IGNORED

I’ve worked out where it all went wrong

Redbo

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hang on RW

As a very much non happy clapper

Some of the football we played at times pre Christmas was sumptuously purringly good , exciting and great in the eye— as good as any City side I’ve seen 

Some of the stuff recently as bad as I’ve seen but Pre Christmas did happen

honest

;)

Agreed, pre Xmas was probably the best football I’ve seen us play for the best part of 30 years I’ve been watching City. How we’ve gone from that to our current style god only knows.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah that was ridiculous management. But had we won that game I still think we would have gone on a terrible run. I don't see what one game has to do with losing 1 nil away to Bolton a couple of months later for example. 

I'll have a stab at this.

Momentum, confidence- already high- would have IMO shot right up had we beat Wolves. Talking next level stuff- on top of the United win, then toppling the League leaders 2 months unbeaten would have pushed us right on, in terms of it and morale too.

Flipside now. Wolves had the red card, would have lost likewise- plus seen us cut the gap we had from 10 pts to 5 pts in a week. Plus Derby, Villa would too have cut it- that would have put the skids under Wolves- not due to play until Tuesday, gap to be cut further- midwinter. Doubt, pressure.

As to the latter impact- I think we would have had less absolutely 'must win' games and more readily settled for a draw v Norwich, a draw v Bolton and 'only' the three goal lead v Sunderland to name a few examples.

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The play off semis were exciting for sure. Two very enjoyable games but it took 46 games to get that exciting.

GrahamC - I see you e binned yet another post of mine......

Do you not agree that play off semi's against Palace were exiting? 

Anyway, I'll offer you the same advice that gave to Bob - if you dislike my posts so much then simply put me on on ignore. It'd very simple to do. 

Simply click on your username top right and 'ignore user' is on the drop down tab. Just enter my username and it's done.

It’s been a great season 

we are not fighting relegation 

we still have a tiny chance of getting to the playoffs 

played some amazing games on the way - the Man U game will live with me for a long time  

Leeds and Forest fans must feel a lot worse  

its all good when looking at the season as a whole - chill and enjoy the ride - I have known a LOT worse in my 51 years supporting this club  

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

GrahamC - I see you e binned yet another post of mine......

Do you not agree that play off semi's against Palace were exiting? 

Anyway, I'll offer you the same advice that gave to Bob - if you dislike my posts so much then simply put me on on ignore. It'd very simple to do. 

Simply click on your username top right and 'ignore user' is on the drop down tab. Just enter my username and it's done.

I’m disagreeing with the horse shit in it that it “took 46 games to get exciting”.

There were numerous thrilling games that season, which you are choosing to forget.

If you keep talking rubbish I’ll keep reacting accordingly.

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’m disagreeing with the horse shit in it that it “took 46 games to get exciting”.

There were numerous thrilling games that season, which you are choosing to forget.

Name one......I assume you don't mean the 0-6 defeat to Cardiff?  I guess that was exciting if you were a Cardiff fan.

18 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Does it change the fact? Of course not, but those responsible still have to take either ownership or responsibility. Yet it seems no one does. 

Agree - I would hope behind the scenes big questions are being asked.

SL can't be happy how momentum has stalled since Xmas.Something has gone wrong and somewhere along the line some big mistakes have been made.

Lack of cover, tactics, transfer policy,missing Aaron Wilbraham type role model for the younger players, not advocating a witch hunt but a recognition that in some areas there is vast room for improvement

Is it be the right way forward to invest in foreign imports rather than scour the lower leagues for real talent think Albert, Bolasie, Dele Ali.there must be others out there

6 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Agree - I would hope behind the scenes big questions are being asked.

SL can't be happy how momentum has stalled since Xmas.Something has gone wrong and somewhere along the line some big mistakes have been made.

Lack of cover, tactics, transfer policy,missing Aaron Wilbraham type role model for the younger players, not advocating a witch hunt but a recognition that in some areas there is vast room for improvement

Is it be the right way forward to invest in foreign imports rather than scour the lower leagues for real talent think Albert, Bolasie, Dele Ali.there must be others out there

Would advocate a mixed approach personally.

Some experience, some foreign and some lower league catching them young.

Foreign market offers good value on paper for sure- questionable as to how well we've exploited it though.  Take Fulham for example, or Brentford- let alone Wolves who frankly are a bit of a special case so should be disregarded in this sense, or Huddersfield last year.

On the other hand, Norwich haven't exactly hit the heights and our signings from abroad have been a mixed bag IMO. Leeds haven't flown this season.

A mixed approach probably the ideal blend- plus the youth of course.

53 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I wouldn’t want to speak for him, but I’m pretty confident that when @GrahamC is talking about thrilling games from that season he probably isn’t thinking about a game that happened eighteen months after that season finished. 

Just a hunch mind.

Thanks, but I’ve given up now.

Absolutely no point arguing any more with an idiot.

Archived