.  

So i’m Really mixed.

I suspect him, MA and SL will have a very interesting end of season review!

Promoted teams are always liable to give it a go first season they're up, they have momentum and still have the feel good factor, its also why so many teams suffer double relegations from the prem. Next season will be interesting to see how both do. 

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

For me you can't just talk about this season but your have to look at his hole time at city and I think he has failed for more of his time hear then he's been successfully, 

Having the ability to on on a good run for 10 games is never going to take us up, and that seams the best he can get out of a side, 

We have been in relegation form since Xmas and he has no idea how to change things, so no for me a good cup run and stay to this season don't put him in credit for his time as our manager

That's why we are relegated, oh wait...

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Pretty sure its not... Its been shite but pretty sure we still come out around 17th.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I said 1XI, Woodrow was never intended as a 1st XI player given Diedhiou and Reid, Engvall may have been rushed into signing given when we sold Kodjia, I don't think we'd have signed him if Kodjia hadn't left. So we probably rushed to get someone in. if we look outside the 1st XI Taylor for £300,000 = success, Djuric at £1.6m we can see what he brings, been unlucky with injuries but I don't think you can say its a bad deal even if you can't say its a success. 

Taylor has been a success really? granted it was fun taking him of the rovers but he’s hardly been a success 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Promoted teams are always liable to give it a go first season they're up, they have momentum and still have the feel good factor, its also why so many teams suffer double relegations from the prem. Next season will be interesting to see how both do. 

Why didn’t we then, as we were probably one of, if not the best teams to come up from Lg1?

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Taylor has been a success really? granted it was fun taking him of the rovers but he’s hardly been a success 

Financially I mean, £300,000 to buy him, how much do you think his assist for Smith was worth getting us the semi final? pretty sure if we sell him this summer we'll also make a profit on £300,000. 

4 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm sick of these types of questions! Is our position better than last year? the answer is yes, and is there progress, the answer is yes.

True but it's fair to say there are grounds for concern and issues to be addressed if progress is to continue.

Shades of grey and all that.

Yes he is in credit; we are improving each season. Some of the football this season was the best for a long time. But I don’t think the current squad is good and consistent enough for promotion.

I am excited by the future; for players like Kelly. I am also not too concerned if we lose some of our ‘stars’ in the summer provided we get decent fees. Players come and go and, you never know, the replacements may be good and consistent enough for promotion.

I love what Smith and Pack have done for this club since the league one days, and they do still have roles to play, but we do need different options in there. If we see Brownhill as a future central midfielder, I would play him in there for the rest of the season to see what he can do there. If not, we need to recruit.

I also do not blame LJ for the goals from corners we conceded today; the players have to take responsibility for that.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why didn’t we then, as we were probably one of, if not the best teams to come up from Lg1?

You'd have to ask SC that question as we had a much better squad than the one Gary Johnson took to a play off final.

The thing is football is unpredictable and there are no easy answers. Which is what makes it so great. Or infuriating as the case may be. :grr:

Before this horrendous run he was in credit with me.

Now I have to judge based on the fact we have suffered another horrendous run of form, signed yet more players to an over-inflated squad that haven't improved the first team or provided adequate competition for places, and we look like slipping away from what seemed a certain play off position.

Not good, not good at all.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Cotts rigidity to 532 and his targeting players out of our reach for me

Indeed, he shot himself in the foot being so stubborn.

Mind you plenty of fans are still demanding we go for exactly those sorts of players.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Cotts rigidity to 532 and his targeting players out of our reach for me

Or players that were almost over the line and the deal then interfered with by Pelling? :whistle:

I don’t disagree with you, as I do not know how true the above statement is.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Or players that were almost over the line and the deal then interfered with by Pelling? :whistle:

I don’t disagree with you, as I do not know how true the above statement is.

I've heard the rumours as well, given Pelling's departure not long after there may be truth or the fact he's not sticking at clubs very long could just mean he's shit at his job

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - but judging by a similar number of factors and analysis I believe people arenover using our (albeit dropping) league position this year as clear evidence of progress that will continue 

I think it’s being used to justify keeping him in a job more than anything, because there’s a lot of suggestion we haven’t made progress, which over the course of the season is just not true.

If he doesn’t shake off these bad runs every year we won’t improve from here, and that won’t be good enough. We’ve been in the Championship for three years now, we’ve established ourselves as a club in this division and one that can push for the top 6. Now we have to do it and if LJ can’t show next season he can do that, he should go.

Archived