IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At the end of the day, by absolutely any measure, Villa are orders of magnitude bigger than us. 

We would struggle to keep any player amid serious interest from a club of that size, no matter how ‘ambitious’ we are. 

We could have signed Ronaldo in January and it’s sill not going to stop players having their head turned by a big club which can, and will, double or treble their wages. 

Anyone who seriously thinks we can compete with them in the market needs a reality check. 

well that's cheered me up no end, thanks.

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Like the players we have signed from other Championship clubs this summer?

.................... but we have signed all the wrong players from championship clubs! :whistle: :)

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Look at the loan signing of Tammy Abraham.. I'm not quite sure what your point is, are you saying we shouldn't bother with loans again because Lois Diony didn't work out?!

Granted - one good loan signing.

Now look at Woodrow, Leko, Kent and Diony last season.

Season before - Tammy as you allude to, obviously glorious. Who else came in that season - Adam Matthews, Geifer in goal and David Cotterill.

DC did ok, the other 2, no chance.
So 1 awesome loan signing, 1 ok loan signing and 6 (i'll be poilte) , not so ok ones.

edit - replying to @hodge too.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Well Lloyd Kelly would be much better there imo. Pisano looked like he was struggling with the pace of the game in the preseason game against Shrewsbury and actually looked far better when moved to centre back. I just don't think Pisano is naturally fit enough. Injury prone and used to a different pace of football. It's not unusual for a foreign player to come to English football for the first time late in their career and struggle to adapt. Hegeler is another example. 

Jorginho against Man City on Sunday.

He could not get it into his head that he had to control the ball quicker and play his passes sooner because as soon as he got the ball, the Man City midfield were on him. They found him out very quickly 

It was not like it was Man City's first choice midfield either (bar Fernandinho) - Italian and English football are so very different.

Granted, he'll get used to it (well you'd hope considering the money they spent on him) - but to come from Italy, like Pisano did, they don't like the pace of the English game.

54 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

He doesn’t want to sign a new contract. He has to be sold . Same as BR. Unfortunately we are not a big club. And these players have ambitions. 16 million pound for 2 academy players. Good business 

Football-wise, IF the money is reinvested.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Puzzles me how we let JB play on Saturday. Clearly these bids were either on the table or pending and expected. I’m a huge JB fan but he was woeful on Saturday . Never got forward and his clearances were lazy and half hearted. His mind clearly wasn’t on it and if he’d picked up a bad knock we could have flushed £6m down the drain into the bargain. Strange one ! 

He was playing left back he got forward as much as hunt got forward

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well Lloyd Kelly would be much better there imo. Pisano looked like he was struggling with the pace of the game in the preseason game against Shrewsbury and actually looked far better when moved to centre back. I just don't think Pisano is naturally fit enough. Injury prone and used to a different pace of football. It's not unusual for a foreign player to come to English football for the first time late in their career and struggle to adapt. Hegeler is another example. 

It was a pre-season game and a pretty 5hite one at that.....I wouldn't take much notice of the pace of the game.

It may be that LJ was trying him out there knowing the likelihood of JB going with a view of sharing the left back load with LK. Pisano the more experienced, defensive and solid defender and Kelly the inexperienced but full of potential, pacey, athletic defender.

This might well happen if we don't go out an get a left back

3 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Go on then, who should we have signed?

Whoosh!

Did you not notice the :whistle: :) emoticons?

I'm not unhappy with our signings - my comment was made tongue in cheek!

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The thing is with that game is everyone seemed pretty fit, and Pisano looked by far the least fit. And he has looked the least fit player in every game he has played for us. I wouldn't call him solid, as he looks very uncomfortable with wingers getting him in one on ones. And he falls asleep at times with balls at the far post. And then there's his inability to get back when an attack breaks down, literally walking back because his legs have gone, and that has been in the first half of games. I hope I am wrong about him and he is now a new super fit version of last season,  but I can't imagine that will be the case.

Christ......"unfit, not solid, uncomfortable, falls asleep, inability to get back, walking back".....in that case, its makes you think what the hell our scouting and coaching teams are playing at !!

The bloke has come back from long term injuries, give the guy a chance. My opinion of him is that he is a solid, strong in the tackle defender who is able to get forward albeit without a lot of pace. Like most players....he just needs a spell in the side to get up to speed whether that be left or right back.

A couple things

Kelly should be ready. Has the right attributes to play a lot at this level. Hell this is the level young players should be getting the time to play. Younger players have done it and Lloyd is almost 20. Not a 17 year old. He answered the questions asked of him last season and for me, always felt safer with him at LB rather than JB. Lloyd would be fine and not that much of a gamble. Needs competition for sure but for me, would be a loan. 

The striker debate. I feel that we are short. Have a number that can play striker but not natural ones. Now I think Weimann will have a fine season next to Fam(who will also have a fine season). After that all we really have is Eisa as a natural #9. I definitely think he can step up but it is a massive gamble as Taylor or Paterson just won’t do imo. They all need to play with a proper forward and all we really have is Fam. Djuric looks like will be gone. Again I would head to the loan market. Someone like Nmecha or Nkietia and those are examples and I am sure there are other options out there. If Fam were to miss significantly more than these 6 matches I think we’d get found out and struggle to score. 

If Fulham are interested, than you can be assured that Bryan will have his agent on the blower straight away. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

A couple things

Kelly should be ready. Has the right attributes to play a lot at this level. Hell this is the level young players should be getting the time to play. Younger players have done it and Lloyd is almost 20. Not a 17 year old. He answered the questions asked of him last season and for me, always felt safer with him at LB rather than JB. Lloyd would be fine and not that much of a gamble. Needs competition for sure but for me, would be a loan. 

The striker debate. I feel that we are short. Have a number that can play striker but not natural ones. Now I think Weimann will have a fine season next to Fam(who will also have a fine season). After that all we really have is Eisa as a natural #9. I definitely think he can step up but it is a massive gamble as Taylor or Paterson just won’t do imo. They all need to play with a proper forward and all we really have is Fam. Djuric looks like will be gone. Again I would head to the loan market. Someone like Nmecha or Nkietia and those are examples and I am sure there are other options out there. If Fam were to miss significantly more than these 6 matches I think we’d get found out and struggle to score. 

Jordan Hugill out of our reach on a loan deal you think?

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Christ......"unfit, not solid, uncomfortable, falls asleep, inability to get back, walking back".....in that case, its makes you think what the hell our scouting and coaching teams are playing at !!

The bloke has come back from long term injuries, give the guy a chance. My opinion of him is that he is a solid, strong in the tackle defender who is able to get forward albeit without a lot of pace. Like most players....he just needs a spell in the side to get up to speed whether that be left or right back.

He is an option and we have a few. Even Baker has played at LB before.

Hunt, Wright, Webster, Baker

Pisano, Wright, Webster, Kelly

Wright, Webster, Baker, Pisano

The list could go on. Not ideal but we have plenty of cover for defensive positions and as scapegoated as he was, Pisano is a solid option when fit. Poor guy, him and FF scapegoated when everyone let Bristol City down. Pisano had a terrible injury and tried to get back and help. FF did a lot more good than bad yet these two get the most flak. Top professionals and make the squad better whether starting or not

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If Fulham are interested, than you can be assured that Bryan will have his agent on the blower straight away. 

Jordan Hugill out of our reach on a loan deal you think?

Been linked with Leeds and QPR so we are at that level. Think West Ham want another striker in before he goes anywhere. I would not say no and would give us better depth and more options

Archived