IGNORED

The Nottingham Forest FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 45

Septic Peg

Just now, Slippin cider said:

OS....’We improved as the game went on’ - Johnson ......:facepalm: ...how many shots on target Lee? 

I’ve been told that he said that we’ve ‘got our identity back today’! Haven’t heard it myself but if true I’d love to know what he means! 

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

**** it.

Dont care if youre fishing or not.

That is a ******* dishonest statement.

Why do the likes of you have to act like arseholes and look to put down those who are able to have a sense of perspective, rather than leaping to extremes?

Am I "creaming myself" over the season? Abso-*******-lutely not.

Has the season been decent overall- undoubtedly.

A side that was tipped for relegation has been in contentention for the playoffs until the penultimate game of the season, while reaching a cup semi final for the first time in a generation, and yet you make disparaging remarks about those who aren't acting all "woe is me".

Has the form since January been a concern? Absolutely and it must be looked into as these Jekyl and Hyde half seasons are not sustainable.

But the comments like yours only bring about one conclusion- that you are a snide *****.

Why have we recensored the forum? 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Were we really tipped for relegation? I would have thought we'd have been tipped midtable by bookies. 

Overall position is fine but the manner it has been achieved leaves a sense of disappointment and worry about next season. 

At the start of August we were favourites along with Burton, Bolton and milwall 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Were we really tipped for relegation? I would have thought we'd have been tipped midtable by bookies. 

Overall position is fine but the manner it has been achieved leaves a sense of disappointment and worry about next season. 

Absolutely. To listen to some of the drama queens on here you`d think we`d just been relegated to League 2 not finished comfortably in the top half of probably the most competitive division in Europe. Sure, it could have been better but some fans seem to have a sense of entitlement that we don`t deserve.

I`ve been supporting us for 45 years and this goes down as one of the more successful seasons in that time for me.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do you really not understand what that means?  Quite straightforward, surely?

No. When there’s no shots on target for 90 minutes again then I haven’t got a clue what he means. Please enlighten me because all I can see as being our ‘idenrity’ at the moment is that we have been pathetic in 2018. Not an ‘identity’ to be proud of!

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Absolutely. To listen to some of the drama queens on here you`d think we`d just been relegated to League 2 not finished comfortably in the top half of probably the most competitive division in Europe. Sure, it could have been better but some fans seem to have a sense of entitlement that we don`t deserve.

I`ve been supporting us for 45 years and this goes down as one of the more successful seasons in that time for me.

What planet are you on?

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Tipped for relegation was probably a bit much, many places had us predicted a place or two above it, so a relegation fight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40715451

Heres a thing BBC did pre season, at the bottom is a predicted table from 25 sports journalists.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/predicted-how-championship-table-will-finish-201718?page=0%2C1&_format=amp

Fourfourtwo had us a bit higher and the Not the top 20 podcast, with the help of a betting tipster had us down as somewhere between the BBC prediction and the Fourfourtwo one (IIRC).

Point being the season we have had and what many expected are completely different.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Same one as you mate, it`s just I don`t spit my dummy out like some when things don`t go how I want. I`ve seen it all before and I`ll see it all again if I live long enough.

Spit my dummy out? Okay.....let’s put it across in a slightly different and more eloquent manner.

This season at Christmas we had played half a season and therefore had played every team in this division at least once. We were second and 9 points clear of 3rd. We were 20 points clear of Millwall. Now we are likely to finish 10th.

You have watched City for 45 years so you have pretty much seen it all and yet you class this season as being one of the most successful...really? Really?

At what other time can you remember such capitulations at City as those that have happened in the last 2 seasons?

Last year we had the longest losing streak in our entire history. This season we have won just 4 in the last 23 games which is almost as bad.

Yet after all that you consider this season to be one of the most successful in 45 years? 

1975, 1976, 1978, 1984, 1990, (92 we finished 9th) 1998, 2007, 2008, 2015 - those were memorable and successful seasons in the last 40 odd years.

There is no getting away from the fact, and it is a fact that we went from playing like a Premier League team in waiting to a team who played like they didn’t even know each other and who were destined for League One if it hadn’t been for such a fantastic first half of the season.

It is not a successful season. We have not only bottled it, but we chucked it down the toilet, rammed it down with a toilet brush and pulled the flush 50 times.

Two seasons of absolute free fall coming from completely left field is a massive, massive concern and I have been watching City since the 1970’s.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Spit my dummy out? Okay.....let’s put it across in a slightly different and more eloquent manner.

This season at Christmas we had played half a season and therefore had played every team in this division at least once. We were second and 9 points clear of 3rd. We were 20 points clear of Millwall. Now we are likely to finish 10th.

You have watched City for 45 years so you have pretty much seen it all and yet you class this season as being one of the most successful...really? Really?

At what other time can you remember such capitulations at City as those that have happened in the last 2 seasons?

Last year we had the longest losing streak in our entire history. This season we have won just 4 in the last 23 games which is almost as bad.

Yet after all that you consider this season to be one of the most successful in 45 years? 

1975, 1976, 1978, 1984, 1990, (92 we finished 9th) 1998, 2007, 2008, 2015 - those were memorable and successful seasons in the last 40 odd years.

There is no getting away from the fact, and it is a fact that we went from playing like a Premier League team in waiting to a team who played like they didn’t even know each other and who were destined for League One if it hadn’t been for such a fantastic first half of the season.

It is not a successful season. We have not only bottled it, but we chucked it down the toilet, rammed it down with a toilet brush and pulled the flush 50 times.

Two seasons of absolute free fall coming from completely left field is a massive, massive concern and I have been watching City since the 1970’s.

Thanks for the history lesson. I really didn`t know how this season had gone until you said. Watching the games just doesn`t give you the overall picture I suppose.

Best go and beat myself with a stick now for not realising the absolute seriousness of the situation as I clearly won`t have a club to support next season. Let`s face it, every club that doesn`t win something in a season should just shut up shop and let someone else have a go.

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

"Two seasons of absolute free fall"? Seriously? 

I'm pretty sure every City fan is gravely concerned about the form of the last four months. But when we're looking at one of the club's highest ever finishes we may want to think about reining in those overreactions. I've been going since the 70's too and not enjoying the past few months one bit, but in the context of the last 40 years, and of the whole history of BCFC, 'freefall' it most certainly ain't. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Thanks for the history lesson. I really didn`t know how this season had gone until you said. Watching the games just doesn`t give you the overall picture I suppose.

Best go and beat myself with a stick now for not realising the absolute seriousness of the situation as I clearly won`t have a club to support next season. Let`s face it, every club that doesn`t win something in a season should just shut up shop and let someone else have a go.

wow, and it's those worried about whats currently happening at the club that are "DRAMA QUEEENS"

Methinks there is some over-analysis here. I’m sure we can all agree that the post Xmas form has been very disappointing (and a worry going forward) but that overall the season has exceeeded expectations and provided some great moments (mostly in the League Cup) and that in Bobby Reid we have seen one of the best homegrown City players for years. Gutted we fell away but who would have backed us to finish higher than Leeds, Hull, Sunderland and Norwich last August?

1 minute ago, hollydog said:

Methinks there is some over-analysis here. I’m sure we can all agree that the post Xmas form has been very disappointing (and a worry going forward) but that overall the season has exceeeded expectations and provided some great moments (mostly in the League Cup) and that in Bobby Reid we have seen one of the best homegrown City players for years. Gutted we fell away but who would have backed us to finish higher than Leeds, Hull, Sunderland and Norwich last August?

I don't mind losing. I don't mind missing out on the rub of the green. I don't mind a downturn of sorts. 

But we have been absolutely garbage. We've abandoned our on-pitch footballing tactics/philosophy.

We're not just a team enduring a slight downturn that could affect anyone, we're unrecognisable without any explanation. 

Not going to accept that while my IQ still sits above 10.

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

An extraordinarily successful full season and half season before that though.

We will never know if Cotterill would have turned it around had he been supported in the January transfer window.

And when did a manager ever keep his job due to a good cup run. 

But the fact remains over the last half season, not just a few games, Johnson's record is relegation form.

Alan Dicks did his job security no harm at all when beating the mighty Leeds team in the middle of a very dodgy season results wise .

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

**** it.

Dont care if youre fishing or not.

That is a ******* dishonest statement.

Why do the likes of you have to act like arseholes and look to put down those who are able to have a sense of perspective, rather than leaping to extremes?

Am I "creaming myself" over the season? Abso-*******-lutely not.

Has the season been decent overall- undoubtedly.

A side that was tipped for relegation has been in contentention for the playoffs until the penultimate game of the season, while reaching a cup semi final for the first time in a generation, and yet you make disparaging remarks about those who aren't acting all "woe is me".

Has the form since January been a concern? Absolutely and it must be looked into as these Jekyl and Hyde half seasons are not sustainable.

But the comments like yours only bring about one conclusion- that you are a snide *****.

@old_eastender wow, can’t believe this reply to your post....talk about an over-reaction! And apparently you’re a “snide *****” - what do you think the five asterisks stand for?! 

15 hours ago, NickJ said:

26 points, not games. Your post 406.

Over the equivalent of half a season - 23 games - we have 24 points.

You are correct though it's 33 points from the past 26 games, and I'll take your word for it that's 12th in that particular form table.

Over the past 45 games we are on 67 games, which puts us 10th in that form table.

These are all facts, as is the statement that 24 points from 23 games, if repeated over a full season - for example next season - can and has resulted in relegation. Relegation form.

It's great that over a full season expectations have been exceeded, concerning that over a long period the manager appears to have lost his way, big time.

We almost agree for once @NickJ:thumbsup:

Yes the team has lost it's way and it is a concern and a concern that the management team couldn't solve it. But we also have a management team who showed a hell of a lot of how to do it right at times this season.

In comparison to the form of the first half of the season, the form of the second half has felt like relegation, yes, although as i've shown, this season, it is lower mid-table.

Now, you and many others have made many bold predictions of failure about LJ: before he started the job, last season we were nailed on for relegation, no way back and last summer we were tipped by most on OTIB to struggle or go down this summer (where will the goals come from?!). These have been proved wrong.

So we are back to the bold predictions for next season again - we will struggle and probably go down.

In my opinion, if we can wipe the slate clean and have a good summer, have a better season injury-wise, not do so well in the cup - providing we've recruited well (CM, RB, leadership and experience) and our youngsters continue to come on, we could continue to progress and have a more 'consistent' season results-wise, which may mean we challenge more consistently for the top 8 again.

You and many others have been proved wrong by LJ 2 or 3 times already, he might just do it again.

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

We’ve gone from world beaters to utter dross. I cannot remember seeing that happen under many other City managers in the space of one season.

It’s like we are Jekyll and Hyde, swinging from one extreme to another and ultimately ending up with complete mediocrity.

I cannot remember another game like Brentford at home in my lifetime? It was like the Alamo!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

We’ve gone from world beaters to utter dross. I cannot remember seeing that happen under many other City managers in the space of one season.

It’s like we are Jekyll and Hyde, swinging from one extreme to another and ultimately ending up with complete mediocrity.

I cannot remember another game like Brentford at home in my lifetime? It was like the Alamo!

I think we`ve both been around long enough to recognise the `City way` when we see it. We get to a point where we think `perhaps this will be our year` just to, all too predictably, shoot ourselves in the goolies yet again. Your middle sentence pretty much sums up that scenario in a nutshell.

I bet we have seen worse than Brentford over the years too, it`s just that that one is still pretty raw!

I just don`t let it get to me as much these days I guess.

Archived