IGNORED

I’ve worked out where it all went wrong

Redbo

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.................it's  not one person or one reason that led to the slump in form. It's an unidentifiable culmination/combination of various factors that are to blame.

Sycronicity.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Your Wrong there RW. When Senior was in charge it was Junior who got the blame for everything - very similar to now so LJ will be used to it.

LJ got stick, unfair most of the time yet somewhat understandable why he did, not easy playing for your Dad. But I'm talking about you, and your opinion. You're very open about your dislike for GJ, and you blame him for a lot of wrong doings with the club all those years ago. I'm asking you what makes Lee so different to not have your doubts about him? Especially when Lee has probably had more backing than his Father did, yet still cannot change the bad run, or play good football.

It’s all Gary Johnson’s fault - for causing Lee to exist - and SL’s for backing him  

FFS why can’t we go back to League 1 (Div 3) where we were comfortable and happy. No stress, no anger, no ‘Johnson Out’ posts, just acceptance and the occasional Mickey Mouse trophy final. 

SOD, DM, KM and SC in

LJ Out. 

4 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

LJ got stick, unfair most of the time yet somewhat understandable why he did, not easy playing for your Dad. But I'm talking about you, and your opinion. You're very open about your dislike for GJ, and you blame him for a lot of wrong doings with the club all those years ago. I'm asking you what makes Lee so different to not have your doubts about him? Especially when Lee has probably had more backing than his Father did, yet still cannot change the bad run, or play good football.

Two very distinctive differences between them.

Senior - tactically limited. Played football with the hand brake on. Junior - tactically much more aware.Tries to play slick attacking football. Doesn't always pay off of course but at least he's bold enough to try it.

Senior - always tried to be humorous in pre/post interviews but actually said nothing of any interest.

Junior - far more media savvy. His pre/post match interviews are always interesting and he takes time to explain some of his reasoning behind certain decisions. I like that - except when he used trendy coaching words as he did recently.............:cool2:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Senior - tactically limited. Played football with the hand brake on. Junior - tactically much more aware.Tries to play slick attacking football. Doesn't always pay off of course but at least he's bold enough to try it.

Senior - always tried to be humorous in pre/post interviews but actually said nothing of any interest.

Junior - far more media savvy. His pre/post match interviews are always interesting and he takes time to explain some of his reasoning behind certain decisions. I like that - except when he used trendy coaching words as he did recently.............:cool2:

One even more distinctive difference;

Gary Johnson reached a playoff final, the closest we’ve been to the top flight in 38 years.

LJ hasn’t.

3 hours ago, Redbo said:

It’s not LJ’s fault, it’s not Bristol Sport’s fault, it’s not SL’s fault. No. None of these people are culpable for our poor run and horrible slide down the table. The blame lies at the feet (or should I say hand) of one man. Step forward Famara Diedhou. 3-0 up at home to Sunderland, cross comes over, simple header to make it 4-0 and complete his first Bristol City hat-trick. What does he do? The least subtle handball since Maradona. End up drawing 3-3. Confidence sapped. Draw follows defeat follows draw. Thanks for nothing Fam. 

Well I blame the singing section, we go 1 up against the best team in the division and out they come with "we're coming for you, we're Bristol City, we're coming for you".  

Karma is indeed a bitch 

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

In short, appointing Lee Johnson.........

I wonder if Frankie didn't have a rush of blood against Wolves if things would still be the same. 

Or if Mags wasn't caught so badly out of position miles up the pitch that allows them to slide an easy ball through the defence. 

- Playing Marvin Elliot right back

- Appointing Keith Millen as a manager

- Releasing Luke Ayling

- Signing Nicky Hunt and Damion Stewart in one day

- Benching Leroy for the play off final ‘04

- Peter Styvar, Stefan Mairhoffer, Stern John, Patrick Aygemang, Bas Savage, Matthew Bates, Ricky Foster, Ryan McGivern, Elliot Parish, Jody Morris, Lois Diony, Lewin Nyatanga, Neil Kilkenny 

- Knocking down the Wedlock’s 

Yes, we’ve done some stupid things. It’s scary to think the above was nearly our starting 11 at one point!

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

1) Tactically limited - So you would say Lee is far more tactically aware? Yet we're still stuck in this rut...again. I wouldn't qualify "tactically aware" as putting your CB upfront as a Striker. Or taking off your best player on Saturdays game against Boro. Which lead to the opposition scoring, not saying this is down to one substitution, but it's bizarre none the less.

2) Somewhat I agree. Lee does try to give reasons. But as the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd, but you can spray it with fresh air spray.

I admire your backing for Lee, but most on here zig, while you zag.

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Gary Johnson reached a playoff final, the closest we’ve been to the top flight in 38 years.

LJ hasn’t.

Not yet LJ hasn't......

I tell you this - watching Senior teams play almost killed my love of the game so pedestrian and dull was it. It was like watching paint dry. No excitement, few goals and no "buzz" after the game. More often the post match chat was "how did win that?"  

I really wished we hadn't reached the pray off final playing in that style.

I appreciate that to others it's all about the results but to me it's all about being entertained.

13 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

1) Tactically limited - So you would say Lee is far more tactically aware? Yet we're still stuck in this rut...again. I wouldn't qualify "tactically aware" as putting your CB upfront as a Striker. Or taking off your best player on Saturdays game against Boro. Which lead to the opposition scoring, not saying this is down to one substitution, but it's bizarre none the less.

early season it was because of injuries.......LJ said he subbed Milan because of the long injurynlay off he'd had.

2) Somewhat I agree. Lee does try to give reasons. But as the old saying goes, you can't polish a turd, but you can spray it with fresh air spray.

Like under Senior, some people weren't able to see what I saw - same under LJ.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

One even more distinctive difference;

LJ hasn’t.

I was going to say

The difference is unlike his Dad Lee hasn’t fronted him out and made him wet himself 

..........yet

And RRs best attempt at revenge is to constantly make digs and sly remarks on here

..... that’s one hell of a comeback ...........:boxing:.......:laughcont:....bet GJ.is distraught 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not yet LJ hasn't......

I tell you this - watching Senior teams play almost killed my love of the game so pedestrian and dull was it. It was like watching paint dry. No excitement, few goals and no "buzz" after the game. More often the post match chat was "how did win that?"  

I appreciate that to others it's all about the results but to me it's all about being entertained.

Pedestrian?

Fucking hell, I suggest that you get on YouTube & look again at some of the highlights of that amazing season.

Palace home & away in the playoffs, “pedestrian”? Fuck off.

We didn’t always play the most stylish football I’d admit, but boy did we scrap for absolutely everything & anyone who thinks it was “pedestrian” either needs their eyes tested or hasn’t the slightest clue about what they were watching.

For your information Gary Johnson gave us our best & third & fourth best placed finishes since 1980. The second best one wasn’t LJ, either.

Final point- stop all this “senior” “junior” stuff, it is just embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why is it necessary to apportion blame?    :dunno:

Fact it the loss of form happened and can happen to any team. 

No doubt LJ and his coaches have pondered why it happened and tried various different options to rectify it but when two of your most reliable CBs both fuck up in the same game just highlights how unpredictable form can be.

Get over it and look towards the next game.

Happens quite a lot with this coach doesnt it...

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pedestrian?

Fucking hell, I suggest that you get on YouTube & look again at some of the highlights of that amazing season.

We didn’t always play the most stylish football I’d admit, but boy did we scrap for absolutely everything & anyone who thinks it was “pedestrian” either needs their eyes tested or hasn’t the slightest clue about what they were watching.

For your information Gary Johnson gave us our best & third & fourth best placed finishes since 1980. The second best one wasn’t LJ, either.

I’d ignore it now mate 

Someone’s wanting attention and in Middle of a WUM mission 

Embarrassing that a former chairman of our supporters Club repeatedly shows a total lack of understanding of the game basics

or maybe just so twisted by being outed by GJ that it’s had a long term effect 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not yet LJ hasn't......

Funny you should say that. Watching Lee's team has all but killed my love of the game. I really have very little interest or desire to watch what happens next

I dont know if its Lee Johnson and the powder puff, almost gutless set up he has installed...whether its Bristol Sports influence...or whether its both!...but this club and the whole set up feels dull and lethargic. Almost like the soul has been sucked out of it in recent years.

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

early season it was because of injuries.......LJ said he subbed Milan because of the long injurynlay off he'd had.

Like under Senior, some people weren't able to see what I saw - same under LJ.

1) I don't take injuries as an excuse. As a Head Coach, or any type of professional in any job. You have your pre-requisities in place. 

To your last sentence, fair enough @Robbored but it's like you live in the upside down world. - Little reference to Stranger Things there. 

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The Man Utd win will stay with us for decades unless (and hopefully) we move to bigger things. For the sake of finishing this season outside the top 6, the cup run was well worth it.

Think the cup run actually helped us at the time and not sure we’d have hit so high in the league without it (Momentum, riding on the media plaudits etc etc)

The downsides possibly a flat feel once it was all over moreso than any physical burn out difficult to gauge , but undoubtedly a factor of some sort / degree IMHO

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Funny you should say that. Watching Lee's team has all but killed my love of the game. I really have very little interest or desire to watch what happens next

I dont know if its Lee Johnson and the powder puff, almost gutless set up he has installed...whether its Bristol Sports influence...or whether its both!...but this club and the whole set up feels dull and lethargic. Almost like the soul has been sucked out of it in recent years.

I second that. Talk of this attractive attacking football is a myth. Brentford play like that. While our tactics have us just stand there with slow build up play. 

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I blame the 1909 FA Cup Final Squad. Bottlers.

You clearly weren't there.  I remember it well, 'we was robbed' by a dodgy goal.  Never liked ManU since.

Personally, I blame Ernie Pracock. Why? The local Press always did, although I rather liked him particularly the memorable scrap with Pitt in a local Derby never to be forgotten.

Or am I just confusing the 1900s with the 1950s.  All I know for sure it was all much more fun before BS

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pedestrian?

The play off semis were exciting for sure. Two very enjoyable games but it took 46 games to get that exciting.

12 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I second that. Talk of this attractive attacking football is a myth. Brentford play like that. While our tactics have us just stand there with slow build up play. 

Hang on RW

As a very much non happy clapper

Some of the football we played at times pre Christmas was sumptuously purringly good , exciting and great in the eye— as good as any City side I’ve seen 

Some of the stuff recently as bad as I’ve seen but Pre Christmas did happen

honest

;)

29 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The Man Utd win will stay with us for decades unless (and hopefully) we move to bigger things. For the sake of finishing this season outside the top 6, the cup run was well worth it.

Funny how different people think.

I would have gladly been humiliated  5-0 if it meant we were in the top 6 now.

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

In short, appointing Lee Johnson.........

I wonder if Frankie didn't have a rush of blood against Wolves if things would still be the same. 

Yeah and if my aunt had a cock she’d of been me uncle. :facepalm:

Could blame a lot of things, fact of the matter is over the course of the season we haven’t been good enough.

Archived