IGNORED

Frankie. kicking and shot stopping

Antman

so I'm happy to let his appalling kicking go unchallenged as he is (until today) a great shot stopper

but what exactly does the coach practise with him? how to slice it into touch time after time? if so well done, he's ace at that!!!

that free kick should NOT have gone in on his near post, the first goal was iffy. he gave up on it really easily, the header that O Dowda lost his man on was poor - today was a baaaaaad game for our Frankie

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Yes. That’s right. He’s been playing like a league one keeper all season. 

You’ve no idea have you?

Ah you probably haven't experienced seeing a decent goalkeeper for us at this level

Not your fault, but he simply is not in the same league as Cashley or Gibson

I think that third goal was the first one this season I can think of that was down to him (it wasn’t a free kick either Bryan won the ball).

O’Dowda had been limping just before losing the man for the second & I was amazed he was still on then, Kelly to LB & Bryan in front made sense to me.

I do think we will bring in another keeper this summer but reckon Steele will be the one on his way.

If FF starts the last two I will be even more convinced this will happen..

This was his worst game for ages. A good keeper would have saved at least two of those goals.

Frank is usually much better BUT I think we should remember this isn't the only time this season he's had a stinker or done something insane to cost us points.

I like the man, but I think we should be in the market for a new keeper this summer, if we are to compete at the top of this division.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This was his worst game for ages. A good keeper would have saved at least two of those goals.

Frank is usually much better BUT I think we should remember this isn't the only time this season he's had a stinker or done something insane to cost us points.

I like the man, but I think we should be in the market for a new keeper this summer, if we are to compete at the top of this division.

Problem is RR

WIth the likely departures we will be left with a squad that you could argue the same for , from top to bottom 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Problem is RR

WIth the likely departures we will be left with a squad that you could argue the same for , from top to bottom 

Unless you get the basics right, you'll never progress and getting a truly class act between the sticks is a must. 

I actually think there may be fewer enquiries for our players than some think - but Bobby getting a better offer is almost guaranteed. And he'll be difficult to replace.

The good thing is decent keepers cost a lot less than decent strikers.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unless you get the basics right, you'll never progress and getting a truly class act between the sticks is a must. 

I actually think there may be fewer enquiries for our players than some think - but Bobby getting a better offer is almost guaranteed. And he'll be difficult to replace.

Had a shocker today

but still not convinced there’s many if any keepers about in our range that don’t either

Very frustrating but still think he’s a ‘decent’ keeper at this level (Sounds crazy after today I know)

Really p’d off with his performance today but think we could easily replace him with someone not as good

Gieffer / O’Donnell were two

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Think Frankie is more than decent at parts of his game. but he is also poor at parts. He is what City  pay for a % of what is spent on forwards. 

1 hour ago, Antman said:

so I'm happy to let his appalling kicking go unchallenged as he is (until today) a great shot stopper

but what exactly does the coach practise with him? how to slice it into touch time after time? if so well done, he's ace at that!!!

that free kick should NOT have gone in on his near post, the first goal was iffy. he gave up on it really easily, the header that O Dowda lost his man on was poor - today was a baaaaaad game for our Frankie

I agree, to be fair he has generally had a good season between the sticks but today his kicking really pissed me off, the worst part being he was kicking dead balls straight into touch and none of the balls he kicked straight out was he under any pressure and on top of the free kick, he had a shocker, I just cannot understand the kicking it looks to me as though he never practices because he has never improved.

Just now, Trueredsupporte said:

Think Frankie is more than decent at parts of his game. but he is also poor at parts. He is what City  pay for a % of what is spent on forwards. 

I just think he has a few too many weaknesses and had a few too many poor games to be a Top 6 of the Championship keeper.  And that's surely what we should be aiming for.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had a shocker today

but still not convinced there’s many if any keepers about in our range that don’t either

Very frustrating but still think he’s a ‘decent’ keeper at this level (Sounds crazy after today I know)

Really p’d off with his performance today but think we could easily replace him with someone not as good

Gieffer / O’Donnell were two

But what about Luke Steele?why hasn't he been given a chance? 

His distribution is woeful , it’s time to buy a new number 1 stop looking at loan signings and invest in a decent commanding keeper , after hearing all around me moaning week in week out about his kicking it’s actually got to me now and it’s inexcusable every game straight into the stands ..... 

2 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

But what about Luke Steele?why hasn't he been given a chance? 

Personally I think FFs been playing ok/ well this season and kept us in a few games since Xmas

(Had an absolute shocker today)

Id have FF over Steele personally on what I’ve seen

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree, to be fair he has generally had a good season between the sticks but today his kicking really pissed me off, the worst part being he was kicking dead balls straight into touch and none of the balls he kicked straight out was he under any pressure and on top of the free kick, he had a shocker, I just cannot understand the kicking it looks to me as though he never practices because he has never improved.

Blame Lee Johnson. Frank Fieldings distribution is suspect. A  Lee Johnson tactic accentuates that flaw each week, each game.

How many other coaches would persist with this tactic knowing that he will waste possession frequently?  

Frank Fielding will be practicing each week, but if an individual struggles with a particular skill it is normal for the Managers / Coaches to  make an adjustment. Frank Fielding may be asked to do something he does want to, has a lack of confidence in and lacks the ability to do.

This tactic is a reflection of Lee Johnson and his ideas not Frank Fielding.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Blame Lee Johnson. Frank Fieldings distribution is suspect. A  Lee Johnson tactic accentuates that flaw each week, each game.

How may other coaches would persist with this tactic knowing that he will waste possession frequently?  

Frank Fielding will be practicing each week, but if an individual struggles with a particular skill it is normal for the Managers / Coaches to  make an adjustment. Frank Fielding may be asked to do something he does want to, has a lack of confidence in and lacks the ability to do.

This tactic is reflection of Lee Johnson and his ideas not Frank Fielding.

I'm sorry I am not LJ's biggest fan but kicking a dead ball or a rolling ball whilst under no pressure is almost certainly the easiest part of a keepers game, he actually put at least one goal kick directly into touch.

2 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

But we haven't seen enough of Steele to see what he could do long term,!

I guess that’s fair but (personally) Indont think FF has deserved to lose his place

Steele didn’t particularly stand out when FF was suspended 

Hes not too different from FF in so much he doesn’t dominate his area , not great with his feet but a decent shot stopper but better than FF ?

Nothing I’ve seen to date

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I guess that’s fair but (personally) Indont think FF has deserved to lose his place

Steele didn’t particularly stand out when FF was suspended 

Hes not too different from FF in so much he doesn’t dominate his area , not great with his feet but a decent shot stopper but better than FF ?

Nothing I’ve seen to date

But is this down to the coaching? If they are both  similar then surely the problem is elsewhere! 

Archived