IGNORED

The Nottingham Forest FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 45

Septic Peg

10 hours ago, Alessandro said:

We almost agree for once @NickJ:thumbsup:

Yes the team has lost it's way and it is a concern and a concern that the management team couldn't solve it. But we also have a management team who showed a hell of a lot of how to do it right at times this season.

In comparison to the form of the first half of the season, the form of the second half has felt like relegation, yes, although as i've shown, this season, it is lower mid-table.

Now, you and many others have made many bold predictions of failure about LJ: before he started the job, last season we were nailed on for relegation, no way back and last summer we were tipped by most on OTIB to struggle or go down this summer (where will the goals come from?!). These have been proved wrong.

So we are back to the bold predictions for next season again - we will struggle and probably go down.

In my opinion, if we can wipe the slate clean and have a good summer, have a better season injury-wise, not do so well in the cup - providing we've recruited well (CM, RB, leadership and experience) and our youngsters continue to come on, we could continue to progress and have a more 'consistent' season results-wise, which may mean we challenge more consistently for the top 8 again.

You and many others have been proved wrong by LJ 2 or 3 times already, he might just do it again.

I’d invite you to quote me anywhere that I’ve been “proved” wrong on Johnson. 

The only categorical thing I’ve ever said is if he takes us out of this division it will be down not up and I stand by that. Eventually I will be wrong or right. 

21 hours ago, italian dave said:

Who was the young lady attempting the single handed pitch invasion after the game? It was hilarious. Along with Tomlin's penalty, it made the trip worthwhile! 

I saw the scuffle afterwards where it took a heap of police to restrain her. Lead away in handcuffs, all whist dressed as Snow White or someone. Nearly started something nasty as other fans got involved. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I saw the scuffle afterwards where it took a heap of police to restrain her. Lead away in handcuffs, all whist dressed as Snow White or someone. Nearly started something nasty as other fans got involved. 

Mmmm, didn't see that bit. All I saw was a truly comic attempt to get over the perimeter wall. The first attempt involved a run at it, but then no kind of launch whatever, so she simply bent double over the wall. She then decided to climb up onto the wall, but did it so slowly and so painfully that every steward within 100meters could see what was happening, and then when she got to the top she stood there in triumph, before jumping down the other side into the waiting arms of all those stewards!

At that point she went rigid, so they had real problems getting her back over the wall; it was like trying to shift a 10 stone marble statue!! The concensus around me seemed to be that it was all a bit harmless so they'd probably let her go - so clearly that didn't happen. I guess it might have been a case of drunk in the ground rather than the "invasion" itself. 

Oh, and I think she was Red Riding Hood!

Watched the highlights Forest game. They ran, dribbles, crossing, shoting, played with fantasy. Penalty, good chances they had, Frankie good in goal. Result could have been 3 or 4-0. When we are bad, we really are bad. We had something to play for, Forest not. The game showed something different. Lack of speed, fantasy, creative footboll was missing. Forest looked like a dreamteam compared to us. Since january we often looks like saturdays game. We have to put things right next season otherwise it will be difficault.

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

I’d invite you to quote me anywhere that I’ve been “proved” wrong on Johnson. 

The only categorical thing I’ve ever said is if he takes us out of this division it will be down not up and I stand by that. Eventually I will be wrong or right. 

And I think it might rain today, yes, I think there is more chance it will rain today than not. Time will tell if I’m right or not.

Archived