IGNORED

Squad harmony

Major Isewater

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Kent will go on to become a fixture at a better club than ours 

Personally, I don’t think he will....but it’s all about opinions.  He’s peaked.  Unknown quantity last season, full-backs know him this season.  I know that’s not gonna account for it, but it’s a factor.  I don’t think he has the football intelligence to play above this level.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up in Lg1 next season.

I don’t think he’s a bad player though, but he’s 21, and has pace and tricks but there’s more needed in the Champ.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We had every reason to be optimistic, he'd looked a great young player against City.

He made 44 appearances last season for Barnsley in the Championship and was voted their young player of the season.

Kent had no problem fitting in at Barnsley apparently.

Agree there is a good player in there somewher

@Agard Days Night - This is the second time you have claimed there are cliques causing trouble in the dressing room - you started a thread about Engvall of all people being a huge trouble maker!

I genuinely would like to know what Engvall and now Kent did to make them pariahs at AG?

No sources needed, just what you know.

As for Fredericks, I thought it was common knowledge that Mark Little knocked him on his arse because he was giving it the 'billy big-bollox' to all and sundry and Little just did what most of the squad wanted to!

Sadly, as far back as the 70's there has always been a core clique of 'in-crowd' players - there was a party at my old mans house for players  circa 1979-80 - about 12 turned up - the rest 'were not invited' (their words) by them as they weren't 'first teamers'

It's hard in any walk of life to fit straight into a group of predominately 'Alpha Males' - especially for young 'lions' - I always took Ryan Kent and Walsh to be 'assertive' personalities based on their previous history.

Quieter players (like Eliasson, Maggs) will just accept the way things are and go along with the status-quo.

I couldn't see Kent or Walsh taking a backward step tbh!

There are always different 'personalities' but in such a confined workspace, then 'difficulties' fitting in are magnified x 10

Players holiday snaps always tell the story of who is with who!

Anyway - Agard - what have Kent and Engvall done that has made Lee Johnson effectively banish them from BCFC?

Just what you know.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@SX227

So why did Fredericks fit in at Fulham then?

Perhaps the problem is here a bit...(or maybe it's at all clubs).

Perhaps Little lamping him one made him realise he needs to shut his mouth? Went to Fulham, BACK to London (perhaps that had something to do with it also), and let his performances do the talking instead. Shame he left so quickly, imagine him and Bryan on the left hand side......

I don't know if any of the above is true mind, just speculating....

1 minute ago, Taz said:

Perhaps Little lamping him one made him realise he needs to shut his mouth? Went to Fulham, BACK to London (perhaps that had something to do with it also), and let his performances do the talking instead. Shame he left so quickly, imagine him and Bryan on the left hand side......

I don't know if any of the above is true mind, just speculating....

Perhaps yeah- that would help, would upset harmony too if he came giving it all that...

Left hand side? Dunno, he's a right back tbh.

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps yeah- that would help, would upset harmony too if he came giving it all that...

Left hand side? Dunno, he's a right back tbh.

You know what, for some reason I thought he was a left back :blink:

In that case then, imagine Bryan and Fredericks on opposite sides of the pitch..... 

:whistle:

On 18/04/2018 at 21:54, Leaning To One Side said:

Must admit that I don't think the squad have been as harmonious as can be.  Love Flinty and Korey to bits but did anyone else recall them completely ripping into each other a couple of games ago (think was against Brum)?

Have got the vibe from Flinty that he's been far from happy the last 2-3 months...imo he's been more confrontational than motivational.

Might be wide of the mark though?

Good sign in my opinion, two winners who have the freedom to say their piece on the pitch. You need to be a tight group for that to happen and leave it on the pitch.

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Good sign in my opinion, two winners who have the freedom to say their piece on the pitch. You need to be a tight group for that to happen and leave it on the pitch.

Fully agree PSR, I just get the feeling that rather than geeing up his teammates in a positive way it's become a bit more negative.

what do I know though :P

20 hours ago, SX227 said:

@Agard Days Night - This is the second time you have claimed there are cliques causing trouble in the dressing room - you started a thread about Engvall of all people being a huge trouble maker!

I genuinely would like to know what Engvall and now Kent did to make them pariahs at AG?

No sources needed, just what you know.

As for Fredericks, I thought it was common knowledge that Mark Little knocked him on his arse because he was giving it the 'billy big-bollox' to all and sundry and Little just did what most of the squad wanted to!

Sadly, as far back as the 70's there has always been a core clique of 'in-crowd' players - there was a party at my old mans house for players  circa 1979-80 - about 12 turned up - the rest 'were not invited' (their words) by them as they weren't 'first teamers'

It's hard in any walk of life to fit straight into a group of predominately 'Alpha Males' - especially for young 'lions' - I always took Ryan Kent and Walsh to be 'assertive' personalities based on their previous history.

Quieter players (like Eliasson, Maggs) will just accept the way things are and go along with the status-quo.

I couldn't see Kent or Walsh taking a backward step tbh!

There are always different 'personalities' but in such a confined workspace, then 'difficulties' fitting in are magnified x 10

Players holiday snaps always tell the story of who is with who!

Anyway - Agard - what have Kent and Engvall done that has made Lee Johnson effectively banish them from BCFC?

Just what you know.

Thanks

Eliasson is very chumy with Diony

On 19/04/2018 at 10:24, RedM said:

Yes, but as I said if someone comes in and displaces someone and improves the situation greatly, their goals or assists gets the team flying up the table, it seems they will accept more readily. Or players are in awe of a player ( like Tomlin alluded to, players wanting selfies with him I believe, David James said similar), or they respect a player and are willing to learn from them

To be fair Kent or Diony haven’t got that star quality or ability to make things happen for them or the team. I’m not including Walsh as he’s ours and one for the future.

Don’t forget our players have seen Leko and Woodrow come and go (and disappear) as far as loans are concerned this season, so maybe they are losing the faith in the ability to find a good one as much as the fans. Before that there was Tomlin, came in January, got hero status and then went on to wreak. No wonder the players and fans are nervous.

that explains the goalkeepers

Archived