IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A couple things

Kelly should be ready. Has the right attributes to play a lot at this level. Hell this is the level young players should be getting the time to play. Younger players have done it and Lloyd is almost 20. Not a 17 year old. He answered the questions asked of him last season and for me, always felt safer with him at LB rather than JB. Lloyd would be fine and not that much of a gamble. Needs competition for sure but for me, would be a loan. 

The striker debate. I feel that we are short. Have a number that can play striker but not natural ones. Now I think Weimann will have a fine season next to Fam(who will also have a fine season). After that all we really have is Eisa as a natural #9. I definitely think he can step up but it is a massive gamble as Taylor or Paterson just won’t do imo. They all need to play with a proper forward and all we really have is Fam. Djuric looks like will be gone. Again I would head to the loan market. Someone like Nmecha or Nkietia and those are examples and I am sure there are other options out there. If Fam were to miss significantly more than these 6 matches I think we’d get found out and struggle to score. 

To be honest I would let Taylor go as well as Djuric. Pay £10m and bring in a top quality CF to compete with Weiman, Eisa and FD and use Pato when we want to play 4411

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

To be honest I would let Taylor go as well as Djuric. Pay £10m and bring in a top quality CF to compete with Weiman, Eisa and FD and use Pato when we want to play 4411

What sort of 10M rated striker would come here - nobody currently playing in England would.

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A couple things

Kelly should be ready. Has the right attributes to play a lot at this level. Hell this is the level young players should be getting the time to play. Younger players have done it and Lloyd is almost 20. Not a 17 year old. He answered the questions asked of him last season and for me, always felt safer with him at LB rather than JB. Lloyd would be fine and not that much of a gamble. Needs competition for sure but for me, would be a loan. 

The striker debate. I feel that we are short. Have a number that can play striker but not natural ones. Now I think Weimann will have a fine season next to Fam(who will also have a fine season). After that all we really have is Eisa as a natural #9. I definitely think he can step up but it is a massive gamble as Taylor or Paterson just won’t do imo. They all need to play with a proper forward and all we really have is Fam. Djuric looks like will be gone. Again I would head to the loan market. Someone like Nmecha or Nkietia and those are examples and I am sure there are other options out there. If Fam were to miss significantly more than these 6 matches I think we’d get found out and struggle to score. 

Kelly is an elegant player but does need regular starts to eliminate the mistakes that he makes ,mostly in positioning. 

Whether that's with us or not I don't mind but he will one day in the not too distant future be a target for Derby or Aston Villa.

:yes:

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Someone say ' ointment ' ?

Do you have this  in your product range Major and if so, is it available with the applicator?

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A couple things

Agree about Lloyd Kelly. I'd seriously think about having Pring as his understudy/on the bench, i've seen him a few times in the 23's and he looks good, and looks physically up to it.

9 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Agree about Lloyd Kelly. I'd seriously think about having Pring as his understudy/on the bench, i've seen him a few times in the 23's and he looks good, and looks physically up to it.

I really like the sound of this, the 2 of them competing for the LB spot and that competition hopefully bringing out the best in both of them.

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Jorginho against Man City on Sunday.

He could not get it into his head that he had to control the ball quicker and play his passes sooner because as soon as he got the ball, the Man City midfield were on him. They found him out very quickly 

It was not like it was Man City's first choice midfield either (bar Fernandinho) - Italian and English football are so very different.

Granted, he'll get used to it (well you'd hope considering the money they spent on him) - but to come from Italy, like Pisano did, they don't like the pace of the English game.

Bit of a wide ranging statement, plenty of Italians have played in our leagues over the last 25 years and have had no problems.

56 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Dont think I said England?

True. You didn’t say anything or anybody. You just presumed there is one out there somewhere willing and able to come here presumably before Thursday as not many 10M strikers will be available for loan I guess.

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

True. You didn’t say anything or anybody. You just presumed there is one out there somewhere willing and able to come here presumably before Thursday as not many 10M strikers will be available for loan I guess.

In hope more than expectation!

I'll be sad to see Joe go. He gave me one of the best moments at Ashton gate. That goal against those ***** with my late grandad will stick in my memory forever. My grandad never sweared but boy he gave those gas directors some shit. God bless him.

54 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

My only thing with Pring is he has never played close to league level before. Means naught because Kelly has not either would just be nice to give him a bit more experience first. Has stood out whenever I have seen him though. Kelly I think would pass with flying colours. Maybe a bad game every 7-8 but they’d get fewer. He has too many good attributes to fail consistently imo. 

52 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Let's do it , let's be brave.

:clap:

Be brave is the way to go. I’d be trying to get Walsh more minutes too. A big fan of quite a few coming through the ranks. 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

I would not be adverse to selling Taylor as I’d rather just play Pato in that role. Idk about 10m but I would like to see another forward with pedigree brought in. I do mean that in the more than 4m range. Would not mind another foreign signing either if it has to be. When we put in the effort we get them right(Kodjia Fam).

Just don’t think Taylor brings much to the table. Clever little player when he gets time and space but not afforded that at this level often. Pato is either all or nothing. Djuric seems like he is leaving so we are really relying on Weimann, Eisa and Diedhiou. A bit worried. Like I said worst case wouldn’t mind a top young prem player. 

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

In england I can only really think of Sam Gallagher. Think they want around 10m for him and were reluctant to loan him out again. Good player but not at that price. I’d give them a generous loan fee for him though. Hugill also mentioned earlier. Both good loan targets imo and probably available to some extent. 

Archived