IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 hour ago, Flagon said:

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly but didn't he get two great free kicks from almost same position? Think it was against Plymouth.

Yes I'm pretty sure I saw Micky Bell score two free kicks from the right-hand side of the penalty area from almost exactly the same spot during the first half against Plymouth at home kicking towards the Atyeo. Is that your memory? I can't remember the year but I've a feeling it was an early round of the LDV and an evening game. It's likely I've lost the plot though and imagined the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Yes I'm pretty sure I saw Micky Bell score two free kicks from the right-hand side of the penalty area from almost exactly the same spot during the first half against Plymouth at home kicking towards the Atyeo. Is that your memory? I can't remember the year but I've a feeling it was an early round of the LDV and an evening game. It's likely I've lost the plot though and imagined the whole thing.

I’m sure he scored 2 against Cambridge as well?! I remember a free kick down at the east end..I’m sure he scored another that game as well! Quality player! 

42 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Certainly was. I was at that game. Both goals in front of the Atyeo within a few minutes of each other 

33 and 34th minute. Sad I can remember these things! 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can’t see how the Club can ever be self sustaining in reality - 

Im completely meh (Probably more against)  (Other than the financial rewards) about the Premier League and personally happy to see us being competitive in this standard with a view to gradual improvement

I do get frustrated with how we utilise the resources we have at times and in the same vane some of our managerial appointments over the years 

The problem with lack of serious intent is that we will lose our better players regularly 

Thus IMHO Our success or otherwise will simply ‘succeed’ or ‘fall’ on 

* Our ongoing recruitment (and selling) decisions

* LJs managerial and coaching abilities

Ive seen us get unnecessarily relegated too many times and if we can establish ourselves as a decent Championship side with the chance to have a go at it occasionally and a few cup runs would do me personally (Apreciate many / most are impatient for us to go up)

I am with you. Though think LJ and recruitment has been ok to get us here. Soon we will need to decide our promotion ambitions and think about LJs future and future targets. I think LJ is a fine coach but the question of whether he can take a capable squad up is a valid one. Personally would like to see us around 10th again this season and make a real push next season for promotion. We should have the squad all gelled together and enough money to bring in 2-3 quality that can make a massive difference. Also, once COD gets a new contract, every main player should have a contract past next season. So need to keep everyone we want and have a proper go. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Luckily it's not you doing our negotiations.

Haha. I've always liked Lansbury, think he could do with a fresh start and would give us a bit more in midfield, which I think we need. 

They only paid 2.75 million for him, so would probably value him at around the 2 million mark now. 

If their cash bid for Bryan is 6 million, then the only reason you'd laugh at what I said, would be because you don't rate Lansbury. Or you think we're already got enough creativity and drive in the middle of the park. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If that's our strike force this season ...we are ****** 

We get Diedhiou back in 3/4 league games depending on how we do in the cup. He could easily get 16 plus given how much of last season he missed.

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

photo-26.gif

"This town ain't big enough for the two of us.."

27 minutes ago, hodge said:

:clap:

Hope you enjoyed 'bouncing up and down' on Saturday.  Hope you didn't wee yourselves when the song started and when you saw Lee at kick off. ?

1 minute ago, hodge said:

We get Diedhiou back in 3/4 league games depending on how we do in the cup. He could easily get 16 plus given how much of last season he missed.

He could and he possibly will.

I am currently struggling to see who,else will contribute significantly however should he be out for a while.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Wieman isn't exactly a striker though is he 

The other is no where near ready 

Where has Weimann been playing for us then?

And, just like when we had this exact exchange a few days ago, I will take Weimanns own view on what position he is suited to over yours.

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

did you know, we once got to a playoff final with our top scorer only scoring 9, 

believe it or not you actually get more points if you are solid at the back,

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wouldn’t you have said the same if last season you were told that all our hopes rested on Bobby Reid upfront?

Or the season before that a loanee you’d never heard of and who’d never played men’s football would be leading the line?

Or the season before that when it was a complete unknown from the French second tier? 

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

For me the sentimental part of losing Flint, Reid and Bryan is the only hard bit to stomach. Flint - real stalwart, Reid and Bryan - academy products and local lads.

But that aside, we've done fantastically to bring in the amount of money we have for 3 players that, when all is said and done, want to play elsewhere  (I for one don't begrudge them one bit the chance to either make more money or play at a higher level). 

Players come and players go and we'll continue to be Bristol City regardless. Overall, a successful window imo, assuming we replace Bryan that is. I'd also like to see Ruddy and Daniel Johnson in.

Agree - and to be honest I'm staggered that Middlebrough are prepared to part with that kind of money to buy half of what's been - at best - an average Championship defence for the past few years. 

Apparently Villa have an unnamed (as yet) medical booked for this afternoon - 2 have already gone through (ManU defender and a Keeper) a mate of mine has a reasonably reliable source @ Villa

Could be done and dusted fairly soon if they’re fighting it out.

Although Roger Johnson’s transfer to Birmingham was originally supposed to be to Wolves and they hijacked the deal during his medical, so it’s far from over!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Wouldn’t you have said the same if last season you were told that all our hopes rested on Bobby Reid upfront?

Or the season before that a loanee you’d never heard of and who’d never played men’s football would be leading the line?

Or the season before that when it was a complete unknown from the French second tier? 

It's alright, he just rubbished me for thinking Weimann might know his own position better than some random bloke called Andy who forecasts a defeat and relegation every week.

:laugh:

Puzzles me how we let JB play on Saturday. Clearly these bids were either on the table or pending and expected. I’m a huge JB fan but he was woeful on Saturday . Never got forward and his clearances were lazy and half hearted. His mind clearly wasn’t on it and if he’d picked up a bad knock we could have flushed £6m down the drain into the bargain. Strange one ! 

40 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Here ya go:

1:55 and then an absolute belter at 3:35.

I forgot how much long ball there was - looks like the tactic was smash it long, win a free kick, try and score from the free kick.

I remember the Danny Wilson era as being fairly decent football but this maybe showing my red tinted glasses.

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Puzzles me how we let JB play on Saturday. Clearly these bids were either on the table or pending and expected. I’m a huge JB fan but he was woeful on Saturday . Never got forward and his clearances were lazy and half hearted. His mind clearly wasn’t on it and if he’d picked up a bad knock we could have flushed £6m down the drain into the bargain. Strange one ! 

That could be any game for the last god knows how many months!

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well it clearly isnt.

The other strikers we have haven't vanished into thin air.

You asked why we hadn't invested in a striker, I named 2 that we had.

One is not an out and out striker.  The other has spent one season in div 4, may turn out to be a good striker but also may not, worth a punt though.

In the mean time Where is the proven striker???

Archived